Another (Successful) Thai Pass Experience

I also got mine in about 4-5 days. Used my existing insurance.

But mileage can and does vary.

Some people get it instantly, some people after a week or more,  some people have to reapply (for no discernable reason).

A friend's son just got one only after reapplication, the first application having stayed in "reviewing" status for about 10 days.

And about 3 weeks ago I got one for a relative, took 2 tries as first application, after getting a confirmation code, vanished and did not show in the system. Second one went through. We then got 2 responses, one rejecting application (presumably the first one though no way to tell) on grounds vaccination record did not show vaccine details in English (certificate itself did not, but it had a QR code that linked to all details in English and this was separately submitted), second one approving what I assume was the second application which had uploaded the exact same vaccine certificate and QR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

What if you stay in your own rented condo as opposed to hotel? 

You would not be able to do the quarantine in your rented condo.

After quarantine you only need an address to use on the application.

On 12/20/2021 at 1:48 AM, Sheryl said:

I also got mine in about 4-5 days. Used my existing insurance.

But mileage can and does vary.

Some people get it instantly, some people after a week or more,  some people have to reapply (for no discernable reason).

A friend's son just got one only after reapplication, the first application having stayed in "reviewing" status for about 10 days.

And about 3 weeks ago I got one for a relative, took 2 tries as first application, after getting a confirmation code, vanished and did not show in the system. Second one went through. We then got 2 responses, one rejecting application (presumably the first one though no way to tell) on grounds vaccination record did not show vaccine details in English (certificate itself did not, but it had a QR code that linked to all details in English and this was separately submitted), second one approving what I assume was the second application which had uploaded the exact same vaccine certificate and QR.

I got mine in 4 days, and I had no problems at all filling out the application form or uploading documents.. I was very surprised after all the negative talk about the app,, maybe they had fixed it before I applied 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would not be able to do the quarantine in your rented condo.

After quarantine you only need an address to use on the application.

Ok. I thought quarantine was not required anymore if you're vaxxed. 

Travelling anywhere is to complicated these days.

17 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Ok. I thought quarantine was not required anymore if you're vaxxed. 

Travelling anywhere is to complicated these days.

You have to do one night of quarantine until you get a negative covid 19 test result if fully vaccinated if entering under the test & go scheme.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to do one night of quarantine until you get a negative covid 19 test result if fully vaccinated if entering under the test & go scheme.

That all may change very soon if the Anutin announcement yesterday is accepted .

Then I suppose I will have to change my Test and Go bookings ( hotel/PCR/ taxi) to a maybe  Sandbox  style program. I assume they will then have to change the Thai Pass ?? How will this work for people who are fully booked and have Thai pass for the coming weeks ?   Others  have onward flight and hotel bookings for after one day Test and Go which they will not be able to use, due to a possible 7 day Sandbox . 

2 minutes ago, geisha said:

That all may change very soon if the Anutin announcement yesterday is accepted .

Then I suppose I will have to change my Test and Go bookings ( hotel/PCR/ taxi) to a maybe  Sandbox  style program. I assume they will then have to change the Thai Pass ??

i just replied to a topic asking about the test&go here.

1 hour ago, robin hood said:

I got mine in 4 days, and I had no problems at all filling out the application form or uploading documents.. I was very surprised after all the negative talk about the app,, maybe they had fixed it before I applied 

No, you were just lucky. Some people are.

Among other issues the system's website is badly overloaded. Which is a catch-22 as unsuccessful aplications result in duplicate (or triplicate etc) applications by the same persons making it all the more overloaded.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 12:40 AM, howlee101 said:

I use an app called CamScanner....I think you only get 3 free documents per day but it's a great app that allows you to save your picture to a pdf or jpeg file and email it to yourself. 

Or you could download a simple program called Pdf Wiz where you can change files from PDFs to jpgs or other files all day long. directly on your pc.

https://www.starzsoft.com/pdf-converter/

Worked for me - along with a hotmail address............

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Never Been Abroad said:

Thai Primeminister just anounced stop Thai Pass and Test and go, starting today until 10th January.

?????????

There is info coming out but most of it has not been confirmed yet. Wait until tomorrow to find out more info.

What I saw said it was until the 4th at this time.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is info coming out but most of it has not been confirmed yet. Wait until tomorrow to find out more info.

What I saw said it was until the 4th at this time.

Thank you, I hope so my friend.

I see that the Thailand Pass website is still open, so will try to continue with my application.