Police return money to the abbot - 63 million baht

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thai PBS didn't explain where the monk - based in Nong Bua district - got such a large sum of money in the first place. 

The figure embezzled as 63,034,470 baht, to be precise.

If everybody just like I put 20 baht note in a charity box every time visiting a temple it might sum up over time - not to forget a 100 baht note when also getting blessed by a monk - I'm however amazed that it can be as much as 63 million baht...????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

"The monk - based in Nong Bua district - didn't explain where he got such a large sum of money in the first place."

Try putting 3 plastic bags over his head , until he tells you then.................:coffee1:

Good point......six could kill him.

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

"The Church" was the second oldest form of business ever invented by man.  The cave witchdoctor/sharman would rattle bones or read the signs and be highly regarded by the tribe.  He didn't hunt or gather, but elicited tithe from the tribe.

Add on a few thousand years and nothing has changed.

At least the oldest profession is a little more upfront and honest.

.....and a lot more fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nice of the temple to put the money to such good use, helping the poor through the pandemic. Oh, wait.......

I can't believe how gullible Thai people are when it comes to the Thai version of Buddhism. It is a business, pure and simple, with massive cash reserves.

It's not referred to as The Saffron Mafia for nothing...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, khunPer said:

If everybody just like I put 20 baht note in a charity box every time visiting a temple it might sum up over time - not to forget a 100 baht note when also getting blessed by a monk - I'm however amazed that it can be as much as 63 million baht...????

Catch and release. Sell some fishes, back into the water and catch them after 15 seconds. Those fishes know, where they live.