bank requirements for immigration purposes

Hi Everyone
And apologies  if already on forum
Yes, I realise the requirements of the minimum 800k being in the bank for 3 months before an extension and my local Immigration likes to see a small deposit each month and on the day etc .
There is going to be a very happy occasion in mid January 2022 and may need to draw down some funds and yes  my money and this is ok for this purpose.
I am just enquiring at this stage and thank you.
Have sent a message to Kanchanaburi Immigration and think if I have to and no problems
Thanks for any help and appreciate it

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Money in bank requirements (retirement) for extensions are clear.

800k two months prior to day you apply for extension. Then also 800k for next three. 

Then can go down to 400k and back up to 800k for two months prior to following extension.

Small deposit on day of application is standard. Not standard to be required each month. 

Thanks, Dr Jack and enjoy your posts but as they say it depends what office and mine likes to see a small deposit but no problem taking out a large sum for a very happy  event and still have 800k in the bank.

1 minute ago, jwest10 said:

Thanks, Dr Jack and enjoy your posts but as they say it depends what office and mine likes to see a small deposit but no problem taking out a large sum for a very happy  event and still have 800k in the bank.

Your 100% correct. Everyone should become familiar with what cute little items various immigration offices require.

I was more pointing it out so others don't get spooked by not having made small deposit monthly.

I even think there is an office that still maintains the 800k three months prior to application. Funny really.

Good luck with the happy event.

4 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

If you have more than 800k baht in the bank there is no problem to take out the funds that make it more than 800k baht.

You only have to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you apply for the extension and then 400k baht until you top up your account again to 800k baht 2 months before the day you apply.

• Like 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

If you have more than 800k baht in the bank there is no problem to take out the funds that make it more than 800k baht.

You only have to keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you apply for the extension and then 400k baht until you top up your account again to 800k baht 2 months before the day you apply.

Thanks ubonjoe the main man and also enjoy your posts but little things are a little different in some offices lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Thanks ubonjoe the main man and also enjoy your posts but little things are a little different in some offices lol

I was only stating the written requirements. If you tried applying a different office you could have a problem.

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Deposit or withdrawal, I guess. Right?

It's just to have your bank book updated on the day of application.

Yes can be either, deposit or withdrawal.

Slightly different to just update.

Yes the deposit/withdrawal does update but in addition some offices actually want to see "activity on the day of application".

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your 100% correct. Everyone should become familiar with what cute little items various immigration offices require.

I was more pointing it out so others don't get spooked by not having made small deposit monthly.

I even think there is an office that still maintains the 800k three months prior to application. Funny really.

Good luck with the happy event.

Thanks so much and yes as I stated have always kept this in and do not usually touch it but LOL stated to my wonderful wife very early with my coffee and yes stating no problem and might draw down from my UK bank but  just asking this question to my local immigration office and not had a reply.
I can see why and did promise would contribute, of course a while ago but can see what she was thinking and might as well use it and yes reminded her about 800k;
Indeed I suppose for all of us a bit of security for our loved ones and when we pass but that is another topic ie those coming out of woodwork to claim.
Just hope the ATM care in date and then draw it down lol

8 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

......as I stated have always kept this in and do not usually touch it but LOL stated to my wonderful wife .....

I notice that you mention wife.

Clearly not Thai lady? As you would be aware the financials for extensions based on marriage much more easy than retirement.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I notice that you mention wife.

Clearly not Thai lady? As you would be aware the financials for extensions based on marriage much more easy than retirement.

Well we did do this before and much more paperwork but the bank stated and a few years ago when the application sent down to Bangkok and one of the then local staff stated it was only in your name on but just a noteabout my wife's name
So we had to revert to local office and did state have to start again from scratch but managed to revert to retirement extension
2 Days before extending oh the account in joint names and yes aware of it mate and again thanks.
Have had no other complaints and very friendly and efficient.
Yes they all have slightly differing policies and just pointing this out and again the misunderstandings.

Edited by jwest10

7 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Best to put more than 800,000 baht in, say 825,000 baht in case of a mistake. Some people have come a cropper putting in exactly 800,000 baht.

That's good advice and most would do that.

My post above was checking that the OP was aware of marriage requirements being far more simple ...,.

...you gave a sad emoji.

I don't follow. 

For marriage he could have 400k in bank for 2 months + under consideration period then use it.

True that given paperwork some married  folk choose to opt for retirement option.

Not a lot sad about me pointing it out to op.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That's good advice and most would do that.

My post above was checking that the OP was aware of marriage requirements being far more simple ...,.

...you gave a sad emoji.

I don't follow. 

For marriage he could have 400k in bank for 2 months + under consideration period then use it.

True that given paperwork some married  folk choose to opt for retirement option.

Not a lot sad about me pointing it out to op.

The spouse visa requirement's are more complicated, there is a one month delay for being under consideration, two visits to Immigration are required and if the wife passes away, a change of visa extension is required. 

Another tip for the Op is to apply for his yellow book and Thai ID card which will make proving his address more easy.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

The spouse visa requirement's are more complicated, there is a one month delay for being under consideration, two visits to Immigration are required and if the wife passes away, a change of visa extension is required. 

The 2nd visit to immigration does not take long. Just long enough for them to find the approval and do the extension stamp in your passport. Your wife can take your passport to immigration to get the stamp.

If you wife passes away your extension will remain valid until it expires.

I am on my 14th extension based upon marriage and can say it is not all that difficult.

• Like 2