Hua Hin nightlife - it's all open and very busy

ukrules

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

I believe the bars are already open.

Thank you for the information/s.

Another question: What about the smoke in Hua Hin?

The owner of a guestehouse  in the south of Thakiaep told us there was smoke before the end of February of this year. When we arrived on March 10, it had vanished.

The crazy thing, we want to leave our home in the Mae Hong Son province, when the smoke starts here. Normaly between the end of Febraury and the middle of March. Of course, we don't want to "enjoy" the smoke in Hua Hin after leaving our home because of smoke.

13 minutes ago, puck2 said:

The crazy thing, we want to leave our home in the Mae Hong Son province, when the smoke starts here. Normaly between the end of Febraury and the middle of March. Of course, we don't want to "enjoy" the smoke in Hua Hin after leaving our home because of smoke.

Smog is already here, as AQI #s have been in the 50-100+ range already in HH.  Drove up to Krung Thep last week, and could barely see the hills to the west.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not officially, I think.  Just SHA restaurants can serve alcohol till 10pm

The bars are open, either there's a bit of a rebellion going on right now or something big changed but there's been no announcement.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The bars are open, either there's a bit of a rebellion going on right now or something big changed but there's been no announcement.

I would NOT be drinking in any bars, as the fines can be quite hefty ... UP2U ... but I prefer to follow the sensible rules, or you can add to the spread of the virus.  Your call ... but you've be warned.

"Non compliance of “Section 51” of the Communicable Diseases Act 2015, which is a fine of up to 20,000 baht, as well as breaching “Section 52” of the Communicable Disease Act 2015, which could result in imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both.

Bars, pubs and other entertainment venues remain closed."

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I would NOT be drinking in any bars, as the fines can be quite hefty ... UP2U

Oh I'm not going to be out drinking in any bars for the foreseeable future, there's no chance of that until well inside next year.

I'm keeping my eye on the pandemic and what's about to happen is something I would rather avoid - so I'm going out of my way to avoid it.

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Do I detect a degree of "normalcy"? How very refreshing. How wonderful. Let the people get back to work, and let us have some fun and recreation! 

Wow..... What a great idea... 

I live in Pattaya. It's so sad seeing the devastation ca used by covid Lockdowns .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Last I heard Soi Bintabaht is still largely shuttered up.

Soi Bintabaht - Hua Hin’s official nightlife street, is still a ghost town.  

As such the topic heading is misleading…Hua Hin is definitely not “all open”. 

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1

Restaurants are open, and can sell alcohol until 10pm... That means that most bars sell some kind of food now...

Understandable, after being closed for so long.

Most of the bars in Bintabath have moved to Soi 94. For food & live music, El Toro in Soi 94, have now moved to a completely new building in Soi 102, (almost on the corner where you can cross over to Soi 112, railway end). Big outdoor restaurant. Also Rock Zone moved earlier this year to the road along the railway, from Soi 94. Seems the most popular places are now 94 & 102.....or, the "geriatric street" in Soi 80....

• Thanks 2

I just watched the video by KhunLA and it was all in the Binta baht area. Looks like some bars

calling themselves restaurants are open, but I think the area is at least partially still closed.

I am hopeful that there will be enough tourists through this Winters months, to at least start the reopening of tourism in

Thailand. Once Thailand has all the children and adults vaccinated I hope the country will be able to open to the

world even more.  Maybe by April some other Asian countries will have enough of their population vaccinated that they

will also open to international tourists. Since it is getting close to Christmas, I do hope that more international tourists

start to arrive for their time in Thailand, and that many do stay as long as they can.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 3:07 AM, ukrules said:

Oh I'm not going to be out drinking in any bars for the foreseeable future, there's no chance of that until well inside next year.

I'm keeping my eye on the pandemic and what's about to happen is something I would rather avoid - so I'm going out of my way to avoid it.

agreed.  I am in a very happy relationship and do not use the bars anyway.

im not into bar girls and being surrounded by hundreds of smoking, moaning, expats anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/11/2021 at 1:41 AM, puck2 said:

Thank you for the information/s.

Another question: What about the smoke in Hua Hin?

The owner of a guestehouse  in the south of Thakiaep told us there was smoke before the end of February of this year. When we arrived on March 10, it had vanished.

Stay home under your blankets 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nemises said:

Soi Bintabaht - Hua Hin’s official nightlife street, is still a ghost town.  

As such the topic heading is misleading…Hua Hin is definitely not “all open”.

Lol, Bintabaht is dead, forget about that dump of a place. I hope it doesn't come back, ever.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently some "tea money" has been a paid by some bar owners.

Many "bars" are still closed as they are up for sale or rent.

Some "bars" off Soi 94 doing great most nights; Soi 80 reasonably quiet, most bars shut their doors at 10.00 pm, but customers inside; Soi Bintabaht area about a dozen bars open, but not so busy most nights.

The local "authorities" seem to do a drive-by most nights.

• Thanks 1

Bintha Baht  won’t be returning to what it was, the plan is to make a modern board walk where all the guest houses and restaurants were located along the sea. Many are already tore down. Bintha Baht will be part of the project rejuvenation. As already stated most all the bars from the area have relocated to Soi 94. I know bar owners on Soi Selakam and they want to relocate as well.

• Thanks 1