Several countries placing restrictions on UK travellers because of Omicron - hopefully Thailand doesn't do the same !

I'm flying out next week on 23rd and of course I have my Thailand pass and 1 day test and go. I hope Thailand don't change the entry conditions at the last minute !  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I always said this is not the right time to travel ????

Agree - a lot of hassle but this might be the only way for a very long time to come. I'm mid-journey right now and I certainly would be doing all this without the STV and a very strong reason to jump the hurdles

1 hour ago, Oblomov said:

One thing is certain, Thailand will not be receiving this new variant via an air traveller but will through the more porous land borders,

Yes the land borders are a huge problem for Thailand. Impossible to police them completely.

Edited by Tuvoc

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

NewsFlash

Anutin has just (Monday) announced "Test and Go" may change soon due to Omicron

Yeah, just spotted that. I might just get in in time (arrives BKK Friday). If not, then I had always anticipated having to do quarantine - I was thanking my lucky stars for test & Go. If it wasn't for the pre-flight PCR test having to be re-arranged, the Thailand Pass etc having to be redone, I'd hop on the plane a day earlier to try and avoid it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuvoc said:

Yeah, just spotted that. I might just get in in time (arrives BKK Friday). If not, then I had always anticipated having to do quarantine - I was thanking my lucky stars for test & Go. If it wasn't for the pre-flight PCR test having to be re-arranged, the Thailand Pass etc having to be redone, I'd hop on the plane a day earlier to try and avoid it.

pass has 72h validity before and after your date.

test date can also be changed

57 minutes ago, internationalism said:

pass has 72h validity before and after your date.

test date can also be changed

Hmm... I wouldn't need to change the pre-flight PCR, just change the flight ticket and the ASQ booking then if possible ?

15 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Yes the land borders are a huge problem for Thailand. Impossible to police them completely.

Hopefully this will be understood and foreigners will be thanked for visiting despite contagion in the country and not accused of bringing it in.

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Omicron seems to be taking hold in a big way in the UK. Some of the infection numbers being quoted are staggering.

Think it's worse than the numbers quoted, noticing business's closing doors today due to staff off, services like post and transport stretched. If I were in LOS I would be concerned about folk returning home for New Year.