Noise complaint at luxury condo leads to arrest of students involved in marijuana dealing/using

webfact

9pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that the district chief of Klong Luang in Pathum Thani and DOPA officials arrested several students involved in marijuana dealing and use.

The case started when people at a luxury condo building in Klong Luang complained about noise and people doing drugs. 

A sting was set up for just 500 baht.

Arrested at the condo was fourth year student "at a well know uni" Tharit, 24, and Natthakan, 26.

Two ganja plants and 46.26 grams of imported heads along with other evidence was seized. The 500 baht was also recovered. 

They assisted the investigation by leading investigators to a place a few kilometers away also in Pathum Thani where four people were doing drugs and 514 grams of compressed marijuana was seized. 

The operation also led to a delivery rider being stopped with 182 grams of marijuana that he was paid 280 baht to deliver.

He said he had no idea it was drugs having been told by a woman who looked like she was a trader who said it was cakes. 

One other arrest was also made in the case. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-22

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Maybe, according to the picture, this condo is not what one would call "deluxe". Looks more like a 25m2 shoebox

to be fair, I had been looking back in 2014-2015 for a condo, and all the newer units' rooms were shockingly small.

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

280 baht to deliver cakes... Lealy?

280 baht to deliver illegal drugs... Really? 

11 hours ago, alien365 said:

I thought I read somewhere that each household was allowed to have three plants. Is this no longer the case or did I dream it even? 

You might have read about a plan or suggestion but never actually approved. A couple of years ago people who applied for a permit to grow for medical reasons (after proving that they've been growing and using in the past) were granted a permit for 1 year. That permit was never extended. New applications will be accepted at the beginning of 2022 and permits for 1-6 plants per household might be granted according to medical condition.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, alien365 said:

I thought I read somewhere that each household was allowed to have three plants. Is this no longer the case or did I dream it even? 

I am not sure they approved selling the end product though

• Like 2

19 hours ago, alien365 said:

You dreamt it.   Thais can grow six plants but only to supply medical institutions, These students weren't growing the plants, they were dealing the drug.

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:
19 hours ago, alien365 said:

I am not sure they approved selling the end product though

Not "on the street", anyway!   It can be sold to medical institutions.

16 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Maybe, according to the picture, this condo is not what one would call "deluxe". Looks more like a 25m2 shoebox

Maybe not "luxury" by Bangkok standards but could be considered to be comparative luxury in Klong Luang and it was sure a lot bigger than 25sq. m. going by the video of the raid.