Condominium Regulations, Covid-19, and non-Thai tenants

Vaughan9

I live in a condomium and own some units which I rent out mainly to university students. Some students are flying in from Laos in a week or so. They are all fully vaccinated (with Pfizer I understand), will be staying in a Quarantine Hotel nearby for a night before they move to my rooms the next day. They will have their Education visas, vaccination certificates, Covid insurance and their negative test results, and I will file their TM-30s with Immigration as soon as I can get their passport and visa details, and TM-6 numbers (if they still use them).

I informed the Condominium Office a couple of weeks ago that they would be coming with all the correct documents. Yesterday I was informed by the Condo Office staff that the Committee has decided that the Lao nationals will not be allowed to enter Condo's premises, and if they do come, the police will be called.

This does not seem lawful to me. Can condo committees make regulations about who can live or rent rooms?

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Vaughan9 said:

I informed the Condominium Office a couple of weeks ago that they would be coming with all the correct documents. Yesterday I was informed by the Condo Office staff that the Committee has decided that the Lao nationals will not be allowed to enter Condo's premises, and if they do come, the police will be called.

Why wouldn't legal vistors be permitted to stay at your property? Let us know what happens with the police. 

• Like 2

Sad, and just another reason to never provide too many details in this country, especially.
Like yourself I used to be open and honest about everything I did or planned to do, informing those I felt needed to be. But after being faced with many hurdles Ike the one you have mentioned I now just keep my mouth shut until asked, and even then it’s usually a cut down version. It’s not something that doesn’t sit right with me personally, but is a necessary evil 

• Like 1