Noise complaint at luxury condo leads to arrest of students involved in marijuana dealing/using

webfact

28 minutes ago, jvs said:

The head line,So you and Brianthainess are both right!!

Noise complaint at luxury condo leads to arrest of students involved in marijuana dealing/using

The report, it was a police raid after they set up a sting by buying drugs from the dealers!  I was more righterer than he was!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You dreamt it.   Thais can grow six plants but only to supply medical institutions, These students weren't growing the plants, they were dealing the drug.

At least I know the situation now. With all the cannabis cafes around popping a leaf on top of a pizza I thought it had changed. Clearly it has not by any meaningful measure. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was approved but only to supply medical institutions.

nope. The 6 plants per household for sale to medical institutions was never approved. It is still a complicated procedure to get approval for that. In order to have buds for medical usage (oil extraction) you have to grow it in a greenhouse under strict conditions. Six plants would give about 2Kg of buds. Outdoor growing is for seeds only, yield is about the same (2kg) and return is next to nothing.  

I visited several farms lately and checked it out.

Again, rumors have it that approval for personal use might be granted in JAN-FEB next year.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, alien365 said:

At least I know the situation now. With all the cannabis cafes around popping a leaf on top of a pizza I thought it had changed. Clearly it has not by any meaningful measure. 

Where are "all those cannabis cafés" in Thailand?  Recreational use of cannabis is illegal here.