Thai Pass / Test and go successsful- what next in light of Omicron?

4 minutes ago, donx said:

I forgot to mention that although I made sure that the test results from the first two clinics specifically stated that the test was an RT-PCR test, the results I got today only state the test was a PCR test. I hope this won’t cause any issues for my family. I know all COVID PCR tests are RT-PCR tests, but that doesn’t mean all of the airlines and government officials along the way understand this.

Can you contact the clinic and get them to issue a report with the term :RT-PCR" on it?

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

This 10th of January cut-off is a myth. If you have an approved Thai Pass you are allowed to enter on whatever date it was approved

Note: why has no-one ever showed a formal link to this so called 10 Jan deadline, it's just rumour spreading.

It was from public statements by politicos, it appeared in the Thai press,  but it did not make it into the actual rule as published in Royal Gazete (where it also changed from Day 7 to Day 5 test, as makes more sense).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It's been published in the Royal Gazette now so official - those already holding Thaland Pass can come "under the scheme they registered" with the addition of a second PCR test on day 5. AFAIK no time limit was given. But obviously the more time that passes, the more chance of new restrictions being enacted.  There is supposed to be a "reassment" on 4 January.

Exactly how the Day 5 PCR  will be arranged/enforced is very unclear and I'm hoping we'll start to get some firsthand reports from new arrivals.

What they ought to do is have arrivals provide detailed itinerary (if not hotels, at least cities) for their first week in country and based on that issue them an appointment slip for a test a a nearby government hospital, then inform the government hospitals accordingly along with instructions to report back to MoPH as to whether appointments were kept and the result. Then MoPH inform Immigration to track down any no-shows, and monitor result trends.  But what they will do, is a whole other matter,  and I am doubtful a system like this would be effectively put together in such short notice (if ever). Designing impractical, un-implementable systems full of holes and contradictions seems to be the order of the day. That or just telling people to do something that is not possible for them to do -- like get a test at a Government hospital without any centrally-issued order that it should be done. Most do nto test on demand.

There was actually always supposed to be a Day 5 test under T&G but ATK - however it never got operationalized, people were given kits but no instructions on where to send the results and hotels when contacted said don't bother. This was a major lapse on government's part, had they done it properly they would already have a vast amount of information on how many cases slipped through the initial screening. (While ATKs are less accurate than PCR in early stages, by Day 5 they would be pretty good).

I just hope this 5 day PCR requirement doesn't meet with the same fate.

The Hotel I am staying at for my test and go said after my first test results come back negative and they will help me download a app Moh Chan on my phone that gives you a list of government hospitals where you live to take your second test at no charge 7 days after your first test result. I would recommend calling the Hotel in Thailand where you will be going for your test and go. My hotel also sent me a list of Government Hospitals close to where i live

8 hours ago, club said:

The Hotel I am staying at for my test and go said after my first test results come back negative and they will help me download a app Moh Chan on my phone that gives you a list of government hospitals where you live to take your second test at no charge 7 days after your first test result. I would recommend calling the Hotel in Thailand where you will be going for your test and go. My hotel also sent me a list of Government Hospitals close to where i live

Are they also providing some sort of appointment slip? Government hospitals do not normally do COVID trsts on demand

14 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Are they also providing some sort of appointment slip? Government hospitals do not normally do COVID trsts on demand

Wont know until I go on App . Hotel sent me a list of 300 government hospitals and one of them is the same one I went to before i left for America, even if I have to pay i really dont care

1 hour ago, club said:

Wont know until I go on App . Hotel sent me a list of 300 government hospitals and one of them is the same one I went to before i left for America, even if I have to pay i really dont care

Are you already in Thailand?

On 12/24/2021 at 11:43 PM, Sheryl said:

Can you contact the clinic and get them to issue a report with the term :RT-PCR" on it?

My family boarded their flight to Tokyo en route to Bangkok. I made sure their test results included RT-PCR, so I don’t know if that was necessary or not but I didn’t want to take a chance. They are flying from Washington Dulles to Narita on ANA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, club said:

no, leave for Thailand Jan 1

Others have dais that at the airport they were given a QR code to download which provides the approved list. Your hotel should also have some information.

The issue is nto ensuring yo udon't have to pay, it is (1) ensuring you will be able to get the test (if no appointment slip or other paper to how, may be hard at government hospitals) and (2) ensuring the test gets entered into the tracking database (COSTE)