Were you happy with your choice of Thailand Pass or SHA hotel?

Scouse123

14 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Ah,

I had a limousine to myself with Landmark hotel included.

My PCR test was done like a drive thru at Bumrungrad hospital through the window of my limousine and on to the hotel we went.

I've had my eye on the Landmark since the days of ASQ. Thanks for the info.

I usually decant at the airport Novotel on arrival (after 18 hours travel) to use the gym and swim. Then get a good meal in the room and a great breakfast buffet before traveling on the next morning. I doubt you'd be able to use the gym before a negative test is returned though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BusyB said:

I've had my eye on the Landmark since the days of ASQ. Thanks for the info.

I usually decant at the airport Novotel on arrival (after 18 hours travel) to use the gym and swim. Then get a good meal in the room and a great breakfast buffet before traveling on the next morning. I doubt you'd be able to use the gym before a negative test is returned though.

Yeah, they expect you to stay in your rooms until the negative test but there are no checks and it's on basically an ," honor system "

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I have used Amara hotel once - very nice, about 52K

I have used Cirus suites ( executive suite ) 3 times - even better, full on 65sqm apt, washing machine kitchen etc, good wifi, good food, lovely staff.

Still absolute torture for 2 weeks tho!

I don't think it is something I would do for two weeks!

It would probably drive me nuts.

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I have used Amara hotel once - very nice, about 52K

I have used Cirus suites ( executive suite ) 3 times - even better, full on 65sqm apt, washing machine kitchen etc, good wifi, good food, lovely staff.

Still absolute torture for 2 weeks tho!

So which would you favour for a 24 hr stay?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

Basically for 3900 baht. Everyone tests negative!

Hint: It's Scamland. Your PNR is fake!

Then email you a fake test and pocket the money. The are the gate keeper.

I wouldn't like to believe that and there are a lot of respectable hospitals signed up to this programme and respected doctors signing them off.

No, I think your cynicism is misplaced.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If it's only 24 hours i'd take the cheapest one they have.

Which is OK but what if you test positive and you are stuck in a sh#thole of a hotel for 10 days?

9 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I wouldn't like to believe that and there are a lot of respectable hospitals signed up to this programme and respected doctors signing them off.

Which is OK but what if you test positive and you are stuck in a sh#thole of a hotel for 10 days?

You would be so lucky........ i belive you'd be carted off to an even bigger sh#thole of a field hospital....yuk

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Don’t they cart you off to a hospital ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mr336 said:

Yes understand all the requirements for the Thai Pass. Just couldn't find any info on ok travel to P town for the test/hotel stay. Big thanks

Best to read all the fine print in case it says no refund for cancellation. I didn't.

I recommend Citrus Pattaya for honest dealing and promptness.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Don’t they cart you off to a hospital ?

I thought that was only if you were displaying symptoms?, if not you had to pay the additional hotel quarantine for whatever 10 or 14 days.

Which is bad news if you are in a poor quality hotel or a very expensive one because you thought you were only there for one night.

1 hour ago, huyuli said:

Best to read all the fine print in case it says no refund for cancellation. I didn't.

I recommend Citrus Pattaya for honest dealing and promptness.

Very good point.

In Bangkok, that was another reason why I chose Landmark hotel for their refund policy and allowing change of dates.

12 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Ya good deal for everyone to get the fake test.  Keep in mind Thai's are desperate, the ASQ i stayed at seem sketchy, The test result came from the Hotels front desk, the test was done by someone at the front of the hotel when we arrived, i googled the private hospital and found they charge 3500 baht for the test. Who would know if the test was fake? The hotel is gate keeper, so if you run away they would report you maybe. They had my money through wise.com so no way to get  a refund.

An extra 2000 baht if too hard to resist. They are only human.

Edited by Don Chance

My son and family recently flew from Vancouver to New York.  All four of them (all vaccinated) had a 72-hour test before flying.  (Cost 4 x $300).

At the airport (YVR) no one asked to see the positive test result.  In other words, this whole testing system (no matter which country you are in) is a hideous scam.

And you are a prisoner of the system, since no one can take the risk of assuming that they will not be asked for their negative "proof."