Thailand Pass Requires Return Flights ?

5 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Well I booked my flights with kiwi.com - a mistake that I will not repeat. So when I was bounced off of the first flight I lost the inward booking but still had the return flight. This is what I showed as a flight out of Thailand. I booked it with a change option and "insurance".

It turns out due to kiwi.com's small print it was not changeable and the insurance is some sort of non functional service - but thats another story.

So you have entered visa exempt which gives 30 day permit..

Can obtain 30 day extension (1900baht) ...what happens after that? 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So you have entered visa exempt which gives 30 day permit..

Can obtain 30 day extension (1900baht) ...what happens after that? 

Not sure I understand your question  ? If I want a 30 day extension then perhaps .. and then a two month stay should be enough

7 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Not sure I understand your question  ? If I want a 30 day extension then perhaps .. and then a two month stay should be enough

I don't understand.

Surely with all the issues and cost to get to Thailand ...your happy with a 60 day stay? 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't understand.

Surely with all the issues and cost to get to Thailand ...your happy with a 60 day stay? 

Well 60 days with an extension should be fine. If yesterday's checkin had failed then I would have just given up and toured Australia. Its only a stubborn streak that forced me to keep trying to travel to Thailand given the cost/ paperwork / effort needed. If I had realised in advance how difficult it was I would not have tried.

If there was a way to extend the trip given my details ( 55 / retired ) then I would. But I was just keen to travel after a couple of years of lock down.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:32 AM, Sqoop said:

Yes I made the mistake of booking through kiwi.com, I will never do it again. I booked their insurance and option to change flight details. They nickle and dimed me on payments to book seats etc. So it was quite expensive. When I encountered a problem their insurance it turned out was just a service that did not offer refunds. Also if I wanted to change the return flight details I would just need to pay full flights costs. Err no thanks.

These cheap airlines can kill you on all there little add on, Book a real airline next time and get to your destination

On 11/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, NanLaew said:

That sounds to me like a Singapore transit regulation, no? They are still really hammering their own and unless the transit through SIN is completely air-side and gate-to-gate like I did last May, then the 'stopover' isn't allowed?

I flew Lax to SIN-BKK on Nov 17 and SING sweated me HARD at LAX about my covid test date as it was dated the 14th and I argued the RESULTS came in on the 15th as I was in Lax late on the 17th...They are real jerks imo and wont use them again--aslso face recog cameras to board without any opt out!???

So the guy is arguing with me at lax and says I may NOT be able to board and throwing me into a panic as I already flew from DC-denver.....he sent a pic of my covid test to "somone" in BKK with his phone and said its UP TO THEM to decide....Who???? some dude on your phone???? man--talk about chaos

Anyway i was allowed to board but what a sh*tshow with them...never again Sing Air--I miss EVA Air.....

I did have a throwaway onward tix but no one asked to see it...it was all about my covid test date and the plane was running late so my layover in SIn was basically me running thru SIn to make my connection to BKK...the thai pass in BKK was simple and was quick--then off to hotel--for PCR

I used AQ.in.th to get the Thai pass.They charged 2995 Baht. They sent me the pass with QR code this morning, took 10 hours.

Hotel requires me to provide flight out and where going after one night. I need to do things in Bangkok,like open bank account get affidavit for marriage so have a relative of GF  where I will stay and his address written in Thai. 

I enter on Visa exempt and plan on extending this will immigration require another flight out ticket when I extend?

I can buy one for first 30 days at Bangkok airways to Phnom Penh for 37 euros.

Also I will need to go to immigration and register a TM 30 when staying at his address on first day is this correct