Country of origin for 21 days?

No... you can go back to the UK (or any of the 63 approved low risk countries) for as long as you want so long as you have not been in a high risk country (not any of the 63 approved low risk countries) within the past 21 days.

Thus: Travelling Thailand to the UK and returning to Thailand 14 days later is no issue whatsoever. 

(I’m not 100% certain of transit regulations - but most countries in which we may transit in from the UK are also within the 63 approved low risk countries). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No... you can go back to the UK (or any of the 63 approved low risk countries) for as long as you want so long as you have not been in a high risk country (not any of the 63 approved low risk countries) within the past 21 days.

Thus: Travelling Thailand to the UK and returning to Thailand 14 days later is no issue whatsoever. 

(I’m not 100% certain of transit regulations - but most countries in which we may transit in from the UK are also within the 63 approved low risk countries). 

That’s great 

thanks for the answer !

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Transit does not effect your country restrictions as long it's on one ticket and you don't leave the transfer area and the transit is less then 24 hours.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

That’s great 

thanks for the answer !

It states this on some embassy and official consulate websites.

"Only Eligible countries (Note: must reside in the country for at least 21 consecutive days, except those who have just travelled out from Thailand (Check the list of Countries)"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, merijn said:

Transit does not effect your country restrictions as long it's on one ticket and you don't leave the transfer area and the transit is less then 24 hours.

Do you have a source for this?  Other country's rules I have encountered included transiting in a "red list" country, where you left the plane and new passengers could board, as a rule for exclusion.  As mentioned above there probably won't be many, if any, potential transit countries which could be a problem, but it might be handy to have the official rule available in case something changes.

40 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Just to confirm what others already said: I travelled out of Thailand on Nov 7, back Nov 19, no issues.

No issue meaning? Did you have to be quarantined for 1 day and do the Covid test before and after arrival in Thailand?

Did you have to buy the 25,000 usd insurance if you didn't have one before this?

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

No issue meaning? Did you have to be quarantined for 1 day and do the Covid test before and after arrival in Thailand?

Did you have to buy the 25,000 usd insurance if you didn't have one before this?

Entry (re-entry) requirements are still the same. 

IF we leave Thailand (i.e. to the UK) and return 10 days later, we need to meet the Thailand Pass requirements (insurance, Test & Go hotel (PCR test / Transport), Pre-Flight PCR test).

Also - the level of insurance cover is US$50,000 (or currency equivalent - unless something has changed in the last day or two).

• Like 1