Masks with exhalation valves officially banned while traveling by aircraft in Thailand, CAAT reports

snoop1130

19 hours ago, hamleknoi said:

Yes, because exhaling the majority of your breath up towards your eyes, out the side of your face, and in the chin area is so much safer.

Have they checked the CO2 levels in crowded planes (as if that matters)?

Complete and utter stupidity at work.

Yeah, that's the the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the  World Health Organization for you, completely, and even utterly, stupid.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yeah, that's the the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the  World Health Organization for you, completely, and even utterly, stupid.

Show me any kind of literature from either organisation that pertains to airplanes, covid, and co2 levels. I won't hold my breath.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, hamleknoi said:
33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Show me any kind of literature from either organisation that pertains to airplanes, covid, and co2 levels. I won't hold my breath.

Why? 

I was quoting part of the OP, ask the writer, not me!  In that comment I made no mention of anything pertaining to aeroplanes (think the ICAO might be relevant there, though), Covid (think the WHO may be relevant there) or CO2.  But, as you asked so nicely and clearly didn't understand my previous sarcasm, here you go, I'm sure that you could find more if you bothered to look...

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/who-advice-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-the-sars-cov-2-omicron-variant

https://www.icao.int/newsroom/pages/icao-council-adopts-new-co2-emissions-standard-for-aircraft.aspx

21 hours ago, bdenner said:

I use quality masks BUT now we are approaching the cooler season my glasses are fogged up.

Although I have not flown for 2 years I'm sure it could be a problem.

What's the solution?

All masks, and all manufactured items are “quality”.  Some are poor or low quality, some are high quality, even excellent quality. Some are very bad quality. 
  You did not say which type of quality your masks are. 

20 hours ago, hamleknoi said:

Yes, because exhaling the majority of your breath up towards your eyes, out the side of your face, and in the chin area is so much safer.

Have they checked the CO2 levels in crowded planes (as if that matters)?

Complete and utter stupidity at work.

It’s not the CO2 level that is so important. When indoors in office buildings or working in greenhouses or serving on submarines, we regularly breath much higher levels of CO2. Sometimes up to 2,000 ppm.

It’s the Oxygen level that’s more important.  You don’t want it to go too low, because you could pass out. And you don’t want it to go too high, because then it becomes more of a fire accelerant. 

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

All masks, and all manufactured items are “quality”.  Some are poor or low quality, some are high quality, even excellent quality. Some are very bad quality. 
  You did not say which type of quality your masks are. 

It's an idiomatic usage. You have to want to misunderstand to say otherwise.

b: superiority in kind // merchandise of quality

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quality

Here's what I don't understand about the world reaction and behaviour in regards to Covid: According to worldmeter. Info there are currently 21.8 million active covid cases in the whole world.  That's about 2.1% of the total population. In Thailand according to the same source there are about 53,500 active cases, about 0.07% of the Thai population. It is well known already that the pcr tests are way too sensitive and recognise a shadow of a virus as if it is a virus. So 99.7% of the world population is healthy yet we are ALL looked at and treated as dangerous health hazard or ticking time bombs. 

Don't you think enough is enough?

Yes, it is a terrible disease in the severe and extreme cases, but for some reason the world has gone mad with this one. 

Edited by LukKrueng
Typo
  • Like 1

Dont forget your eyes, virus' can and do enter your system by rubbing your eyes or if there is contact between your eyes and any coughing, mist or sneezes by someone thats infected can cause you to contract the virus, whether its a cold flu type.

Personally i dont put my fingers anywhere near my face when im out if i can help it.

I think if masks are used incorrectly that actually can srpead virus' more than if they werent used.

I see so many people out and about adjusting their masks and then touching stuff int he shops / hand rails etc So you then have a concentration of droplets on the mask which are easily transferred.

Masks used correctly certainly can help but when does the general public do things sensibly?

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

Here's what I don't understand about the world reaction and behaviour in regards to Covid: According to worldmeter. Info there are currently 21.8 million active covid cases in the whole world.  That's about 2.1% of the total population. In Thailand according to the same source there are about 53,500 active cases, about 0.07% of the Thai population. It is well known already that the pcr tests are way too sensitive and recognise a shadow of a virus as if it is a virus. So 99.7% of the world population is healthy yet we are ALL looked at and treated as dangerous health hazard or ticking time bombs. 

Don't you think enough is enough?

Yes, it is a terrible disease in the severe and extreme cases, but for some reason the world has gone mad with this one. 

Hospitals get overwhelmed and that’s simply why. Before the vaccines we were in deep doo doo and it’s why we had to lock down for months. Now there’s still a massive knock on effect with hospitals and patients not being seen with procedures delayed. Its not only about a majority of healthy people. It has been right to open everything after a large portion we’re vaccinated but with this new mutation there is reason to be cautious, even if it seems like overreacting.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:38 PM, bdenner said:

I use quality masks BUT now we are approaching the cooler season my glasses are fogged up.

What's the solution?

With or without the valve, none of the surgical masks or the typical masks you typically see people wearing, with the exception of something like a filtered respirator type mask is going to keep a person’s breath from exiting the seal between the wearer’s face and mask unfiltered. The restriction on valves masks is nothing more than an example of some official trying to “outstupid” some other other official for yet another useless feel-good measure. 

As for keeping your glasses from digging up, if you wear your mask so that the top edge of the mask rests between your face and the bottom frame of your glasses, your breath which escapes your mask will act like a defroster, keeping the fog off your lenses. Keeping your lenses clean also helps.

You could also switch to contact lenses or if your vision is not that bad, just don’t wear your glasses unless you really need to.  Luckily for me, my vision is not that bad so I don’t wear glasses while I wear the mask. 

On 12/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, bdenner said:

What's the solution?

Take your specs off?

18 hours ago, simola said:

Germany have had a strict mandate for n95 surgical masks and many eu countries also have strict mask mandates. Covid has surged in all these countries. 

The UK has reduced its mask wearing requirements and Covid infections have surged there......

One can only imagine how life would be if everyone wore masks all the time. Even casual observations show that mask wearing was extremely pervasive in China, yet the dread still circulated freely. IMO, washing hands, cleaning public "surfaces" such as handrails, etc and the alcohol gel has done more than masks; but only an opinion. Another observation is that if you are tested, why the worry?  Are the vaxxed passing the dread?  Too many unanswered questions [I'm not going to type the entire list, as it's too long.]

On 12/10/2021 at 5:38 PM, bdenner said:

What's the solution?

Contact Lens

On 12/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, Catoni said:

It’s not the CO2 level that is so important. When indoors in office buildings or working in greenhouses or serving on submarines, we regularly breath much higher levels of CO2. Sometimes up to 2,000 ppm.

It’s the Oxygen level that’s more important.  You don’t want it to go too low, because you could pass out. And you don’t want it to go too high, because then it becomes more of a fire accelerant. 

I mentioned CO2 because there's people going around measuring levels with expensive meters and thinking that it plays a large factor in how much ventilation is in any given area, thus dissipating covid aerosols.