Thailand suspends ‘Thailand Pass’ and ‘Test & Go’

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Why you should upgrade your mask as the Omicron variant spreads

By Kristen Rogers, CNN - 1h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/why-you-should-upgrade-your-mask-as-the-omicron-variant-spreads/ar-AAS7wEr

Sorry, I have no problem to upgrade my mask, but who is Kristen Rogers, how is she qualified to tell me what to do, and why should I read blogs written on MSN, or why should I consider CNN as a reliable independent source of information?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Days 5-7

Actually, TAT says it's day 5-6

Travellers, who have already received a Thailand Pass QR code, who will be entering Thailand from 24 December, 2021, onwards will be subject to the added requirements as follows:

• They must undergo their second COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR technique (not ATK self-test) at government-designated facilities on Day 5-6 of their stay in Thailand, or when they experience respiratory symptoms (no additional cost).

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

I think I'll do an ATK test at day 4 and if +ve with no symptoms stay home and delay the PCR test as long as possible... 

Funny, in Queensland (5.2 million people) we now have 765 cases today and over 2000 in the last week, but only 2 people are in hospital with minor symptoms and no-one needs ICU. Hopefully Thailand will soon realise it's time to live with the latest omicron varient

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Actually, TAT says it's day 5-6

Well, the piece of paper you have to sign says Days 5-7, that is the reality on the ground. The first test is stated as Day 0-1 on that same piece of paper. I'd put a copy of it here except last time I did that someone said they could still see the .personal details I'd blocked out and I don't know how that was possible.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The earlier to do the 2nd PCR test the better as then done with all the BS and we can get on with our lives 

Yes.

The document here also says 5-7

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1AnIVPwYeGs3l-rO25X1Wi9LLAbSbrSD0?usp=sharing&sort=13&direction=a

At the moment though, the closest to me is 3 hrs drive so I'll probably end up paying for one at the local Kasemrad or similar, but I'll keep an eye on the list to see if new ones are added. Surely there will be at least one on Chiang Rai province !

31 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

At the moment though, the closest to me is 3 hrs drive so I'll probably end up paying for one at the local Kasemrad or similar, but I'll keep an eye on the list to see if new ones are added. Surely there will be at least one on Chiang Rai province !

As I said earlier, why do you think you can just pay for one anywhere you want? If that is the official list of hospitals to do PCR, then surely you have to go to one of them?

Edited by aussiexpat

13 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

As I said earlier, why do you think you can just pay for one anywhere you want? If that is the official list of hospitals to do PCR, then surely you have to go to one of them?

I don't think that, you are just repeating what I already said. I already expressed my concern that by doing it somewhere else then the result may not get entered into a system that it has to be, so the test would not be registered and the authorities may come hunting you down. Providing the result though would surely keep them happy. They can't surely expect you to drive 3 hours to the nearest one on the list, the important thing is that it gets done and you can prove it. I'd like to avoid either scenario, hopefully they will add somewhere closer.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

I don't think that, you are just repeating what I already said. I already expressed my concern that by doing it somewhere else then the result may not get entered into a system that it has to be, so the test would not be registered and the authorities may come hunting you down. Providing the result though would surely keep them happy. They can't surely expect you to drive 3 hours to the nearest one on the list, the important thing is that it gets done and you can prove it. I'd like to avoid either scenario, hopefully they will add somewhere closer.

You're delusional. If they tell you that you have to go to a specified hospital then of course you have to go to one of those hospitals.

It'd be like me saying I'm sure an ATK test would be alright as I'm sure they don't expect me to drive 3 hours to do the mandated PCR where they tell me to lol