Red Bull heir ‘Boss’ hiding in Austria: report

webfact

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  They're advisories to police forces, that's all, no police force has to act on them. 

A Red Notice does not mandate that any country has to deport him and Interpol has no authority to instruct any country about who they should deport.

Expand  

You are just being obtuse.

If the guy was on a red notice, he'd have been picked up by now.

No, I'm not.   Interpol's Notices are advisories, they are not mandatory instructions.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Then they do what?   He's not wanted anywhere except Thailand.

Austrian authorities first would check if the wanted suspect is accused of a crime according to Austrian laws. If so, they would take him into custody, then waiting for an application of extradition made by Thailand.

He's not wanted in an country except Thailand so there is no reason for Austrian authorities to detain him.   There is no extradition treaty between Austria and Thailand.

58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's not wanted in an country except Thailand so there is no reason for Austrian authorities to detain him.   There is no extradition treaty between Austria and Thailand.

Sure he's wanted only by Thailand. Where else should he be?

If a red notice exists, it is as I wrote above. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Austria is the home of Red Bull outside Thailand!

Austria invented it.

What do these people want for Boss? 10 years in jail?

Of course he's not going to come to Thailand, where he's get an unfair trial for being rich. 

I personally know 4 cases when drunk drivers have killed motorcyclists, one was a colleague. 2 foreigners paid under 1 million baht to make it go away, 1 to wait until the next day for the alcohol test, the other 700k to bribe a cop. The Thais both paid 50k baht and that was the end of it. 

This guy has already given millions of baht in compensation to the family of the dead guy, yet he is still hounded  by people who don't understand the way things happen in Thailand. 

Remember the policeman who killed the British backpacker after being spat at, remember Duangchalerm, who allegedly shot a policeman with 22 eye witnesses, who then fled and returned for no charges to be made and was given a job as a police marksman and a job in the government, remember the Kao Tao fiasco, where the head man's son was wanted and the police chief was fired the next day?

Get over it, no one cares any more about this guy.  

• Sad 4

7 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Only CIA has infrastructure to kidnap a person outside USA and transport to another location without the government knowledge.

That would be the NSA. 

The real deep cover boggieman.

7 hours ago, fangless said:

Now it all becomes clear as I am certain there is no Extradition Treaty with Austra!

That's no solid escape-proof strategy. In the absence of an extradition treaty, there is the deportation approach which is achieved by cancelling the fugitive's passport. Without a valid passport, the foreigner is effectively an illegal immigrant and risks arrest and expulsion. This is of course the scenario if he holds a Thai passport only. If however he was very kindly granted citizenship by Montenegro or one of those cash-starved Caribbean islands, then he can continue enjoying that Wiener Schnitzel with Dom Perignon while waiting for the statute of limitations to run its course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mvdf said:

That's no solid escape-proof strategy. In the absence of an extradition treaty, there is the deportation approach which is achieved by cancelling the fugitive's passport. Without a valid passport, the foreigner is effectively an illegal immigrant and risks arrest and expulsion. This is of course the scenario if he holds a Thai passport only. If however he was very kindly granted citizenship by Montenegro or one of those cash-starved Caribbean islands, then he can continue enjoying that Wiener Schnitzel with Dom Perignon while waiting for the statute of limitations to run its course. 

Did you read my post? 

I quoted the misspelled  word "Austra" and was being somewhat "tongue in cheek" with my comment re "Extradition Treaty"!

I hope I do not get threatened with deportation for trying to extradite myself for trying to inject a little humour into this long drawn out saga!

????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ignis said:

enormous wealth...

People have different names, different Passports, some have face surgery,  unless fingerprints of every male around the same age were taken, he maybe in the same room as them

my god! he could be Raymond Redington. Can't wait for Season 10...

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Austria invented it.

What do these people want for Boss? 10 years in jail?

Of course he's not going to come to Thailand, where he's get an unfair trial for being rich. 

I personally know 4 cases when drunk drivers have killed motorcyclists, one was a colleague. 2 foreigners paid under 1 million baht to make it go away, 1 to wait until the next day for the alcohol test, the other 700k to bribe a cop. The Thais both paid 50k baht and that was the end of it. 

This guy has already given millions of baht in compensation to the family of the dead guy, yet he is still hounded  by people who don't understand the way things happen in Thailand. 

Remember the policeman who killed the British backpacker after being spat at, remember Duangchalerm, who allegedly shot a policeman with 22 eye witnesses, who then fled and returned for no charges to be made and was given a job as a police marksman and a job in the government, remember the Kao Tao fiasco, where the head man's son was wanted and the police chief was fired the next day?

Get over it, no one cares any more about this guy.  

Take 5 stars. thanks for reminding me - why the ....dickens....was I reading this thread ????

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

RTP cannot arrest anyone in Austria!

Only CIA has infrastructure to kidnap a person outside USA and transport to another location without the government knowledge.

Vorayuth is not going to be kidnapped for a motoring charge in Thailand but what are you telling me for?   This is nothing to do with the CIA/US

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Sure he's wanted only by Thailand. Where else should he be?

If a red notice exists, it is as I wrote above. 

If a Red Notice exists police in other countries could detain him if they had an inclination to do so, that's all.   Interpol notices are advices only, they are not instructions or demands neither are they warrants.

• Like 1

A team of legal experts is advising him every step of the way. And if he has second citizenship, fighting extradition can stretch the entire legal drama until it reaches the absolute statute of limitations, effectively barring prosecution. Even if Austrian authorities were to take action, expelling him to Thailand can take years. Appeal after appeal all the way to the country's highest court and eventually the European Court of Human Rights.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Can another subpanel find out how  his thai pasport was extended?

Why bother when he likely has many. 

Maltese, Greek, Nicaraguan, Marshall islands, St. Kitts and Nevis?

Nationalities are easily purchased around the world for investment or strait cash

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

A team of legal experts is advising him every step of the way. And if he has second citizenship, fighting extradition can stretch the entire legal drama until it reaches the absolute statute of limitations, effectively barring prosecution. Even if Austrian authorities were to take action, expelling him to Thailand can take years. Appeal after appeal all the way to the country's highest court and eventually the European Court of Human Rights.   

What is it now, 7 years to go.

before return date.?

TIT.

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If a Red Notice exists police in other countries could detain him if they had an inclination to do so, that's all.   Interpol notices are advices only, they are not instructions or demands neither are they warrants.

Interpol red notices from authoritarian countries are held in suspicion in most democratic countries.

• Like 1

I   get the impression Liverpool Lou  is a fan of Red Bull by his    frowns  on  others comments.   But maybe he just wears a green or brown uniform of a certain country, and is paid a 100 baht per entry.

For his information, Interpol is  merely a secretariat, based in Brussels,  that  acts as an "office" as it were, for  those  International Police Forces that subscribe to it.  They gather , collate and broadcast  to  those participating forces, notices, alerts and information  as to  wanted persons, suspect activities etc.      If a 'red notice" is issued, it  due to a request from the submitting force, advising an arrest warrant has been issued in that country for  a named fugitive, with the request, any other force locating the named person, to arrest and detain that person, whilst  the originating force  then sends officers to the holding country, with the appropriate  documentation, to seek, through the courts there, the extradition of the  wanted persons.  Interpol officers have  no actual powers of arrest, they are merely  collectors and collators, despite lurid stories in the media as to their "supposed" activities,  and no, I didnt  just read about this,  I  participated in  it  in another life.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The House committee on police affairs expects the police to conclude investigation related to the hit-and-run case of Red Bull scion Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya next month as the suspect was believed to be in Austria.

????

On 11/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, webfact said:

Officers told Mr. Sanya Nilsuphan, a Palang Parcharath Party MP, budget restraints had meant that Thai police had been unable to send a team to track the suspect down in Austria.

Budget restraints, oh dear. If only they had a tea money pot.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:35 PM, snoop1130 said:

House Expects Report on Red Bull Scion Case in Dec

New-Project-2021-11-25T170759.710-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 26 (TNA) – The House committee on police affairs expects the police to conclude investigation related to the hit-and-run case of Red Bull scion Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya next month as the suspect was believed to be in Austria.

Sanya Nilsuphan, deputy head of the House committee, said representatives of the Royal Thai Police Office informed the committee today that police wrote to countries in their efforts to locate Mr. Vorayuth. Many countries were cooperative and the Interpol already issued its red notice in relation to the case.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-831876

tnalogo.jpg

We're continuing to stall until the Statute of Limitations run out.