Deputy PM pledges tighter measures and law enforcement action to solve annual air pollution issues in Thailand

snoop1130

15 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As if the smoke wasn't bad enough in our village this morning when I looked out of the window, then I couldn't believe what I was seeing, a neighbour two doors up burning a heap of leaves and whatever else was on that pile, smoke billowing into the sky.

Guess he just can't get enough of it, stupid dumb fk.

Normal daily behaviour from 'The Netizens'.   Yesterday on my daily Bike Ride through the Villages i counted 16 fires burning or still smouldering from the night before; they don't 'get it' and even those that do don't care one iota !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Normal daily behaviour from 'The Netizens'.   Yesterday on my daily Bike Ride through the Villages i counted 16 fires burning or still smouldering from the night before; they don't 'get it' and even those that do don't care one iota !

I stopped riding a week ago as I can't handle the smoke, so it's indoor training, treadmill, stationary bike and some light weights, but love the bike outdoors, so relaxing on the mind, but guess that is going to have to wait 6 months or so ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Do they perhaps not have regular trash collection and burning becomes the only option?

Get on with it and issue a decree that if the pollution level goes above Xppm, the air is pursued with the full force of the law and be charged with deliberately harming Thai people. 

It's probably dirty foreign air anyway....

11 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

So, is he going to take Burma, Laos, Cambodia and Indonesia to International courts????

China, I would contend, is a major (and growing) contributor to the issue. Check any air current / aqi site like aqair, and see the prevailing winter winds blowing all that coal residue south each year. It seeems not a coincidence all the aqi readings from Harbin south to Bkk rise each winter, and the Chinese heavy use of coal is a big factor, imo. No one dares mention it thou, for fear of riling the pooh bear and company. On top of that, they are adding an annual amount of coal burning capacity equal to the entire rest of the worlds current burning rate - every year for the forseeable future...this I read so of course it could be all wrong, nothing seems to be able to be taken at face value anymore. But I have had the experience of travelling thru China's interior in a freezing January, and the pall of smoke from coal burning was almost incomprehensible, and that was 2002!

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:29 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I stopped riding a week ago as I can't handle the smoke, so it's indoor training, treadmill, stationary bike and some light weights, but love the bike outdoors, so relaxing on the mind, but guess that is going to have to wait 6 months or so ????

When i lived there I cannot count how many times it was actually hazardous to your health to exercise outdoors... uggg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, garyk said:

When i lived there I cannot count how many times it was actually hazardous to your health to exercise outdoors... uggg

There are certain times of the year that I exercise outdoors and certain times I exercise indoors, it's just a matter of finding the balance, that said, I am in rural Thailand, so if I was for example in the big smoke, it would have to be indoors, but being in the country, I remain focused and look forward to the days that I can ride the bike for that hour taking in that fresh air, the scenery and the bugs, small snakes crossing the road, and the Soi dogs that want to have a go ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1