Air quality reaches an unhealthy level in five provinces in Thailand due to PM.2.5 accumulation

snoop1130

ฝุ่น-728x410-728x410-1-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Prachachat

Five provinces in Thailand are facing unhealthy air pollution due to exceeding the PM2.5 dust particles standard level today, the Center for Air Pollution Mitigation (CAPM) reported this morning, December 17th.

The provinces include Bangkok, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, and Saraburi.

Overall air quality in the northern, northeastern, eastern, and southern regions is considered very good with the accumulation of dust particles no higher than 47 micrograms per cubic meter (μg/m3).

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/17/air-quality-reaches-an-unhealthy-level-in-five-provinces-in-thailand-due-to-pm-2-5-accumulation/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jznene said:

...no higher than 47 micrograms per cubic meter (μg/m3)...
Over what period of time?

WHO guidelines PM2 5 2021?

By reducing air pollution levels, countries can reduce the burden of disease, and long and short-term illnesses. The updated guidelines state that annual average concentrations of PM2.5 should not exceed 5 µg/m3, while 24-hour average exposures should not exceed 15 µg/m3 more than 3 - 4 days per year.

So, what makes Thailand so unique claiming that 47 micrograms is very good?

For all her faults, America’s EPA deems 25  milligrams and lower as acceptable air quality.

2 hours ago, actonion said:

A local told me its not Smog, its Morning Mist              .I   replied  Morning Mist at 2.30 pm

They say this all over Asia, same as the anti-vax people.   You don't want to upset them like this.  They hate farang complaining culture.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2021 at 5:07 PM, John Drake said:

And the high end, high quality tourists just can't wait!

The Gulfstream crowd will be supplied with stretch limos with medically purified air and VR-Glasses providing an antiseptic view of a CGI created Thailand of old as they are ushered between their luxury hotels, spas, malls, and golf course.  No need for these uber-riche to dirty their feet on the ripped-up side walks and infrastructure meant for "commoners" and other riff-raff or breath The Most Dangerous Air In The World as the Cool Season pollution fades (disappears) into true horror-haze of Hot season burning. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/17/2021 at 5:07 AM, John Drake said:

And the high end, high quality tourists just can't wait!

They will dupe a few high rollers to come in. But, after touching down it won't take long for a departure ticket to be bought.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 10:12 AM, jznene said:

So, what makes Thailand so unique claiming that 47 micrograms is very good?

Many years ago, faced with ever rising year round background levels of smoke, the Thai authorities just raised the 'safe limit' number. Problem solved from their point of view.

There is no safe level of course. Years ago I pressurised my whole house with industrial level intake HEPA filtration, the rationale being that I want to keep my family's annual average exposure as low as I can. We live in the north, the air is pjss poor for six months of the year, and totally unbreathable from Feb to April. Inside our house it's 0 micrograms year round. That's right, zero. . . but we feel like prisoners during the worst of the burning season.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1

Overall air quality in the northern, northeastern, eastern, and southern regions is considered very good with the accumulation of dust particles no higher than 47 micrograms per cubic meter (μg/m3).

That is a lie and I can prove it. Its not March conditions but air quality in Chiang Rai province is POOR and not very good as they claim.