Thailand Pass Requires Return Flights ?

13 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

I leave for Oz tomorrow, returning 30th December. My extension of stay valid to January 12th. Got 30 days insurance (minimum, I think), and have just received my Thailand Pass.

My confusion is more about (using your example and dates) what if your extension and reentry permit had expiry Nov 12 /2022.

Can you still just obtain one month insurance. 

• Confused 1

My quandary echoes DrJack. Extension re-entry expires Nov 2022, is it possible to fly in with changeable 30 day return ticket / 30 day insurance - but be stamped in based on re-entry until Nov 2022? Or will this 30 day plan invalidate my re-entry permit and I'll be stamped in with VOA?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thats interesting. Must keep a look out for similar posts. 

Clearly was down to your visa.

Surely not across the board.

What if someone had a reentry permit with a life of 11 months. Or a non O-A. Wonder what their required period of insurance would be

As I have posted before, I came back on a reentry permit with 10 months remaining and entered with 71 days of insurance, I had a return ticket leaving after the 71 days but was permitted to remain until the end of the reentry permit.

You and others insisted the insurance was required to the end of the reentry permit, maybe time to reconsider what you tell people.

On 11/25/2021 at 12:37 PM, eisfeld said:

A return flight is not needed but you need to have Covid insurance covering at least 90 days from the day of arrival in Thailand. I got approved without a return flight (as I live in Thailand). I do not know if that is accepted if on a Tourist visa. I suggest though that you book some kind of return flight that can be cancelled/changed/refunded.

Are there any agents who handle flights from Australia to Thailand , everything taken care of. I am utterly confused with everything at the moment.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, Sqoop said:

I think it might relate to Scoot's own rules and their VTL or vaccinated travel lane requirements. I assume that these are agreed with the Singapore government. 

Correct. Australia and New Zealand are both on Singapore's Category II list, but only Australia is on the VTL list. You didn't qualify to board a VTL flight because you had been in a non-VTL country within the previous 14 days. If the airline could have changed you to a non-VTL flight, that wouldn't have been an issue. (VTL rules are set by the Singapore government.)

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Just my observations from my passing through the health checks on arrival at BKK about two weeks ago. The guys in front of me were tourists (no idea if visa or visa-exempt entry) and the girl checking their paperwork also needed to see their hotel booking/confirmation BEYOND the 1-day, test-and-go AQ booking.

I was re-entering on a re-entry permit with about 4 months validity remaining and my up-country address on the TM7. She didn't ask for proof of where I was going after my 1-day, test-and-go AQ hotel.

YMMV

That was two weeks ago. At that time, many travelers complained that health and Immigration officials were examining documents far outside the "QR code and PCR result only" that were supposedly the only requirements for entry under Thailand Pass, and that long queues were building up as a result. MFA denied that this was true, but also said they would stop it from happening further ???? I haven't heard of it reoccurring lately.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:34 AM, Sqoop said:

Yes exactly, but my question relates to flight requirements for Thai Pass / immigration. I assume a return flight is needed but just checking.

Thailand Pass requirements are a separate issue from normal immigration requirements. If you're entering under a category like visa exempt that normally requires an onward ticket, then that still applies. If you're on a long term visa or reentry permit that doesn't require one, that also still applies. Thailand Pass doesn't have anything to do with it.

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thats interesting. Must keep a look out for similar posts. 

Clearly was down to your visa.

Surely not across the board.

What if someone had a reentry permit with a life of 11 months. Or a non O-A. Wonder what their required period of insurance would be

Initially we were told that insurance was required for the entire period of authorized stay, no matter how long that might be. MFA then told Richard Barrow that 30 days insurance would be fine for everyone, but of course that has never appeared in writing. Since Richard's discussion, people have posted that they were indeed approved for TP with a 30 day policy and a long term reentry permit, but whether that was due to official policy or just dumb luck is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Brisbane 

I'm in Sydney, I did it myself when do you want to go Thailand?

regardless of using an agent you will need your documents digitised, follow the chart I sent you to get your documents ready to submit, once you have the documents it is pretty much step by step.

Putting details into the Thai Pass is straight forward

Have you downloaded the Australian Government Vaccine Certificate from Medicare 

5 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I intend flying Brisbane to Koh Samui via Singapore

You have to go BKK first and do one night stay with PCR test. you can not book international to Koh Samui as far as I know it will be domestic flight

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

As I have posted before, I came back on a reentry permit with 10 months remaining and entered with 71 days of insurance, I had a return ticket leaving after the 71 days but was permitted to remain until the end of the reentry permit.

You and others insisted the insurance was required to the end of the reentry permit, maybe time to reconsider what you tell people.

That's not the question I was asking.

You had an onward flight..

What if you did not.

What length of insurance would you take out, given that you had 10 month validity remaining on your reentry permit.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

You and others insisted the insurance was required to the end of the reentry permit, maybe time to reconsider what you tell people

Here is post from  thread by @khunjeff

"Initially we were told that insurance was required for the entire period of authorized stay, no matter how long that might be. MFA then told Richard Barrow that 30 days insurance would be fine for everyone, but of course that has never appeared in writing. Since Richard's discussion, people have posted that they were indeed approved for TP with a 30 day policy and a long term reentry permit, but whether that was due to official policy or just dumb luck is anyone's guess."....

I suggest you post what you think the rules are regarding required insurance.

I cannot find any.

Had read Barrow post days ago.

In my mind still has not been stated clearly.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's not the question I was asking.

You had an onward flight..

What if you did not.

What length of insurance would you take out, given that you had 10 month validity remaining on your reentry permit.

This was the text in question

"If you do not have a return ticket, your health insurance must cover at least 90 days."

In other threads you insisted that with a reentry permit length of stay was to end of permit and insurance must be valid for that period of time.

Do you now accept that length of stay would be in line with a return ticket, it's a yes or no.

24 minutes ago, sandyf said:

This was the text in question

"If you do not have a return ticket, your health insurance must cover at least 90 days."

In other threads you insisted that with a reentry permit length of stay was to end of permit and insurance must be valid for that period of time.

Do you now accept that length of stay would be in line with a return ticket, it's a yes or no.

No.

The text you refered to was not my statement.

Was from a guy that turns out had a twist. Something like his country did not have a consulate. Something like that.

In any event irrelevant.

It's only a guess but my most recent thinking is that for folk with a reentry permit or visa such as an non O-A, that 30 day insurance will be acceptable.

If a stay is less eg 14days then they would need to show outbound flight for shorter period of insurance.

Those folk regardless of insurance period would be stamped in according to reentry permit or visa. 

Now show me official statement and everyone is happy. Untill that time we have confusion and only base ideas on what occurs from reports. 

Edited by DrJack54

• 2 weeks later...

I just flew from Auckland to Bangkok on Scoot. The Scoot check-in staff seem to be over efficious compared to Thai immigration for boarding requirements. For instance they require return flights and even though I had a Thailand pass they were checking details like hotel booking pcr test. I managed to get here having first been rejected from my connection in Melbourne and forced to wait there for 14 days and book another flight.

It seems that Scoot VTL ( vaccinated travel lane ) agreements with people passing through Singapore means that in order to travel you must have spent the last 14 days in an agreed list of countries. i.e Australia / UK / ....

Anyway I eventually got here after much expense and hassle. But the check-in process was harder than any of the paper work checks along the way.

Just waiting on pct test results now .. anyone know how long that takes ??

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

The Scoot check-in staff seem to be over efficious compared to Thai immigration for boarding requirements. For instance they require return flights and even though I had a Thailand pass they were checking details like hotel booking pcr test

Clarify return flight. Surely you mean onward flight. 

You were entering thailand visa exempt? 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Clarify return flight. Surely you mean onward flight. 

You were entering thailand visa exempt? 

Yes I mean a flight out of Thailand .. its the first thing that the Scoot staff checked. Luckily I had one. But my point is that this was an airline check-in requirement - not something checked when I got to Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Yes I mean a flight out of Thailand .. its the first thing that the Scoot staff checked. Luckily I had one. But my point is that this was an airline check-in requirement - not something checked when I got to Thailand.

Again were you entering Visa Exempt or on a Tourist Visa?  

8 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Again....did you have a visa or flying visa exempt.

Edit: snap with Ryan.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Visa exempt

So out of interest.... That was a throw away ticket or a ticket that allowed free date change.

Not being pedantic. It's just that MANY folk are entering visa exempt and almost all would not be planning onward flight within 30 days.

What insurance 50k did you opt for.

You had a hell of a trip from NZ. 

Welcome to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So out of interest.... That was a throw away ticket or a ticket that allowed free date change.

Not being pedantic. It's just that MANY folk are entering visa exempt and almost all would not be planning onward flight within 30 days.

What insurance 50k did you opt for.

You had a hell of a trip from NZ. 

Welcome to Thailand.

Well I booked my flights with kiwi.com - a mistake that I will not repeat. So when I was bounced off of the first flight I lost the inward booking but still had the return flight. This is what I showed as a flight out of Thailand. I booked it with a change option and "insurance".

It turns out due to kiwi.com's small print it was not changeable and the insurance is some sort of non functional service - but thats another story.