Hotel near Treetown, private taxis, baht bus?

elgenon

Looks like Tree Town is going to expand. Where is a good place (quiet, clean, friendly, breakfast Included or nearby, girl friendly) to stay in the 900-1300baht range ?

Is the baht bus still 10 baht?

What private taxis are operating between BKK and Pats?

I am sending friends and I will follow soon.

Thanks!

• Haha 1

Right now there is prime real estate at the Queen Victoria on Soi 6.  Unlike other hotels they have never shut down during the covid period.   The water, aircon, linens, house keeping, and over all routine maintenance have continued through out.  The restaurant has been opened everyday, so the food has been on a direct rotation for freshness.  The meats haven't been sitting in freezers getting crystallized.   The owner has been revamping the menu and soon will have a 299 thb Sunday Carvery,  yes, you heard that correct.  It is coming perhaps by the end of December,  he has added many items, a breakfast hot dog, chip buddy platter,  Norwegian breakfast,  and more.  They have on going daily specials that have been comparable to others that have been trying to survive.   The Queen Vic actually is the sister company to one of the local meat distributors in Pattaya, so they are getting fresh products without the middle man.  I know everyone will say its not near tree town, but I walk on foot to tree town from soi 6 in 10 minutes, less if you take baht bus, it's unfortunate that one group had a monopoly  on soi 6 and killed the foot traffic. thus people haven't  realized that the gem, and best beds in Pattaya; personal experience and I know they bought quality beds, at the Queen Victoria.   There is no noise or issues on Soi 6 at the moment,  and who knows when the bars will open.  Trust me its not that far from tree town, and it's close to the beach, and you may get a great deal.  I have been to many places in Pattaya during this period,  but always comeback,  because  of the beds, the comfortable rooms, and that the owners are there almost daily, and care about the hotel and food, but mostly they care and see value of the customer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Right now there is prime real estate at the Queen Victoria on Soi 6.  Unlike other hotels they have never shut down during the covid period.   The water, aircon, linens, house keeping, and over all routine maintenance have continued through out.  The restaurant has been opened everyday, so the food has been on a direct rotation for freshness.  The meats haven't been sitting in freezers getting crystallized.   The owner has been revamping the menu and soon will have a 299 thb Sunday Carvery,  yes, you heard that correct.  It is coming perhaps by the end of December,  he has added many items, a breakfast hot dog, chip buddy platter,  Norwegian breakfast,  and more.  They have on going daily specials that have been comparable to others that have been trying to survive.   The Queen Vic actually is the sister company to one of the local meat distributors in Pattaya, so they are getting fresh products without the middle man.  I know everyone will say its not near tree town, but I walk on foot to tree town from soi 6 in 10 minutes, less if you take baht bus, it's unfortunate that one group had a monopoly  on soi 6 and killed the foot traffic. thus people haven't  realized that the gem, and best beds in Pattaya; personal experience and I know they bought quality beds, at the Queen Victoria.   There is no noise or issues on Soi 6 at the moment,  and who knows when the bars will open.  Trust me its not that far from tree town, and it's close to the beach, and you may get a great deal.  I have been to many places in Pattaya during this period,  but always comeback,  because  of the beds, the comfortable rooms, and that the owners are there almost daily, and care about the hotel and food, but mostly they care and see value of the customer. 

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Much appreciated.

Near Treetown up to 1300?

Opey de Place, Sutus Court 2.

Both basic rooms. Like the pool at Opey.

Places that I don't know much about ( ask! )

P Plus (extreme discount 3.5 star, normally stuffed with Chinese tour groups)

LK Metropol

Sunview Place

Golden Sea

Areca Lodge breaks the budget (1490). I stayed there in 2020 for 800(!) Baht.

All hotels within minutes of walking or 2 minute 10 Baht bus.

More to find with the map view on Booking, Agoda etc.

Breakfast often not included.

Breakfast at Areca included, but boring, gone down so much.

But plenty of places for breakfast.

Hungry Hippo for those who need a big plate.

Taxi from airport: Tom Taxi Services, 1000 Baht.

Six rides now without any complaint.

37 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Queen Victoria on Soi 6

The OP asks about close to Treetown?

And sorry to say but Soi 6 is dark and dead as a dodo (for now).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

LK Metropol

Sunview Place

Golden Sea

Breakfast at Areca boring, gone down so much.

Years ago I was told about a place I liked very much off 2nd Road so I am hoping for some good personal info rather than just look at a map. Didn't like Opey de Place but knew friends who did.

Thanks, I will check the others out if you had good experiences with them.

I forgot to say I want to avoid the Chinese yelling, though I did say quiet. My hotel in CM always put the Chinese on the first floor and others higher up.

Off 2nd Rd.?

So many but don't forget only a few places open.

P Plus now no Chinese of course.

Looked VERY quiet from outside.

Chaba Hut bungalow was nice. Others prefer the building.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I always stay at the LK Metropole in Soi Diana, its currently on offer for under 1300bht per night (i've just booked for mid Dec) and is within easy walking distance to TT/LK METRO/Soi Buckow.

I like the hotel for its location and it has underground parking which is essential for me.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

LK Metropol

Sunview Place

Golden Sea

Breakfast at Areca included, but boring, gone down so much.

Many places are dark, but still hap shops open.  A ten min walk to tree town from Soi 6, less by Baht bus, or Taxi.  So though you may be correct that many shops on soi 6 are dark, that doesn't  mean there isn't  life there.  It's a inexpensive   hotel, with quality.   No pest, and it's been maintained  throughout  Covid , and I been here the whole time and I can certainly  tell you that the places in direct proximity to tree town have not been opened or maintained.   Someone should be checking  these dormant hotels that have been stagnant for pest, legionella,  and other things that certainly have invaded while the doors have been closed windows opened and lids not kept closed on roof top water tanks.  I was simply stating if one wanted to stay close to tree town, and still be close to Terminal21, Central Festival,  and Central  Marina,  that theres a little hem on Soi 6 thats been opened and maintained everyday.  But you are correct there are places meters away from tree town, that have recently  opened up, though they haven't  been maintained.  Tree town is the crowded place at the moment, where many vaccinated,  and unvaccinated  gather like a petri dish.  Those vaccinated  aren't  getting booster shots , and here we go with another winter COVID mutation.   So yeah! Sure you should encourage people to roll the dice and head to the most exciting,  and yet most dangerous part of town now. Where the places havent been maintained  in months or even years. Maybe some people  are wanting to look for a olace they feel they want to ho out with a smile on their face, and no oxygen  in their body.

So once again OP I walk passed tree town from soi 6 everyday.  It takes me 10 min, thats close.  A baht bus or taxi even less.  So if you are wanting something within 100 meters there are options, but they havent been maintained.   If you want something  safe and has been maintained and 500 meters radius then soi 6 has a gem.  Its quiet, and its comfortable.   And the price is low...

There is easy direct access to Treetown from 2nd Rd. so many options in your price range including short term rentals in several nearby condos (Base, View Talay) with no Chinese hoards to spoil the party.   Just check Agoda or Booking.com.

Sutus Ct.  has very standard, old style rooms with old furnishings but the location is great and the pool decent.  "Cheap Charlies" next door for basic breakfast, "Irish Rovers" on LK Metro for large serving.

"Acera Lodge" is currently discounting and has nice facilities and an excellent location but make sure not to be stuck into the back annex building...not as nice and a lot of walking.

"Chaba Hut"  Great location and facilities but old style, dark rooms. Said to be offering pretty good discounts.

Last year, I stayed at "The Adelphi/Pattaya" of soi 21 between 3rd rd and Buakhow.  Newer building, Very clean & nice room, good pool on the roof. Very handy to Treetown and the mid-Buakhow area.  Highly recommended,

P.Plus, mentioned by several is very nice and great location but was still shut down last time I checked a few weeks ago.

Edited by dddave

3 minutes ago, dddave said:

P.Plus, mentioned by several is very nice and great location but was still shut down last time I checked a few weeks ago.

P Plus available on Booking.com and Agoda.

And to repeat it: NOW no Chinese tour groups. Very quiet. Which explains the heavy discounts. Starting at less than 500(!) Baht.

7 minutes ago, dddave said:

"Acera Lodge" is currently discounting

To my surprise the very deep prices of last year (800) are gone.

Starting at about 1500 Baht now.

Still cheap compared to the good old times when they could ask for 2500.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

To my surprise the very deep prices of last year (800) are gone.

Starting at about 1500 Baht now.

Still cheap compared to the good old times when they could ask for 2500.

A lot of places seem to be "testing the waters" to see what they can get for December & January bookings.  If they come-up dry, look for prices to drop again mid-December.

On 11/27/2021 at 9:33 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

I always stay at the LK Metropole in Soi Diana, its currently on offer for under 1300bht per night (i've just booked for mid Dec) and is within easy walking distance to TT/LK METRO/Soi Buckow.

I like the hotel for its location and it has underground parking which is essential for me.

I've often walked by there. Good location. Is it quiet and well run? What has been the normal price? Do you book directly with it? Do you need to prepay? Thanks for your help.

On 11/27/2021 at 10:30 PM, dddave said:

There is easy direct access to Treetown from 2nd Rd. so many options in your price range including short term rentals in several nearby condos (Base, View Talay) with no Chinese hoards to spoil the party.   Just check Agoda or Booking.com.

Sutus Ct.  has very standard, old style rooms with old furnishings but the location is great and the pool decent.  "Cheap Charlies" next door for basic breakfast, "Irish Rovers" on LK Metro for large serving.

"Acera Lodge" is currently discounting and has nice facilities and an excellent location but make sure not to be stuck into the back annex building...not as nice and a lot of walking.

"Chaba Hut"  Great location and facilities but old style, dark rooms. Said to be offering pretty good discounts.

Last year, I stayed at "The Adelphi/Pattaya" of soi 21 between 3rd rd and Buakhow.  Newer building, Very clean & nice room, good pool on the roof. Very handy to Treetown and the mid-Buakhow area.  Highly recommended,

Excellent rundown. Thanks. Learned a lot.

On 11/27/2021 at 8:02 PM, WEBBYB808 said:

Thanks for in-depth report

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 9:10 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Off 2nd Rd.?

So many but don't forget only a few places open.

P Plus now no Chinese of course.

Looked VERY quiet from outside.

Chaba Hut bungalow was nice. Others prefer the building.

Thanks so much for your several replies.

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

I've often walked by there. Good location. Is it quiet and well run? What has been the normal price? Do you book directly with it? Do you need to prepay?   Thanks for your help.

In answer to your questions.....

Is it quiet and well run?  - Yes imo

What has been the normal price?  - Price ranges from 800bht - 2500bht according to season.

Do you book directly with it?  - Only once have i booked directly, mostly Agoda quotes the cheapest price by far ime.

Do you need to prepay? - If booking directly with the hotel yes but if booking with Agoda sometimes they will do a deferred payment until a few days before your booking giving you the opportunity to rebook or cancel without loss.

Its somewhat in need of a refurb as its become outdated but wifey and i like the place and the staff have got to know us well and nothing is too much trouble. We've done Areca before but prefer LK Metropole. Hope this helps your decision making.

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

What has been the normal price?  - Price ranges from 800bht - 2500bht according to season.

Do you book directly with it?  - Only once have i booked directly, mostly Agoda quotes the cheapest price by far ime.

Do you need to prepay? - If booking directly with the hotel yes but if booking with Agoda sometimes they will do a deferred payment until a few days before your booking giving you the opportunity to rebook or cancel without loss.

Its somewhat in need of a refurb as its become outdated but wifey and i like the place and the staff have got to know us well and nothing is too much trouble. We've done Areca before but prefer LK Metropole. Hope this helps your decision making.

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Sorry, meant to say I really appreciate your post. So much better to hear actual experiences than see photos on a website.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Sorry, meant to say I really appreciate your post. So much better to hear actual experiences than see photos on a website.

Thanks, the only downside i should have mentioned is if you book other than directly with the hotel you will get a "city view" room which is in effect a "brick wall" view not one overlooking the pool and Soi Diana. It does'nt bother me as we only stay a few nights and spend very little time in the hotel room (standard with balcony) 

4 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks, the only downside i should have mentioned is if you book other than directly with the hotel you will get a "city view" room which is in effect a "brick wall" view not one overlooking the pool and Soi Diana. It does'nt bother me as we only stay a few nights and spend very little time in the hotel room (standard with balcony) 

Thanks for the addition. Maybe the "brick view" is quieter?

On 11/28/2021 at 1:43 PM, dddave said:

A lot of places seem to be "testing the waters" to see what they can get for December & January bookings.  If they come-up dry, look for prices to drop again mid-December.

If they come up dry, their doors my close, for good.