Injured baby elephant, suffering from ten bullet wounds and being stuck in a trap, is now being treated in Pattaya

snoop1130

MG_4985-1024x683.jpg

An injured baby elephant, who reportedly suffered from ten bullet wounds and being stuck in a trap in Chanthaburi is now being treated in Pattaya.

The four-month-old baby elephant was found in a national park in Chanthaburi last month by park rangers. The baby female elephant is now being treated at Nong Nooch Garden Pattaya. Park officials named her ‘Fah Sai’ (Clear sky).

Veterinarian Dej Siridmarong told The Pattaya News, “Her front left leg had sustained severe injuries from at least ten bullet wounds. Her front right leg also almost had to be amputated due to infection from a trap. We have cut off a portion of her infected leg to save her life.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/08/injured-baby-elephant-suffering-from-ten-bullet-wounds-and-being-stuck-in-a-trap-is-now-being-treated-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 12

13 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I hope they send this poor baby elephant to a proper elephant sanctuary and it won't be domed to a life in chains performing tacky tricks for tourists the rest of its life. 

I'm sure it has it's future all mapped out... paintbrush in trunk.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

And in another article it was saying how great Thailand was for conservation and wild animals...and how they are going to increase the tiger population.

Those tigers they 'rescued' from the temple in Kanchanaburi haven't fared too well.  About 30 of them were sent to a breeding center 30 minutes from where I live in Ratchaburi.  Over half of them died there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Those tigers they 'rescued' from the temple in Kanchanaburi haven't fared too well.  About 30 of them were sent to a breeding center 30 minutes from where I live in Ratchaburi.  Over half of them died there.

Very sad .

What man makes to this beautiful animal is simply torture , nothing else .

It should belong to a surveyed wildlife sanctuary where it can live a life of free ...! Torture a big cat by putting it in a small cage is disgusting .

Shame on them who do that .

sick tiger .png

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 2

I've visited the zoo's in Phuket and Chaingmai.

You only have to look at the conditions in the zoo's to see how seriously Thailand takes conservation. Both zoo's an absolute disgrace. 

A few years ago a hippo escaped from Chaingmai zoo it was eventually found, I don't think it survived. 

How do you lose a hippopotamus?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never been to Phuket zoo, but I have to disagree regarding CM. True, some animals have less than ideal space and conditions, and a few are actually housed poorly. Especially reptiles and some of the bird cages come to mind. But many others are actually housed quite nicely. I would say overall it's on a par with some good european zoos.  The large aviary has been closed since before Covid, perhaps you missed that? As for hippos, there are at least two groups, the african and the pigmy. The latter is in a small area, but the former are actually doing well and are a big attraction. If we want to be honest, all zoos are a bit of a shame to  the animals. But to call CM "absolute disgrace" is unwarranted.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Thailand's track record of treating animals in captivity is poor, so you can imagine how Thai's in general treat animals, but shooting a trapped baby elephant, multiple times, is just despicable.   

I bit off off topic, but, today I was very upset when I went into a pet shop in Chiang Mai that sold pet birds.

It looked clean and very modern and a young man was sitting playing on his phone at the cash desk. 

I wanted to buy a pair of zebra finches for my aviary. When I went to look at them I saw there were several dead ones on the cage floor.

Then I realised that they died of starvation as they had no food left.  I told the guy there were dead birds in the cage and it was because their seed had run out.  He just smiled and said thanks for telling him. But he did not move from his phone. I told him he needed to feed them or more would die. He said he would and the food was in the back. 

I left the shop and went back half an hour later. He was still playing on his phone and had not given the birds any more food or even took out the dead ones.

Then I notices many other birds cages has ran out of food and dead birds in other cages that has starved to death...parakeets, budgies and other kinds of finches.

I was angry then, and told him to go get food for them now...which he reluctantly did.  The birds were so hungry they piled on top of each other to get the seed.

The young man's attitude was disgusting.  Not one ounce of compassion or care for the animals...and not even conceen what customers would think seeing starved to death birds in a shop so smart and modern and full of bags of birdseed!!

I think many more of th poor birds will die like that tomorrow and other days as he has zero interest in the birds..

Just don't get why he would even be employed there?  I won't be going back as it was heart breaking.  I hope the owner of the shop shuts it down as it not making many more and all the expensive birds are dead. 

• Sad 2

On 12/11/2021 at 9:23 PM, jak2002003 said:

I bit off off topic, but, today I was very upset when I went into a pet shop in Chiang Mai that sold pet birds.

It looked clean and very modern and a young man was sitting playing on his phone at the cash desk. 

I wanted to buy a pair of zebra finches for my aviary. When I went to look at them I saw there were several dead ones on the cage floor.

Then I realised that they died of starvation as they had no food left.  I told the guy there were dead birds in the cage and it was because their seed had run out.  He just smiled and said thanks for telling him. But he did not move from his phone. I told him he needed to feed them or more would die. He said he would and the food was in the back. 

I left the shop and went back half an hour later. He was still playing on his phone and had not given the birds any more food or even took out the dead ones.

Then I notices many other birds cages has ran out of food and dead birds in other cages that has starved to death...parakeets, budgies and other kinds of finches.

I was angry then, and told him to go get food for them now...which he reluctantly did.  The birds were so hungry they piled on top of each other to get the seed.

The young man's attitude was disgusting.  Not one ounce of compassion or care for the animals...and not even conceen what customers would think seeing starved to death birds in a shop so smart and modern and full of bags of birdseed!!

I think many more of th poor birds will die like that tomorrow and other days as he has zero interest in the birds..

Just don't get why he would even be employed there?  I won't be going back as it was heart breaking.  I hope the owner of the shop shuts it down as it not making many more and all the expensive birds are dead. 

Mistreatment of animals is disgraceful, especially small and harmless creatures like birds.  

The cruelty to animals in Thailand knows no bounds.  

• Like 1