And The Award For Worst Value Meal In Pattaya Goes To....

Weho

The frozen T Bone steaks in foodland are gorgeous, a decent sized one for about 100 bt. i recently had to stay in hospital and when i got home somebody made me one, i licked the bone clean - it was lovely.

considering foodland is not the cheapest for food in pattaya then you have made my point for me, why should you pay 500baht for the same in a resturant, that's a 5X mark up, I do buy meat in foodland and also Carrfor, the local stuff is fine.

and for those that buy imported beef and lamb etc fair enough, personally I like the local produce and that's what you get in most resturants whether they claim it is imported or not, rule of thumb is that places where Thais don't eat are elevated, placess where mostly thais eat are priced correctly, I'm glad they don't have dual pricing

I believe there are two economies here in Pattaya, Thai and Falang, Thais would very rarely eat or shop in Falang type places unless a lady with falang hubby or BF, if you as a falang can eat and shop in Thai places then you will find things very very cheap.

Ive never seen a family of thais in the pig and whistle ,.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-1539-1181222223_thumb.jpg

I see I'm not the only one who was amazed at the price of that beef.

The piece you photographed is due to expire today. Who buys this frozen meat at US$300 per kilo?

They started selling it around November last year. I'm surprised they are still at it.

I know this is a Pattaya based grumble WeHo, but allow me this.

If you want to feel as if you have been kicked in the wallet by a gang of bikers just go to Tony Romas on the corner of soi 5 Bangkok.

I thouight the waiter had forgotton half of my order when it arrived. A half chicken that looked as if they had strved it to death and a miserly half a corn cob.

Then the bill came followed by six bikers to kick my wallet to death.

Now you know why you don't se pigeons over here?

post-1539-1181222223_thumb.jpg

I see I'm not the only one who was amazed at the price of that beef.

The piece you photographed is due to expire today. Who buys this frozen meat at US$300 per kilo?

They started selling it around November last year. I'm surprised they are still at it.

No problem. Its frozen. OK to change date. And raise price again.

Who buys this stuff?

I know this is a Pattaya based grumble WeHo, but allow me this.

If you want to feel as if you have been kicked in the wallet by a gang of bikers just go to Tony Romas on the corner of soi 5 Bangkok.

I thouight the waiter had forgotton half of my order when it arrived. A half chicken that looked as if they had strved it to death and a miserly half a corn cob.

Then the bill came followed by six bikers to kick my wallet to death.

Stay at the Amari Boulevard quite frequently - often go to Tony Rome's, early in the evening when I can manage the stairs.

Always have the ribs, coz that's what the place is about.

Full rack, plus a bottle of wine - good way to start the evening.

No complaints - much better than Sizzler's ribs, and not any more expensive - gram for gram.

The worst value in Jomtien is Deanos now Ive known him for a few years hes a nice guy but as my Mrs says he certainly wants every penny back hes invested, i havnt bin to los for nearly 2 years so its that long since ive seen him so i went there a couple of times when i got to Patters.

firstly his mrs Lek gave me a orange juice for my lad free, then i was charged for it, ok so anyone can make a mistake so i thought.

anyways me and the wife are sitting there a few nights later and they always give ya a few olives in a small glass, well i asked if we could have some more not realising they would charge me 60 Bhat for them. i was going to eat there to support him but in my opinion thats just taking the piss especially when everything there is top dollar anyway, eg: a small caraff of wine is 130 Bhat a small hiniken is 90 Bhat. Im sorry Deano mate but this is still Thailand not london. havnt had the chance to speak with him yet but i can assure you when i do ill let him knoe how i feel in no uncertain terms,

Luvley jubley = very nice indeed

We have two different spellings of both of those words... can someone verify the correct spelling for me, please... and was is the derivation of the expression.... i'm guessing British/U.K. Can anyone shed some more "light" on this gripping question?

luvly jubbly

easy squeezy

Okey dokey

The phrases meanings are derived only from the first word of the pairing, or could be interpreted as slightly better than the simple meaning of the first word.

The reason I mentioned KFC is because one simply has to remove ALL of the skin on the chicken, or you may as well check into intensive care at a hospital, at once, in the cardiac ward. By the time you remove the skin, with all the taste gone too, it's just chicken meat. But the MAIN reason I have a problem with KFC is because at any price, they don't offer ANYTHING close to reasonably healthy. McDonalds's at least has a side shaker salad, not too bad, if you go "easy" on the dressing... VERY easy, that is... but KFC has NOTHING... there is some little salad, but it's all mayonaisey... another heart attack in the making. KFC fries are always greasy and just yucky to me. And whatever you do, (trust me on this)... NEVER eat those chicken nuggets ANYWHERE... if you want me to tell you how they are made, just ask... Way off the mark........ Quite apart from the long-term consequences of a prolonged processed/fast-food diet, there are countless well documented cases of people getting sick from fast food outlets...including McD's and KFC.

I don't like to use personal one-off examples to make a point, but in this case I'll make an exception....

Whilst I was staying on Samui a few years back in Chaweng, I made friends with 2 other travelers. We ended up eating out Thai food together every evening for over a week. On the girl's last night I arrived back at the hotel later than usual and asked where we were going to eat. They looked a bit sheepish and told me they had already eaten at McD's. They pointed out that they knew I wouldn't want to eat there after my dismissive comments the last time they suggested it.

Well the girl took three days to get back to England (In toilets and sick-bay at Rome) and the guy was confined to his room for three days....the only place they had eaten that I hadn't was McD's....

Just because they are popular does NOT mean they are good.

Hitler was voted into power and millions of people smoke cigarettes, but you would applaud either of those.

McD's and their like just go to show that you can fool most of the people most of the time

I don't like to use personal one-off examples to make a point, but in this case I'll make an exception....

Whilst I was staying on Samui a few years back in Chaweng, I made friends with 2 other travelers. We ended up eating out Thai food together every evening for over a week. On the girl's last night I arrived back at the hotel later than usual and asked where we were going to eat. They looked a bit sheepish and told me they had already eaten at McD's. They pointed out that they knew I wouldn't want to eat there after my dismissive comments the last time they suggested it.

Well the girl took three days to get back to England (In toilets and sick-bay at Rome) and the guy was confined to his room for three days....the only place they had eaten that I hadn't was McD's....

Big deal. I have eaten THOUSANDS of meals in fast food outlets and never gotten ill.

I have gotten the shits numerous times from eating Thai food and food poisoning several times as well.

Your example is absurd. :o

Big deal. I have eaten THOUSANDS of meals in fast food outlets and never gotten ill.

I have gotten the shits numerous times from eating Thai food and food poisoning several times as well.

Your example is absurd. :o

I'd definitely take my chances at McDonalds over a road side food stand if I wish to stay safe from food poisoning.

The frozen T Bone steaks in foodland are gorgeous, a decent sized one for about 100 bt. i recently had to stay in hospital and when i got home somebody made me one, i licked the bone clean - it was lovely.

Yes, Foodland's beef is good... even the Thai beef is pretty good, but their imported stuff is EXTRA good, and worth the extra price.

They have good lean hamburger meat there too, not too expensive... my dogs LOVE it, in moderation.

Foodland has great fish too... the salmon fillet is a bit expensive... now you're making me hungry.

I often eat at Took Lae Dee Restaurant inside Foodland. Did you know that you can buy any meat or vegetables in the supermarket and have them cook it for you in the restaurant.

I often go into the supermarket and grab a few heads of broccoli and/or cauliflower and have them stir fry it in oyster sauce. They charge 64 baht to cook it and do a very tasty job.

I've seen a guy take chicken breasts there and have them cook them up with noodles in some tasty looking Thai Style dish. Soon I'm going to grab a good steak and see what they can do with it.....there are some good cooks in there....and it makes for very good value.

I often eat at Took Lae Dee Restaurant inside Foodland. Did you know that you can buy any meat or vegetables in the supermarket and have them cook it for you in the restaurant.

You can also buy beer & drink it on the premises.... :o:D

Soundman.

“Big deal. I have eaten THOUSANDS of meals in fast food outlets” -

I bet you have!

“……..and never gotten ill.

I have gotten the shits numerous times from eating Thai food and food poisoning several times as well.” - sure that wasn't over imbibing?

Unfortunately many people don't understand the first thing about food poisoning and how or where they get it. The time it takes to take effect can be hours or days. But many people just blame the last thing they eat or the meal they most WANT to blame.

As I said I don't rely on personal experience I prefer a more empirical approach, but the circumstances leave little room for an alternative explanation….you see, they are backed up by some thought….just saying you got food poisoning from something is not convincing unless there is some provenance.

Your example is absurd. :o - as ever an unexplained allegation, what is absurd about it.

You keep making the strangest comments………..it would help instead of making “nape-of-the-neck” assertions you backed your arguments up with some kind of reasoning.

It would also seem that you haven’t a clue what politically correct means. You are just bandying words about unsuccessfully trying to give weight to an irrational prejudice.

Edited by wilko

'wilko' date='2007-06-11 15:04:51' post='1354625']As I said I don't rely on personal experience I prefer a more empirical approach
'wilko' date='2007-06-11 15:04:51' post='1354625']I don't like to use personal one-off examples to make a point, but in this case I'll make an exception....

Blah, blah, blah.

Guess who is completely full of sh*t? :o