More COVID infections found in Bangkok after woman drops dead in alley

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXYnOEmfPiJBvNTASPfMLFTQZa7V9jnkrkyQGa.jpg

Health officials and a mobile COVID-19 testing unit were dispatched to Phahonyothin Soi 54/1, in Bangkok’s Sai Mai, district to test people in the community, after a 30-year-old woman collapsed and died in the middle of a lane on Tuesday. The woman tested positive for the virus at the post-mortem examination.

Health officials urged unvaccinated residents in the neighbourhood to receive free inoculations at Wat Koh Or-ngern today.

The victim’s house, a nearby grocery shop and several other houses were also disinfected today.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/more-covid-infections-found-in-bangkok-after-woman-drops-dead-in-alley/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

Seems this family didn't want to get tested because what the government would have done to them.  Tip of the iceberg.  Yes breakthrough cases are happening here in Utah, USA too.  I have not read about booster breakthrough cases here.   

Thailand is counting vax numbers using ( 1 shot %)  this is totally wrong.   they really need to do some titer checks to see if 2 sinovacs  or local made combos are doing anything and revaluate the numbers.   

That picture really looks like from an open country, NOT! 

Blood on someone's hands as I see it. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Seems this family didn't want to get tested because what the government would have done to them.  Tip of the iceberg.  Yes breakthrough cases are happening here in Utah, USA too.  I have not read about booster breakthrough cases here.   

Thailand is counting vax numbers using ( 1 shot %)  this is totally wrong.   they really need to do some titer checks to see if 2 sinovacs  or local made combos are doing anything and revaluate the numbers.   

That picture really looks like from an open country, NOT! 

Blood on someone's hands as I see it. 

News-blip says they tested positive, didn't say they had symptoms, and 5 were vax'd w/2 shots, plus 1 having a booster.  So much for that ... read into it what you want. ????

"Test results of the victim’s four family members show her mother and elder sister are infected, while her father and a seven-year-old child are clear of the virus.

14 of 22 neighbours were tested this morning, with 5, including the grocer, tested positive.

Health officials said that four of the infected are fully inoculated with two AstraZeneca vaccine doses and the fifth has received two Sinopharm doses and third AstraZeneca booster jab."

Edited by KhunLA

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Awful vague reporting... What did this lady die of ????

People don’t ‘die of Covid-19’.... They may die of respiratory complications or other issues due to Covid-19.

People also die of many other complications and just happen to test positive for Covid-19. 

So.. which is it?  this article does not mention the most important part of the story given the epidemic. 

Agreed

• Like 2

I didn't notice the cause of death in the article, you can die from multiple other causes, and still test positive for Covid-19 - in Europe even traffic a victims have been counted as "dead with Covid-19" - but that does not mean it was that virus, which killed you...????

5 hours ago, wolf81 said:

Yeah, I'm sure if you measure in the villages you will find plenty of COVID cases everywhere. 

Interesting and maybe so! Perhaps Cambodia knows something Thailand does not (from today's Khmer press):-

Cambodian provinces sharing borders with Vietnam, Thailand and Laos are stepping up measures to prevent the import of Covid-19 cases, as the Kingdom’s neighbouring nations face climbing infection rates.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/category/national/