Gunman shoots "farmer" multiple times after stopping pick-up in Kanchanaburi

webfact

5p.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Lt-Col Sukhon Rat-iam of the Muang Kanchanaburi police was alerted after a fatal shooting in the parking lot of a business area called Wang Saraphee Plaza in Pak Phraek sub-district of Kanchanaburi, western Thailand, at 7.45 am yesterday.

Amphol Yungthong, 27 from Srithep, Phetchabun in the north east, was dressed in a black shirt and jeans and was dead in a pool of blood from nine gunshot wounds.

He was shot in the front and back, left and right, body and head. He was found near the rear of an MG car with his flip-flops two meters from the body.

Eleven 9mm casings were found - two shots had hit a metal door of a nearby business premises. 

Nearby a woman had fainted. She had some blood stains on her clothes. 

This was Rojana, 50, from Muang Kanchanaburi who managed to say to reporters that the victim was a farmer from Petchabun before she passed out again and was whisked off to the Muang Kanchanaburi police station to recover and undergo further questioning. 

Thai Rath reporters found an abandoned white Isuzu pickup 150 meters away at an intersection. Police surrounded it with cones as traffic built up.

There were four bags of sticky rice in the rear.

A garland seller at the scene said that he had seen the shooter - a tall fair skinned guy in a helmet - park his Honda Wave bike in front of the pickup and start arguing with the woman driver who wouldn't open the door.

Then the male passenger fled towards the parking lot nearby.

At this point the shooter gave chase on his motorcycle and proceeded to shoot him many times. 

Rojana and the victim were on their way to hospital get second Covid-19 jabs - the dead man was taken to the same hospital for an autopsy.

Meanwhile police continued to interview Rojana. 

They said that she knows the assailant and they expect an arrest imminently. 

Visa-compliant insurance plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-30

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Why did we need to know what clothes he was wearing and how many bags of sticky rice were in the Pick-Up ?   Is this the kind of information the country's finest think is releveant to a cold blooded Murder investigation ?    The mind boggles !

Yes, I can't begin to think what cause of death will be found at the autopsy......

Pedants mocking a man's murder report yet again. Yes the reporting was sub-standard but why can't you simply pass on the subject if the reporting isn't to your taste, or offer condolences?
So many (I'll delete it myself) on this forum.
Respects to the deceased and family who are affected by his death.

17 hours ago, Lopchan said:

Pedants mocking a man's murder report yet again. Yes the reporting was sub-standard but why can't you simply pass on the subject if the reporting isn't to your taste, or offer condolences?
So many (I'll delete it myself) on this forum.
Respects to the deceased and family who are affected by his death.

probably involved drugs or money ......