What is Best Insurance for Thailand Pass?

Hi, I've just booked flight for January, and will apply for a 60 day e-visa.  I need travel insurance (including for pre-existing conditions), and wondered which firms offered good cover, and were also acceptable for the Thailand Pass?  Many thanks,

Paul

I got mine from MisterPrakan.

https://misterprakan.com/en/pass/thailand-pass

Nepal Airlines cancelled my original flight and rescheduled it for a couple of week later and so I emailed the address on the certificate and received a new certificate with an updated start date a few hours later without charge.  I considered that to be impressive service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, damole said:

I got mine from MisterPrakan.

https://misterprakan.com/en/pass/thailand-pass

Nepal Airlines cancelled my original flight and rescheduled it for a couple of week later and so I emailed the address on the certificate and received a new certificate with an updated start date a few hours later without charge.  I considered that to be impressive service.

MisterPrakan is a broker not an insurance company.

Who is the actual insurer?

• Like 1

OP: none of the Thai-issued  olicies will cover pre-existing conditions but there are foreign based travel policies that will cover "acute exacerbations" of chronic conditions.

I suggest you do a google search for "UK + travel insurance + pre-existing condition". There are a number of options.

3 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Heres a few options comparable by price:

https://AQ.in.th/INSURANCE

AXA, and TUNE are one of the most popular options.

For the cheapest option in most cases it is WorldTrips (but this may vary depending on your specific situation).

I do nto think any of these will cover pre-existing conditions, which OP specifically mentioned as a need.

There are hiowever UK-issued travel policies that will.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 3:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can check here for the covid 19 insurance you will need for the Thailand Pass here. https://covid19.tgia.org/

It is not needed for your visa application.

I'll tell you what : I just subscribed to this one out of trust for you, UbonJoe

But then why is it 1500 thb more expensive than the other ones (AXA, TuneIn...) ?

I still don't know if it covers asymptomatic cases...

The start date of the insurance coverage should be the same day you land in Thailand, right ?

Oh it seems it's a Thai brand company, so I think it's a better choice. I can see QR code scanning is going to be easier. Just trying to make things easier, you know : )

Edited by Michel PUISSANT

I am on a Retirement Extension. If I bought the AXA Sawasdee Thailand: Inbound Travel Insurance for the Thailand Pass how many days coverage would I need to buy? Would I need coverage up to my next Extension date or could I just buy for 30 days?

I am yet to see a definitive answer on how long insurance is needed for expats on long term visas.

Will 30 days be accepted or does it need to last until the expiration of the visa extension?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

I spoke to someone who said that if you get insurance which ends before your extension of stay then they will only stamp you in for as long as the duration of the insurance. Which would mean having to apply for an extension of stay again within 30 days of arrival.

2 hours ago, hornetsmad said:

I am yet to see a definitive answer on how long insurance is needed for expats on long term visas.

Will 30 days be accepted or does it need to last until the expiration of the visa extension?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

I spoke to someone who said that if you get insurance which ends before your extension of stay then they will only stamp you in for as long as the duration of the insurance. Which would mean having to apply for an extension of stay again within 30 days of arrival.

Covid insurance duration and expiry date of extension of stay are two separate issues.  Covid insurance is for Thailand Pass application and the extension of stay is a Immigration matter.  Do they ask you for covid insurance when you apply for your extension of stay? No!

Just looking myself. The Allianz insurance from misterprakan looks cheapest, covers asymptomatic charges at hospital. My usual insurance should cover everything else. The insuarnce for Thai pass need not be all encompassing, you can have two policies running at same time for different things

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 08.27.09.png

On 12/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kopitiam said:

Covid insurance duration and expiry date of extension of stay are two separate issues.  Covid insurance is for Thailand Pass application and the extension of stay is a Immigration matter.  Do they ask you for covid insurance when you apply for your extension of stay? No!

I think you have misunderstood my post. I mean will insurance be accepted if it doesn't last the entire length of our visa?

5 minutes ago, hornetsmad said:

I think you have misunderstood my post. I mean will insurance be accepted if it doesn't last the entire length of our visa?

I don't think I've see a definitive answer. Only educated guesses, and a couple of experiences from people wo have entered, but that is not definitive either, they could have just got lucky.

5 minutes ago, hornetsmad said:

At this moment, it's anybody's guest. The general assumption is 30 days insurance would be sufficient to cover covid infection when tested on arrival.  I have not read any report that people are denied entry with 30 days insurance cover.  You do not require covid insurance when you decide to extend your stay beyond your allowed stay.

6 hours ago, Cletus said:

For what I understand, some companies will pay for asymptomatic when testing positive, but no company will pay your quarantine if asymptomatic testing negative sitting next to a positive traveller in your same airplane or taxi.

Correct. All Thai issued policies will pay for asymptomatic hospitalization if you are COVID positive. It varies with international policies and frankly will depend on how the hospital completes the relevant paperwork.

Testing negative but being considered a "close contact" will nto entail hospitalization but rather quarantine in an AQ hotel and you will have to bear that expense. Rare occurrence but one that is possible.