Thai female lawyers fight for right to wear trousers in court

snoop1130

A noble fight if ever I heard one. 

Shall we fight for real justice or long trousers?

Shall we fight for equality of opportunity or long trousers?

Shall we fight corruption in government and the economy or fight for the right to wear long trousers in court?

On 12/9/2021 at 12:57 PM, ikke1959 said:

In a very traditional society as here in Thailand it is not done for women to wear trousers, nor in court, nor at the Government offices, nor at any other business.... Women wear skirts and blouses, and high heels men wear trousers.... So the Constitutional Court don't need to be asked about it... Women are for reproducing only and have to dress like that..  

Skirts and dresses give easier access to the important women bits, I presume.

Typical westerners trying to dictate what is the right thing to do in Thailand.  The same western countries filled with degeneracy and decaying morals and having their culture be eroded by importing "refugees".

Stop trying to bring your garbage "progressiveness" to Thailand and just scuttle back to your fallen country.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/10/2021 at 12:26 AM, seedy said:

I don't know where other posters are from, but when I was young, and you saw a man in a dress and a wig, ...

Court should get with the program. Here, there, everywhere.

They still wear those idiotic wigs in UK and Canada too - total Bool Chit

The wigs are more part of a uniform and aren't based on gender. They do sometimes take them off if there are children being questioned in court. In this case it's the difference between the dress code based on gender and not the overall uniform in the form of robes which from a practical point of view aren't necessary either. Of course if you take gender out of the dress code then men will be able to wear skirts. 

17 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

I was addressing the people here who support them.

That just proves you don't understand the article. 

It's Thai women that are trying to bring western progressive views into Thailand not westerners. We are just supporting their right to do it.

You might also try to imagine what Thailand would look like with just what Thailand has produced on it's own without western or other influence. You certainly wouldn't be able give us your views on this forum that's for sure.

I don't want to start getting into trouble but you might reflect on the Thai monarchy which is so important here. Have a think about places of birth, education and residence and musical influence.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

I was addressing the people here who support them.

Let me get this right, because I hope I am mistaken, and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Are you saying you think women should not be allowed to wear trousers?

• Like 1