Pheu Thai’s Anurak Tangpanithanon ceases to function as MP after Supreme Court accepts graft case

webfact

D4634280-E136-464A-B17B-7F93DDFAB8D5.jpg

Anurak Tangpanithanon, a Pheu Thai MP for Mukdahan province, has been barred from working as a legislator, effective from yesterday (Wednesday), after the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders accepted a case alleging corruption, filed against him by Thailand’s National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

The NACC alleged that Anurak committed a gross violation of ethical conduct by demanding five million baht from the director-general of the Department of Groundwater Resources, in exchange for the smooth passage of the department’s budget through parliament.

The anti-corruption watchdog demanded that the court order the opposition MP to cease performing his duties, withdraw his voting rights and the right to contest an election for up to ten years, if he is found guilty by the court.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thais-anurak-tangpanithanon-ceases-to-function-as-mp-after-supreme-court-accepts-graft-case/

Logo-top-.png
  • Thanks 1

happens all the time, I am aware of one business operating fully legally being told 2 million was required or they would not get govt approval, its happens in all govt offices and its why so many thais  want govt jobs

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Being a member of a wrong party, I think he will be found guilty by the court.

reminds me of the Phalang Pracharat Chicken Lady, Pareena Kraikup. She is a member of the can-do-no-wrong party, and I have not heard anything new about her encroachment case after 2 years +. But, it is said that police are very slow in handling her case... can't say I blame them for that, just look at her:

Palang Pracharath MP Pareena to be hit with four charges for alleged forestland encroachment

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The NACC alleged that Anurak committed a gross violation of ethical conduct by demanding five million baht from the director-general of the Department of Groundwater Resources, in exchange for the smooth passage of the department’s budget through parliament.

Oh dear... greed was his downfall.

• Like 1