Booster Jab

lelapin

Jack I'm in a similar position with heart issues. I had 2 Pfizer jabs in UK and want a booster in Thailand now. I prefer a 3rd Pfizer but a 50% Moderna will do. 

I'm not sure why you think Mrna is not OK for you but to get the 50%

dose is important . . . . but Pfizer is a better choice IMO.

Here's a report from a Friend in Korat - "I had my third jab at Central last Tuesday. I had my second, Astra, in August. My wife and I walked in around midday. I showed the certificate from my previous jabs and my passport at the registration desk. In the vaccination hall I was offered Astra or Pfizer, I chose Pfizer. A fairly simple and efficient process."

So it seems 3rd jabs are already being freely given to Falang in Thailand. Meantime give the Disco's a miss ????  Good luck !

Edited by TorquayFan
New data and tidy up.

12 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Many expatriates have advance purchased a Moderna booster vaccination at Bumrungrad with the expectation it will be available in the first quarter of 2022.If you ring the hospital to inquire on latest news, it's almost comical how little information is available.Dare I say it but the emphasis seems to be on calming anxious inquirers down rather than conveying information,

BKK Hospital BKK is up and running with Moderna Booster jabs purchased through shopee app. ( print and bring your Moderna coupon ID ) I rebooked my Moderna jab from Feb. 28 to Dec. 28 with the new 3-6 month wait protocol....

On 12/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, Jingthing said:

I'm skeptical of that. Do you have a link? All I'm reading says wait 6 months after the second AZ jab if you got two AZ jabs and that its a much reduced benefit if you don't. Many in Thailand got Sino then AZ so it might be different for them.

Also why not a Pfizer booster after two AZ? I think thats more standard internationally than Moderna.

You can also boost two AZ with a third AZ but mixing with an mRNA is probably 

I'm sceptical of all of it to be honest. 

Edited by roo860

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

BKK Hospital BKK is up and running with Moderna Booster jabs purchased through shopee app. ( print and bring your Moderna coupon ID ) I rebooked my Moderna jab from Feb. 28 to Dec. 28 with the new 3-6 month wait protocol....

What is your previous vaccination history?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

What is your previous vaccination history?

2 X AstraZeneca, it will be 97 days from 2nd AZ, I have an international flight March 2 another reason I rebooked Moderna earlier. My doctor gave me an 'ok' so what to do........No idea the dose volume they give you for Moderna booster here, little nervous about earlier booking...... 

Edited by CANSIAM

Now that this is about booster.

Seems like s good idea to get that booster if we have a look at this story.

75% of deaths are unvaccinated and the remaining are people who had their shots more than 6 months ago.

No one who had their booster shot has died as far as can read in this hospital.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/09/us/hospital-covid-19-deaths-michigan/index.html

It's 5 1/2 months since i received my 2nd shot so time for a booster in not so long.

I had an antibody test yesterday, which shows i still have anti bodies, but it took 5 minutes before it showed signs of anti bodies.

Last time i had a test it was showing it in like 5 seconds, so i assume i have a lot less anti bodies now.

Seems like we're going to have a booster a few times a year until someone invent a vaccine that last longer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Thanks.I had a look at the Bangkok Hospital's offer via Shopee and the explanatory detail (all in Thai) is interesting.It was encouraging to note you can actually book an appointment although this seems in conflict with evidence from elsewhere that Government hasn't yet authorized release.Essentially it is the same arrangement as that provided by Bumrungrad, ie private sector provision under direction from Government.

Actually I'm quite surprised at the lack of activity on this forum on the booster issue.Evidence from the UK indicates 2 doses of AZ doesn't provide any protection against Omicron, though a booster provides a great deal of protection.We also know that once present in a country Omicron is incredibly infectious.Let's hope that the early indications that it doesn't generally result in severe disease/death is confirmed.However, coming back to Thailand, it does seem unfortunate that the booster rollout is so sluggish.Having said that I'm fully aware that many Thais have received a Pfizer booster on top of 2X Sinovac.But overall the response to the Omicron variant isn't that impressive.

• Like 1

Completed Moderna Booster Today at Patong Govt. Hospital.

Exactly Three Months after 2nd AZ Jab. Walk In. Every Monday. Started Today. Limited 100 Doses each Monday.Arrived 8:40 am. Presented Passport and MOPH. Vax Cert. Not Busy.Mainly Farangs. Got Number 76. Rather Chaotic. 90 minutes.  Cert. Delayed 3 days.

AZ is Zero Effective for Omicron and Booster campaigns everywhere so good to be the “ new fully vaxxed”. Ironic I failed to register for paid Moderna at BPH then soon after got free three jabs…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

fwiw I spent some time today trying to book a booster and it was a waste of time. A few hospitals said they were fully booked and to keep monitoring their websites. The Bumrungrad is inviting people to pre-pay 1,650 baht for a booster (Modern, I think?) but say it isn't even in the country yet and you shouldn't expect to get it until Q1 or maybe Q2 of next year, which probably means Q3. I'm really only interested in one of the mRNA ones (Pfizer or Moderna) - if anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to pay whatever one of the private hospitals is charging and travel to anywhere in Thailand to get it! cheers

5 minutes ago, TXTony said:

Have you tried the QueQ app to book an appointment? 

thanks heaps - tbh I haven't even heard of it cos I've only recently returned from the UK. I'm installing it now - is it reliable at getting me a booking somewhere?
edit - I registered and went to vaccination section - it's all in Thai, though everything else is in English!

Edited by pomozki
update
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TXTony said:

I used it a couple weeks ago to get my choice of vaccinations, of which I chose Pfizer. 

My friends have also had success just walking into Bang Sue or the Bangkok Youth Center. 

wow, was that your 1st or 2nd or booster jab? If I go to one of those places and get a Pfizer jab I'd be happy to shout you a slap-up meal ! I just checked the Bang Sue centre and it seems to be offering jabs for teenagers - dunno if they're offering them to 66 year olds!

Edited by pomozki
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pomozki said:

wow, was that your 1st or 2nd or booster jab? If I go to one of those places and get a Pfizer jab I'd be happy to shout you a slap-up meal ! I just checked the Bang Sue centre and it seems to be offering jabs for teenagers - dunno if they're offering them to 66 year olds!

Any luck today?

On 12/9/2021 at 8:32 PM, jack71 said:

Ive had 2 AZ and will get a booster AZ. Why risk anything. AZ has worked for me so far. I will NOT be mixing and matching

AZ booster is useless against Omicron after AZ x2 primary. that’s why you won’t get AZx3 from any reputable medical facility ……you must get a Moderna or Pfizer ( mRNA) Booster.

18 hours ago, TXTony said:

Any luck today?

many thanks - not yet I'm afraid. I contacted a former Thai workmate for advice - he told me you can organise booster jabs through your phone service provider, no problem. I duly went to the link he gave me for True (https://vaccine.trueid.net/) and it seems to offer booster jabs to everyone BUT people like me. If you've never had a Covid jab OR if you've had AZ/one of the Chinese jabs then yes, you can book an appt for a booster. But if you've had Moderna or Pfizer it says you're not eligible, no matter how old you are! He said it appears I need to wait. Open to any suggestions! and thanks to you and anyone else who took the trouble to reply

2 hours ago, pomozki said:

But if you've had Moderna or Pfizer it says you're not eligible, no matter how old you are! He said it appears I need to wait.

This is simply not true. You’ve received bad information and bad advice. 
Either walk-in to a place like Bang Sue Station or Bangkok Youth Center or schedule an appointment with the QueQ app. 

• 1 month later...

well, I wasted more time trying to get a Covid booster through the Thai authorities. True rejected me because I hadn't had my 1st 2 jabs in Thailand and made it impossible to reply to them. AIS then rejected me, saying they were fully booked in my age group (I'm 66yo) and to try again "at a later date"
then a mate told me the British Chamber of Commerce were inviting registrations - and I was immediately given an appt for this week. Fingers crossed, it goes without a hitch - seems the Brits finally came good. better late than never ????

5 minutes ago, pomozki said:

well, I wasted more time trying to get a Covid booster through the Thai authorities. True rejected me because I hadn't had my 1st 2 jabs in Thailand and made it impossible to reply to them. AIS then rejected me, saying they were fully booked in my age group (I'm 66yo) and to try again "at a later date"
then a mate told me the British Chamber of Commerce were inviting registrations - and I was immediately given an appt for this week. Fingers crossed, it goes without a hitch - seems the Brits finally came good. better late than never ????

Last year, I got my 1st 2 jabs via them very efficiently.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:38 PM, TropicalGuy said:

AZ booster is useless against Omicron after AZ x2 primary. that’s why you won’t get AZx3 from any reputable medical facility ……you must get a Moderna or Pfizer ( mRNA) Booster.

Total rubbish!   

Suggest you read 'https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2021/vaxzevria-significantly-boosted-antibody-levels-against-omicron.html"

• Like 1