Beijing Olympics

Emeraldisle

Seems a bit of a daft question really , considering the demand from Thailand for Chinese tourists and the property market wanting to flog them properties.

As for winter olympic athletes, does Thailand even have competitors in winter sports - John Candy is dead so he cannot help with the bob sleigh team,

As for Chinese tourists, I was in Phuket recently and saw no Chinese tourists.   Xi Jin is not allowing anybody out of China now.  When the Chinese economy goes up in smoke there will not be many Chinese with money to invest in Thailand or anywhere else.  Thank the Lord.

7 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

"many other countries " 

What you call many and what I call many ain't the same many . . . . 

7 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

"many other countries " 

What you call many and what I call many ain't the same many . . . . 

Oh dear. Have I upset another sad farang. lol

@Emeraldisle : Please provide a list with countries that boycott the Olympics 2022... so far, I don't know of any country, the US not sending any diplomats is not a boycott. Lithuania might not go to the Olympics, but that is less of a boycott by them but due to the fact that China scratched them of the customs data base as if the country would not exist anymore.
All other countries, there is just lots of talks but no action, as they know exactly, what the economic hammer in the hand of China could do to their economy.

And as for sports bodies... the IOC is so corrupt, they would rather sanction countries that boycott than China itself. Money talks and the more money, the more bootlickers from the IOC will enjoy the perks that China will give them.

3 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

@Emeraldisle : Please provide a list with countries that boycott the Olympics 2022... so far, I don't know of any country, the US not sending any diplomats is not a boycott. Lithuania might not go to the Olympics, but that is less of a boycott by them but due to the fact that China scratched them of the customs data base as if the country would not exist anymore.
All other countries, there is just lots of talks but no action, as they know exactly, what the economic hammer in the hand of China could do to their economy.

And as for sports bodies... the IOC is so corrupt, they would rather sanction countries that boycott than China itself. Money talks and the more money, the more bootlickers from the IOC will enjoy the perks that China will give them.

36 minutes ago, Emeraldisle said:

Oh dear. Have I upset another sad farang. lol

Oh dear... have I upset an American who just realized that America is not "many" but only one... and becoming increasingly more irrelevant?