Staying in Thai Social Security long after work?

I just read that foreigners can stay in Thai SS after work.

I last worked here in 2007/2008 and was paying the monthly social security and paid annual tax etc. I think it was around 750thb per month deducted from my salary. 

I read that you can continue to pay into it after you stop working for maybe 432thb per month.

Is that correct?

If so, can you pay what I'd call 'back tax', pay the lump sum for the last 13-14 years, which at that amount would be around 65k Baht, and then continue paying it monthly?

If yes, what benefits does one get from Thai social security as one gets older? Does it cover government health insurance and a small pension amount?

Why passing away, does the Thai next of kin get anything?

It would be interesting to find out.

TIA. 

Edited by JeffersLos

29 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You can stay in after work but you only have a couple of months to sort that out. With your situation, you can't get back in, it is too long ago. 

Oh well, that's a shame. ????

I may reenter work here in the future, and continue paying into the system after finishing.

What are the benefits/entitlements of doing so?

TIA

20 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Health care in government hospitals.

OLD AGE PENSION

A person must be on retirement status of at least 55 years old with more than 180 months contributions.  The claimant can get a cash benefit or pension equivalent to 20% of his average wage for the last 60 months and 1.5% per additional 12 months of contributions above 180 months.  For pensioners with more than 12 months but less than 180 months contribution, they can get a lump sum equal to the contribution from the employee and his employer plus interest. For those with less than 12 months contribution, they can get a lump sum equal to the contribution from employee.

If the insured employee dies before obtaining old-age benefits, and his/her parents, children and spouse have passed away, the benefits will go to other surviving relatives.

https://magnacarta.co.th/home/faq-section-2/thailand-social-security-fund/

• Like 1