Maid

mumx4

We are relocating & would like to help our phillipino maid find a new family, she is 40yrs young, full of life very energenic always happy & good fun to have around. I have 4 girls aged 11, 9, 3yr old twins, Liza has been with us for 2 yrs & has been a great help to me especially with the twins. She speaks english well, cooks well including western, asian & always likes to try something new.

Her priority has always been the kids, but in saying that the housework has never been neglected, so she is a very hard working, honest & reliable person. Liza would prefer to stay in the Pattanakarn/On Nut/Ekamie/ Thonglor/ high sukhumvit area so anyone interested please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Jo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I recently made inquiries to ascertain how our nanny in Hong Kong could obtain a WP for Thailand. The result of my inquiries was that it is not possible. If someone has contrary information (OP ?) please post some details. As it happens we have now employed a local nanny anyway, but I would still like to know for future reference.

I recently made inquiries to ascertain how our nanny in Hong Kong could obtain a WP for Thailand. The result of my inquiries was that it is not possible. If someone has contrary information (OP ?) please post some details. As it happens we have now employed a local nanny anyway, but I would still like to know for future reference.

Some friends employed a Vietnamese nanny / maid with a WP so it can be done but I don't know the details of how they did it.

Also, she cannot transfer her WP to a new job so as soon as her old job finishes so does her work permit. Therefore whether she had one before or not is immaterial.

But it's not immaterial to understanding *how* to get a WP for a foreign nanny is it ? As far as I know, WPs have to be sponsored by a *company* and there are rules such as having a certain number of Thai employees working in the company, and that the job is not one which a local thai person can do.

Burmese maids and nannies don't have a work permit as such but a card that allows them to work in the job specified for a particular employer. I don't know the exact details of how to get one but we did it for our former Burmese maid some years ago. It requires the Thai person living in the house and who has a 'tabien baan' (???) to fill in the paperwork - I guess it is almost like sponsoring them. As far as I know it is not possible for foreigners to do this. In our case our landlord arranged it for us .... although it helped that he was a very high up person in the justice system and one of his mates was the minister of labour!!

Burmese maids and nannies don't have a work permit as such but a card that allows them to work in the job specified for a particular employer. I don't know the exact details of how to get one but we did it for our former Burmese maid some years ago. It requires the Thai person living in the house and who has a 'tabien baan' (???) to fill in the paperwork - I guess it is almost like sponsoring them. As far as I know it is not possible for foreigners to do this. In our case our landlord arranged it for us .... although it helped that he was a very high up person in the justice system and one of his mates was the minister of labour!!

That sounds about right otherwise the jobs would be open to many more nationalities such as the HK maid someone wanted to bring over.

That sounds about right otherwise the jobs would be open to many more nationalities such as the HK maid someone wanted to bring over.

Yes, that was me - for our nanny in HK - I was told that is was impossble - but several posts in this thread indicate that it is possible - the OP with the Fillipino maid with WP and PattayaParent who's friend employed a Vietnamese maid/nanny with WP.

• 3 weeks later...

www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2006/reader3121.htm

Just reading this conversation as I was looking for an answer myself. I did other google searching and found this website with answers to the foreign nanny issue. It appears that "nanny" is not listed as a disallowed form of foreign employment and legal employment can be worked out with 3 month border runs for legal work renewal. There is some comment about getting an actual one year permit from outside the country but I'm not clear on how. Still, this looks promising and also to cost about the same as the monthly illegale type border runs will cost. The crux is that the employer must pay 50,000 baht personal income tax per year for each foreign employee they want.

cheers! :o

Just reading this conversation as I was looking for an answer myself. I did other google searching and found this website with answers to the foreign nanny issue. It appears that "nanny" is not listed as a disallowed form of foreign employment and legal employment can be worked out with 3 month border runs for legal work renewal. There is some comment about getting an actual one year permit from outside the country but I'm not clear on how. Still, this looks promising and also to cost about the same as the monthly illegale type border runs will cost. The crux is that the employer must pay 50,000 baht personal income tax per year for each foreign employee they want.

cheers! :o

Very interesting. I wish I had pursued this to get our chinese nanny here from HK, and could have avoided paying our new nanny 15k per month and having one or the other sitting idle depending on where we are.

A friend of mine has her Filipino helpers enroled in Thai language classes, which enables them to stay in Thailand as students. She brought them with her from HK and explored the WP path but found it more costly and troublesome than the student visa route.

A friend of mine has her Filipino helpers enroled in Thai language classes, which enables them to stay in Thailand as students. She brought them with her from HK and explored the WP path but found it more costly and troublesome than the student visa route.

People on student visas are not permitted to work.

People on student visas are not permitted to work.

could you ask your friend where she has them enrolled in school and which agency processed their visas? I've looked into this and the cost is 36,000 baht for the year from my resource.

Dear Jo:

I am interested in interviewing your maid as we are looking for domestic help. We live in the Bangna area and have two children. Please give me her mobile number and I will contact her.

Thank you,

Danni

We are relocating & would like to help our phillipino maid find a new family, she is 40yrs young, full of life very energenic always happy & good fun to have around. I have 4 girls aged 11, 9, 3yr old twins, Liza has been with us for 2 yrs & has been a great help to me especially with the twins. She speaks english well, cooks well including western, asian & always likes to try something new.

Her priority has always been the kids, but in saying that the housework has never been neglected, so she is a very hard working, honest & reliable person. Liza would prefer to stay in the Pattanakarn/On Nut/Ekamie/ Thonglor/ high sukhumvit area so anyone interested please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Jo

• 4 months later...
Hi im looking for a part time live out nanny for one three year old just to do a couple of hours a day to pick up from school and one evening at the weekend poss stay over

please let me know if this is of any interest

lorna

hello mam, i am very much intersted to work with you and your 3 year old kid. i am pauline from the philippines this is my number 0811319549 i am now in bangkok..... hope to hear from you. thank you very much..