Pls recommend colonoscopy doc in Bangkok for regular exam

david_je

We went to RSU Healthcare.  Here is the link to their website: https://rsuhealth.com/new-home-en/. 

The doctor was Varocha Mahachai, MD.  She spoke English quite fluently.  The procedure was done under sedation, not general anesthesia, so it was very sleepy but not unconscious.  For your reference, the price a year ago was 24,000 bhat plus an additional 700 bhat for medication charge.  We were quite happy with their service.  Hope that helps!

I did a Gastro-Colonoscopy at Bumrungrad about six years ago, sedated, Dr. Poungpen Sirisuwannatash, very successful - less than 30,000 Baht, maybe a bit more. Covered by BUPA (now Aetna).

Edited by NewGuy

The least expensive option for this is the Chulabhorn Cancer Hospital (a government hospital under royal patronage).

https://www.chulabhornhospital.com/

Last I  heard, under 10k (including IV sedation - and believe me you do NOT want to try this without it).

You will have to go in person to make appointment.

One thing I do not know is if, due to COVID, they have stopped appointments for elective screenings and/or have a backlog.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

The least expensive option for this is the Chulabhorn Cancer Hospital (a government hospital under royal patronage).

https://www.chulabhornhospital.com/

Last I  heard, under 10k (including IV sedation - and believe me you do NOT want to try this without it).

You will have to go in person to make appointment.

One thing I do not know is if, due to COVID, they have stopped appointments for elective screenings and/or have a backlog.

10 month Q, or so I was told  10k gets you express pre/after hours service.  I got scoped both directions there.  Excellent care.  

Express service charge actually brought it more in line with private hosp. pricing, but since already registered (time consuming in itself) & there, wasn't an issue.   Need a lot of patience to use Gov't hospitals.  And they can be hit & miss.  Chula is excellent, but all the metro locals (8 million) know & use, so Q's are silly long.

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

10 month Q, or so I was told  10k gets you express pre/after hours service.  I got scoped both directions there.  Excellent care.

If you mean 10k is totyal cost private channel then still excellent price, more than half that of any private hospital.

Or do you mean 10K on top of normal cost (which i think is 6-7k public channel)?

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you mean 10k is totyal cost private channel then still excellent price, more than half that of any private hospital.

Or do you mean 10K on top of normal cost (which i think is 6-7k public channel)?

10k was express service charge only.  Didn't ask if it was 5k each.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, MRToMRT said:

My last one was 250k but that was for both ends (throat to stomach and butt to stomach) under general anaesthesia.

B....dy h....ll ! 250K

I had mine done at Bangkok Korat Hospital and total price for insurance (which they paid) was 35k and also under general anesthesia.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, MRToMRT said:

My last one was 250k but that was for both ends (throat to stomach and butt to stomach) under general anaesthesia.

Typo correct?

Because one of the most expensive hospitals (medpark) charges 25,000 for this combo special.

• Like 1