Can 90 Days Report be done outside of your registered home province?

The title says it all.  Can one file 90 days report (TM47) at a provincial immigration office outside of your registered home province if you are unable to do so online or by mail?  

Immigration Bureau website says "For other provinces, notify at Immigration Checkpoint in local area where the alien resides."  But if one can do the annual visa extension in the other provinces (so I heard) why not the 90 days report?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

- visas can only be extended

at the office where they were issued

- as for "90 day reports", there is nothing to stop you from mailing it to your "home office".  Aim to have it arrive there 14 - 7 days before the expiry date.  On your return envelope, use your permanent home address.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

But if one can do the annual visa extension in the other provinces (so I heard) why not the 90 days report?  

You can. Just need to register a new permanent Thai address with the TM30 with 24 hours of arrival officially. That's what they told me anyway a few years ago. Then later if you go back to original province repeat there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Doesn't the first 90-Day Report have to be in person?  Then afterwards online is acceptable ?

Yes it it has to be done in person for your first report after doing the first extension of stay application.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Few years ago I was in Hua Hin when my 90 day came due went into the Imm office and told them I was from out of the area and the lady called over another guy maybe the big boss, He looked over the passport handed it back to her she asked where I was staying I told her the hotel name she processed the 90 day stapled in My Passport all good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Not only is it of course possible to do, but you are supposed to do the 90 day report in the province where you are staying. There is no such thing as a "registered home province".

Maybe but try going to a immigration office other than the one where you applied for a extension of stay and etc and see what they say. It will mean doing at least a TM30 report to prove you are staying in that province.

And then whey you return to your home province you will need to do another TM30 report to change your address again.

There is an option to do your reports online or by mail instead of going through all of that effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mokwit said:

If you live in Bangkok traveling to another province to do it is mandatory - although they will let you do it by post and there used to be an online option.

There is still an option to do it online and they just set up a new reporting site that will make it easier for some people.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will mean doing at least a TM30 report to prove you are staying in that province.

Hotels usually do theTM30. Just ask them for a printout of the TM30 report and take this to immigration.

If you stay at a friends place or similar which isn't registered for online TM30, just take the TM30 and the TM47 to immigration at the same time.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

And then whey you return to your home province you will need to do another TM30 report to change your address again.

This was abolished last year, upon return to a previously registered address a TM30 is no longer required.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is still an option to do it online and they just set up a new reporting site that will make it easier for some people.

I am not one of those people anymore and from what I am hearing the new front end is just that - it is the same back end with the same problems - it just looks nicer when you go to do it and can't.

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

This was abolished last year, upon return to a previously registered address a TM30 is no longer required.

It would be to do a 90 day report if they check your records after showing a receipt for one done by another office.

Immigration made changes to the rules a few years ago before they started doing them online to centralize 90 day reporting at your home office where you normally report. 

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I am not one of those people anymore and from what I am hearing the new front end is just that - it is the same back end with the same problems - it just looks nicer when you go to do it and can't.

I think there have been more positive reports than negative ones for the new online reporting site. Many people are able to do them now that could not do them before.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think there have been more positive reports than negative ones for the new online reporting site. Many people are able to do them now that could not do them before.

OK, Thanks for that. They opened the new one they day after I had to post, so will try next time.

I went to immigration when I was traveling in another province to do a 90 day report and they asked where my TM30 report was before they could do it? They also told me the the home owner who should do the TM30 within 24 hours of my arrival or there would be a fine. I just told the home owner to date it for my day of applying the 90 day report even though I had stayed there 3 weeks already.

• Confused 1

On 12/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

I went to immigration when I was traveling in another province to do a 90 day report and they asked where my TM30 report was before they could do it? They also told me the the home owner who should do the TM30 within 24 hours of my arrival or there would be a fine. I just told the home owner to date it for my day of applying the 90 day report even though I had stayed there 3 weeks already.

Bit weird. If you were aware that you would be in another province when your 90 report was due then taking along prepared photocopies and envelopes for mail option would be simple.

This happened to me probably 6 years ago.

I was a busines meeting at sri racha but my 90 day reports were in another city. And also it was my 90 day report time. I went to sri racha immigration and told them that i want to do my 90 days. Of course they told me i need to go to the city where i should do. I told them and showed them that im at a busines trip and meeting. They were very helpful i must say. He did my 90 days and put a note on it said they did it because i was in a meeting here. 

The next time when i went to do my 90 days at my city immigration they just read it and showed it to his boss then the boss asked me if i was at a meeting and where.. 5 minutes got my 90 days. 

The IO told me that in speacial cases they can help and do 90 days like in my case. BUT if you are at a holiday or nothing special, there is no way. I dont know if its still like this now.