Vaccination pace picks up as government aims to meet 100 million dose target

snoop1130

f3210070c14a6e3bf8a04c7ea517bc96_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The ‘week of vaccination’ is now counting down towards its final day on December 5, and efforts to administer COVID-19 vaccines to those who are have yet to receive any shots are now in high gear. The aim is for 100 million doses of vaccine to be administered in total by year’s end.

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha is calling on unvaccinated people, regardless of nationality, to receive a COVID-19 vaccine shot without charge at vaccination sites and mobile vaccination units. The premier explained that public health offices in every province are engaged in a drive to administer vaccines during the ‘week of vaccination’ from November 27 to December 5 in order for the 100 million doses target to be met. Incentives such as prize draws, rice handouts and complimentary items from shopping centers are being provided in some provinces to encourage people to come forth for vaccination.

Gen. Prayut said the government is procuring 120 million doses of vaccine for next year, to be administered as booster shots.

Addressing concerns about vaccine side effects, including alleged hair loss, Prime Minister’s Office deputy spokesperson Ratchada Thanadirek elaborated that cases of undesirable effects from the COVID-19 vaccine will be addressed by the National Health Security Office. Petitions may be submitted to a local NHSO subcommittee, which will vet each case and determine the amount of assistance fund to be provided. Cases of death or permanent disability are eligible for a maximum of 400,000 baht in aid, while claims for non-disabling injuries or illnesses are capped at 100,000 baht.

nnt.jpg

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Well you could say that's equal to 50 million double dosed...

Leaving 20 million-plus un-vaccinated?

I'm not sure all can be vaccinated? Right??  Not to mention, I know many who've been tripple jabbed.  Many.

• Like 1

where is the information about mobile vaccine units - currently i live in sattahip and i need to travel to pattaya - round trip about 3 hrs and then at festival hall wait possible 2 to 3 hours for a jab in a room full of farang that is a potential super spreader - easy to understand why i am not rushing to register - if you want people to get vaccinated make it safe and convenient - at this moment in time it is neither safe or convenient and you will need 2 jabs and a booster - i have a headache just thinking about the process and then it is likely to only be 70% efficient

Sell the vaccine Thailand like the bar girls sell themselves and then you will get takers

14 hours ago, island coconut said:

Now, would the govt. PLEASE make vaccinations mandatory for ALL new arrivals as well as for ANY and ALL visa extensions for those already here?

And deport/ jail/ give 7 days to those who are not vaccinated?