Was confined to a hotel for 33 days doing freelance work on a television production, Missed my 90 day report

What are the fines/consequences for being late on a 90 day report? I am on a 5 year elite visa. Therefore I cannot infrom them I was working as I do not have a valid work permit.

At this point, by monday, the 90 day report will be roughly 3 weeks late.

What should I expect to encounter ant Chiang Mai Immigration?

Thanks

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JRockwell said:

Therefore I cannot infrom them I was working as I do not have a valid work permit.

Even if you had a valid work permit and had been unable to report due to work obligations, they wouldn't care and the fine would be all the same.

In other words, just go to report, be apologetic about being late without saying why, have the money ready. Not a big deal. 

• Like 1

I've been late with my 90 day report, for no good reason aside from Hubby and I being on different schedules and I simply forgot to do mine

.  CM Immigration didn't care and just acted annoyed that it involved writing a receipt for the 2000 baht fine.  No red mark in the passport that I recall.  Not a good idea just to stop doing them until you go in for another visa extension.  The max fine is 5000 baht and they might just decide to ask for that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Just go, report your 90 days, then u pay a 1900 thb fine (i think thats the amount).

Youll get a red stamp in your passport, besides that no issues. 

No one cares, just don't get caught outside or the fine is higher. 

If you're lucky the red stamp will probably take up almost half a page.

????????

Edited by overherebc

Obviously travel is a royal PITA right now...  but if you have any excuse to leave the country and can bear the risks of returning, this will 'reset' your 90 days reporting.  I've done this at least 2 times, and one of the times I think I was about 2 months late.   Immigration said nothing.  I missed my 90 day report in August, but flew out literally the next day.  When I did my 90 day report 2 weeks ago, the Rayong Immigration officer noticed that I was due to report in August, and I had to explain that I had left the country and returned.   He looked confused for about 2 minutes as he shuffled through my passport.   I got a little nervous, but I found him the most recent entry stamp, and he said, "ah, okay, no problem!"

One time I was 3 or 4 days late.  They didn't do anything at all, just gave me the updated paper.  Another time I was 2 weeks late, had to pay 1600 baht, and sit in an office with an older Thai woman Immigration Officer who just repeated over and over again that I have to do my 90 days report.  Literally...  said nothing else just repeated over and over again in terrible English, lasted 45 minutes.  Also got a nice red stamp in the back of my passport.

I am on 2 years BOI Non-B visas, with 2 year work permits, though that probably doesn't matter.

• Confused 1

I missed a 90 day report date by two weeks in September of this year, just from pure forgetfulness (first time in more than 15 years).

I just went to my local immigration office and handed the officer my passport as if nothing was amiss. He just printed out the new slip and sent me on my way, no fine. Naturally I didn't mention it further.

I suspect there might be some leniency because of Covid. Maybe he was just a nice guy, but normally an officer wouldn't risk being reprimanded by his superior for failing to collect a fine.

By the way, this was outside of Bangkok, not at Chaeng Wattana.

Paul Laew