Isuzu Mux 2022 vs wait a little

ilikethai

Ok I know I've asked few months before and others have asked as well.  Isuzu mux 3.0 4x4 seems like a perfect suv for me and my needs but should I just wait a little about 6 months and see what other brands will come out with?  I know Mitsubishi and Nissan and Ford about to release their next generation SUV in Thailand.  What's missing from Mux for me is that 360 camera which I car about ????or I can just add one on later

Edited by ilikethai

The design is striking solidly built and for sure won't be boring and tired looking into the future. I'll be my first SUV.  I was debating between a truck and an SUV.  I have lands to roam and maintain but after a long thought it's like how many times per year will I be hauling and towing stuff from my lands or from Homepro stores.  Nowadays stores deliver for almost free. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, seedy said:

Which it has - along with coils at all 4 corners

Mazda and CRV are smaller - maybe the OP wants/needs the size

Coil springs simply substituting leaf springs but still crudely affixed to a ladder chassis are no match for the fully IRS on proper SUVs as a ride in them would attest.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

In 2/3 years electric will still have a significant price premium. Especially in countries like Thailand diesel will be widely used for 15 years plus . You think the average Thai can afford to ditch his truck for expensive  electric ? It would be uneconomic political suicide for governments in developing countries to Jack up diesel prices when there’ll still be millions of them on the road. Fantasy land !

The recent strike and demonstration by HGV drivers urging the Government to support a diesel price below 30 baht/litre (which was the constant price 10-15 years ago!) suggests you are right.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ilikethai said:

Well I have decided to go with Isuzu Mux but I'm still confused to why Australia version gets rear diff lock but the Thailand version doesn't have rear diff lock

Most all Thai spec trucks are missing a lot of things taken for granted on vehicles made for other markets.

Sure you will like it - good luck

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ilikethai said:

Well I have decided to go with Isuzu Mux but I'm still confused to why Australia version gets rear diff lock but the Thailand version doesn't have rear diff lock

You can buy my one, nearly one year old, and 9500 km.

3 ltr diesel and 4 wheel drive.

4x4 3.0 Ddi Ultimate A/T,

1.611.000 thb new.

• Thanks 1

Gals and guys I just put in an order after watching many YouTube Mux videos testing out off road.  I'm stunned and amazed on it's off road capabilities.  So in reality I don't need diff lock. The Mux comes with Rough Terrain Mode and it's more than enough.  One reviewer was saying its almost as good as diff lock but less maintenance and worries compare to diff lock and it's all about the driver's skill. Link.

Edited by ilikethai
  • Like 1

I just ordered a new Isuzu mux ultimate, as it is time to replace the 2005 fortuner, which only has 80k kilometers on it. That is due to working rotation abroad. 

I looked at the top spec fortuner, way over priced and the dealer attitude sucked. 

So I think you made a good choice. 

Anyone looking for a very sound used 4wd petrol fortuner in the pattaya area, it will be available in February. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, Casesrisingpanic said:

I just ordered a new Isuzu mux ultimate, as it is time to replace the 2005 fortuner, which only has 80k kilometers on it. That is due to working rotation abroad. 

I looked at the top spec fortuner, way over priced and the dealer attitude sucked. 

Anyone looking for a very sound used 4wd petrol fortuner in the pattaya area, it will be available in February. 

I'm happy for you.  Then there's my friend who wants me to go with Fortuner but it's nice and quality (that goes with the Japanese brands) but I really like this Isuzu Rough Terrain mode vs Toyota's diff lock.  I'll be ????

On 12/2/2021 at 10:16 PM, Casesrisingpanic said:

Elegant vs Ultimate - Were you able to see both at dealer or did you just order the top one. The Ultimate has all the latest safety braking technology which I'm not sure I'd like. Also rims are different.

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Elegant vs Ultimate - Were you able to see both at dealer or did you just order the top one. The Ultimate has all the latest safety braking technology which I'm not sure I'd like. Also rims are different.

I went all the way.  I tested both of them out at a dealer and from neighbor and I concluded that ADAS safety tech do help!  And the Rough Terrain Mode wow it made me forgot about my rusty second hand mod Fortuner diff lock.  I also heard about the backseat AC condensation where it would drip down from the ceiling blike a leak.  It was a very very bad fix where they left the fan blower open without a cover.  Here's a link https://youtu.be/aBt1I6IEgbo

Also watch part 2 from the same channel.

3 minutes ago, ilikethai said:

I went all the way.  I tested both of them out at a dealer and from neighbor and I concluded that ADAS safety tech do help!  And the Rough Terrain Mode wow it made me forgot about my rusty second hand mod Fortuner diff lock.  I also heard about the backseat AC condensation where it would drip down from the ceiling blike a leak.  It was a very very bad fix where they left the fan blower open without a cover.  Here's a link https://youtu.be/aBt1I6IEgbo

Also watch part 2 from the same channel.

Does test mean test drive each one?

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yes I went to both showrooms. 

The attitude of the Toyota dealer sucked, plus the top spec fortuner is 1.9..

You can turn off some of the safety features on the mux. They threw in a full set of the top end floor and cargo liners. 

I will probably buy a set of black rims, as the ones that they offer are 112k baht. 

This will be the last new vehicle for me... 

• Like 1

The well known MuX rear air conditioner condensing within the liners causing damp lining seem to be a problem still, factory issued fix at the dealer is to block the air intake that cause humid air to enter. strange that previous generations Mu x never had this problem

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

The well known MuX rear air conditioner condensing within the liners causing damp lining seem to be a problem still, factory issued fix at the dealer is to block the air intake that cause humid air to enter. strange that previous generations Mu x never had this problem

I just called my sales and was told my Mux will be from the factory, not fixed at the dealer.  I'm gonna go to see and open up the AC unit at the back and confirm if they really did fix something up good or a temporary fix.  Anybody able to confirm with photos? 

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Does test mean test drive each one?

Yes.  3.0 4x4 engine is worth every baht because I like to drive around the country and camping.  3.0 4x2 is a bad choice.  1.9 engine you'll regret it unless you're just going to Lotus and back home, shopping here and there.  Those are my opinions. Look up Thai YouTubers testing out the 3.0 4x4.