Aconatic

Negita43

Thanks

I think Aconatic have two versions of their models now - one running WebOS (ex LG) and now one running Android TV in my area the Android model (same screen size and more or less same spec) is 2 to 3000 baht cheaper (do I see the hand of Googles world domination attempt here?)

I'm trying to find out which is easiest to get a VPN on

For me, the problem with those TVs are the lack of detail in the specification. RAM and storage seem a bit on the low side. Perhaps you can switch between apps in the shop to see how quickly things happen and if to your satisfaction.

For example. what audio and video formats are supported? Screen quality details are also missing.

A slight better example of specification listing shown here: https://www.mi.com/global/product/mi-tv-p1-55/specs

There you can see formats supported and other important details. In this case; it shows more RAM and storage than the Aconatic. Likely a higher spec overall.

But the Aconatic have a three year warranty against one for the Mi.

You cannot use a VPN via WebOS. Only SmartDNS. An example here: https://unlocator.com/setup/

Seems possible to use VPN with Android TV. 

• Like 1

Tesco's has Aconatics on display but usually in a corner and not hooked up to display anything.  

If you can, prevail on a sales person to turn one on.  Try to get a bright, blank display and note lighting variability, especially around edges.  Also vertical lines, especially near center.

From what I've seen, for a little bit more money, you get better overall quality and features with a TCL or Hisense.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

In fact, you don't need to spend more, as suggested by dddave; as there are alternatives at the same price.

TCL for instance also have a three year warranty.

Some more examples; Aconatic WebOS TV screen has a stated brightness of 250 nits. The Mi P1 TV also doesn't quote a brightness level; though expect 300 or above.

There is no mention of colour space, contrast, HDR 10, Dolby Vision etc for the Aconatic. Also no mention of 5GHz capability and probably a fair few other things I haven't tracked.

Very poor description of the specification.

TCL's 50c7000a looks a bit better than the Aconatic at that price point; though only with Android TV version 9. https://shopee.co.th/50-%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A7-4K-QLED-Android-TV-TCL-%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%8C-50C7000A-Quantum-Dot-HDR-10%2B-UHD-50T5000A-Dolby-Google-Assistant-AI-Micro-Dim-i.68457296.12558033051

You can also look at their 2021 range with Android TV 11(the last iteration AFAIK). After 11 the name changed to Google TV.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/2021-new-premium-4k-android-11tcl-4k-hdr-smart-tv-0-10-50-led-wifi-smart-tv-os-50linetvpro-google-assistant-netflix-youtube-dolby-vision-atmos-memc-60hz-hand-free-voice-contr-i2386912281-s8119496437.html

Thanks for the previous inputs.

What a day!

Started off with a visit to immigration (always puts me in a good mood).

Next to 3BB to sign up – why do digital companies need to use half a tree and several hours to “welcome” a new customer?

Next to buy a new TV and that’s where it started to get really confusing….

I thought I knew what I wanted – Aconatic 50US34AN5 - Do Home priced it at 10,990 Baht and the sales guy assured me it was Android OS.  The day before I had seen this model in Macro priced it 9497 Baht – 1,500  Baht saving is not to be sniffed at so back to Macro. The salesman at Macro said it wasn’t Android OS only the 55” model was Android OS which they didn’t have. Looking in a brochure it would seem the Macro salesman is correct – it only lists a 55“ and a 65” under the Android OS TV section

A 50” is probably more in keeping with the room size so now I have turned my attention to TCL – Macro has this model - 50 H 6000 A UHD which they say is Android OS. (9)

Anyone have any experience of this model?

I learned 2 things today - buying a TV is a minefield and many “salesmen” do not know or prefer not to confuse the sales process by divulging the tech specs of what they sell!

Spent a few happy hours looking at my TCL TV options.

In case it's useful to those who may look later for what it's worth attached my price comparison.

Can't for the life of me work out the spec difference between:

50LINETVPRO and 50P725 both from Lazada which to me appear to have the same spec but the former is 1190 Baht cheaper.

Anyone have any opinions on ordering from Lazada?TVL Android TV.xlsx

Makro seemed the cheaper place for Aconatic. We have a Samsung Smart but it has too much Korean rubbish on it and it's video player in the browser can't be updated. The Aconatic is fine for me. I wish they had some TVs out here directed at English speakers with everything already in them. The TVs are cheap but if you want features you have to get Netflix or other pay by the month stuff. My Thai wife only watches Thai TV on it. The kids rarely use it. I like to watch Netflix, youtube and use the USB for some extra movies. And I do watch the Thai news in the morning to see Thailand's crazy stuff going on.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:06 PM, Negita43 said:

In case it's useful to those who may look later for what it's worth attached my price comparison.

50LINETVPRO and 50P725 both from Lazada which to me appear to have the same spec but the former is 1190 Baht cheaper.

The "Line" TV has the Line streaming app built in and a period of free use.  I would fear being bombarded with Line promos for ever after.

Thanks for that - I must admit I was worried about that but in the end I ordered one about 5 and a half hours ago!

The price on TCL shop for the same item is 18K+ baht and the spec is the same as the 50P725 which is 1200 Baht more.

I'll let you know if I end up throwing something at it!

On 12/17/2021 at 11:06 AM, Negita43 said:

and 50P725 both from Lazada which to me appear to have the same spec but the former is 1190 Baht cheaper.

The 50P725 is supposed to have a camera. Seems to be missing on the Thailand version.

50LINETV

Line TV

4K UHD TV AI-IN | Android TV

• · Android TV
  • · Google Assistant
  • · Hands-Free Voice Control
  • · HDR
  • · LINE TV
  • · 1 Year NO Ads on LINE TV

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/2021-new-premium-4k-android-11-tcl-4k-hdr-smart-tv-50-led-wifi-smart-tv-os-50linetvpro-google-assistant-netflix-youtube-dolby-vision-atmos-memc-60hz-hand-free-voice-control-i2634232169.html Cheaper but then the 3 year warranty doesn't seem to be included, only; available.

Did you buy from their official outlet, via my earlier posted link? https://www.lazada.co.th/products/2021-new-premium-4k-android-11tcl-4k-hdr-smart-tv-0-10-50-led-wifi-smart-tv-os-50linetvpro-google-assistant-netflix-youtube-dolby-vision-atmos-memc-60hz-hand-free-voice-contr-i2386912281-s8119496437.html

Edited by Bruno123

3 hours ago, Negita43 said:

I meant the link where it indicates that it is 18k ????

2 hours ago, Negita43 said:

Bruno I have just checked and now in the TCL store its shows as priced at 12,700 so no longer can I see it at the higher price - apologies if I have got it wrong before

Not a proble. I only asked since they have removed all mention of LINE TV from their actual website.

Not a bad choice. If it weren't for the fact that the 50C7000a is already eighteen months released; I would have chosen that one.

The Mi P1 is badly let down by it's pathetic 1 year warranty.