PM Happy with Tourism Recovery

snoop1130

If I lived in Thailand I"d be happy too.  Particularly without tens of thousands of chinese swarming all you can eat restaurants.  

If I was Thai I wouldn't be too happy about it but hey, that's just an opinion.  I'm white as a ghost here and all signs so far state that's the way I'll stay all winter.  

Edited by Blumpie

Such great recovery, those still open are into their necks in debt and one additinal wave (as occured everywhere after mass vaxx) blows them. Keep dreaming of a 18M (50% recovery) during next year.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

12 hours ago, Blumpie said:

If I lived in Thailand I"d be happy too.  Particularly without tens of thousands of chinese swarming all you can eat restaurants.  

If I was Thai I wouldn't be too happy about it but hey, that's just an opinion.  I'm white as a ghost here and all signs so far state that's the way I'll stay all winter.  

What Chinese... Xi won't let them come.

• Haha 1

When I tried to book my hotel in Hua Hin by phone they asked me if I had a travel voucher.  I asked them Does the Centara Grand participate in the scheme. The answer was if course up to a certain amount.  So the folks using subsidies are now able to stay at a 5 star accommodation instead if a lower class 3 star resort. Amazing Thailand.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

I had a couple of weeks in Bangkok, stayed at a hotel, ate out, even managed a sneaky beer or two. 

Though it should be regarded it as an 'internal transfer' so to speak. Instead of spending my money for that fortnight in Pak Chong I was spending it in Bangkok. 

I wonder if a few other people were distorting the figures like me?

• Like 1

This money is cash that is just circulating around the Economy. It therefore adds nothing to the actual GDP

Any money spent by the 60,000 ? Tourists since the start of November, will do very little to add to the GDP of the Nation in terms of actual new money

I just dont get why Prayut is happy, its just the same money going round on the spin cycle.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So let me get this right, 909k people booked 1,296k room using subsidies ? he congratulating tourism figures based on people booking basically ONE room for ONE night after subsidies ? The guy is more bat crazy than i thought !

Multi destination holiday; one person books a room in (say) Pattaya for 3 nights, Bangkok for 3 nights, Phuket for 3 nights.  The figures do work.  Whether I believe them is a different question.

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

They can come up with all these figures at the drop of a hat it's truly amazing, just like the number of Krathongs collected and inspected in less than 24 hours after the event the can give you an exact figure.

How long did it take to count the election votes though?

Hmmm...

"Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana," Is that one of the deputy DPM's? :cheesy: 

• Haha 1