Covid insurance

Hi , been looking at a few policies in the UK , they all claim to cover covid ( so would be ok for the TP ) , but none tell you what would happen if you were forced to quaranteen because you sat next to someone who tested positive . I imagine this could be quite expensive - 10 days @ 10 , 000 / day .

Any tips on the best policy to get ?

Thankyou

1 minute ago, tgeezer said:

Ten days at 4000 per day for quarantine. About the same as the airticket. Thailand wants you to have cover for 50,000THB so if you can afford the quarantine any policy from U.K. which covers Wuflu will be more than enough 

I think that's 50K US. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Ten days at 4000 per day for quarantine. About the same as the airticket. Thailand wants you to have cover for 50,000THB so if you can afford the quarantine any policy from U.K. which covers Wuflu will be more than enough 

If liability was limited to 10 x 4000 Bt , then at least it`s something to consider . I had read somewhere that a hospital stay might be required , and we all know the opportunity that presents for overcharging .

3 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Those insurances cover health issues caused by covid, not quarantine. Wuflu is an unknown disease so not covered at all.

I think people are overly concerned about the rare case of somebody sitting next you.

The odds of it happening are very low if you look at the number of people per day that are testing positive when compared to the number of arrivals per day.

4 hours ago, flipper2222222 said:

my policy says I am covered when I get past immigration, where if the test is positive I am covered for quarantine. 

Luma insurance

Not for quarantine for high risk contact ( testing negative ).

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think people are overly concerned about the rare case of somebody sitting next you.

The odds of it happening are very low if you look at the number of people per day that are testing positive when compared to the number of arrivals per day.

Yes , spending 10-20 hours in airports and aircraft , with tons of people around , it certainly is worrying .The more people come over the more chance you suddenly in a aircraft where somebody tested positive , and you are quarantined , at own cost .

On 12/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, sezze said:

Yes , spending 10-20 hours in airports and aircraft , with tons of people around , it certainly is worrying .The more people come over the more chance you suddenly in a aircraft where somebody tested positive , and you are quarantined , at own cost .

I dont understand what you mean sezze 

the policy says I am covered as soon as I pass immigration. 

2 hours ago, flipper2222222 said:

I dont understand what you mean sezze 

the policy says I am covered as soon as I pass immigration. 

If you are in same taxi or close to seat in airplane as a person who does test positive , you will be quarantined also , for 7 or 10 days . This is considered high risk contact , so even if you test negative , you will be quarantined but if you keep staying negative , insurance will not cover you . This is mentioned before by several others before , even some who did ask the insurance .

Positive but asymptomatic-> insurance pays

Positive and hospital -> insurance pays

Negative but required quarantine because of high risk contact -> insurance does not pay .

That is also why some mention coming over and specific asking for solo taxi to test location/hotel .

3 hours ago, sezze said:

If you are in same taxi or close to seat in airplane as a person who does test positive , you will be quarantined also , for 7 or 10 days . This is considered high risk contact , so even if you test negative , you will be quarantined but if you keep staying negative , insurance will not cover you . This is mentioned before by several others before , even some who did ask the insurance .

Positive but asymptomatic-> insurance pays

Positive and hospital -> insurance pays

Negative but required quarantine because of high risk contact -> insurance does not pay .

That is also why some mention coming over and specific asking for solo taxi to test location/hotel .

got it, thanks