Deputy PM pledges tighter measures and law enforcement action to solve annual air pollution issues in Thailand

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Thailand said:

Er, stop the burning perhaps?

Well yes, but just a moment please we need to have a committee and an investigation to find the cause first. Then that committee will collapse and another committee needed.

Never mind, we'll all be dead before any result...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan ordered the Center for Air Pollution Mitigation (CAPM) to push a plan for a PM(Particulate Matter)2.5 dust particle solution as a national agenda and use law enforcement against potential major sources of the dust.

More talk and no action...

Order governors to stamp it out, or get out of office.

This could be stopped overnight if they wanted to.

• Like 1

As we crossed the water on the Ferry to Koh Chang  i saw a thick Yellowy colour   Smog  looking out to Sea,    I  mentioned this to the Hotel owner on the     Island who said  ..." its morning  Mist "  lol  .....What  at 2pm .....

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

More talk and no action...

Order governors to stamp it out, or get out of office.

This could be stopped overnight if they wanted to.

Public executions could be effective: of (1) incompetent & lazy officials at all levels, and (2) the burners (mostly farmers/peasants). Nothing like a lineup at dawn to produce results.

• Like 2

They trot this rubbish out every year but do sweet bog all to prevent it, so the locals and expats just carry on as normal, someone I know has a fire a few times a week, I've told him not to but he doesn't listen, one day someone will decide they've had enough of the farang having a fire in his garden and dob him in.

49 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I had a neighbor in CM, would rake together all the leaves and stuff in the garden every afternoon and then burn it, even if the air quality was already abysmal. And not burning like going up in flames and it’s gone in 5 minutes, but just smoldering and producing lots of smoke for hours on end. I could see fires like that all over the neighborhood every afternoon. 
I came to the conclusion that Thais, especially up north, just love to burn stuff. 

Yep, as I drive the kids to school every morning leaving at 7.15am, the air is filled with smoke and driving through the village is like eerie and smoke effects me at the best of times, so windows are up until I hit the main road and the open fields make it look a little, just a little better and then I put two windows slightly down to get some air in as I am not into A/C unless really hot, and not long after I put those two windows slightly down, I have to put them up as my throat feels as if it has been coated with something and I start to cough.

Sad really, but part and parcel of living somewhere else.