Motorists Urged Minimal Car Use to Curb Haze

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, Metapod said:

its got nothing to do with cars. there isnt a steep increase in car usage in dcecember in bangkok that causes additional pm2 levels.

its the burning of the sugar cane crops.

December, yes the best time of year for burning. Household waste, rice stubble, cane stubble anything for that matter (no pun intended) it's the dry season and anything that can burn will be burnt about now and for the the next three or four months. 

Mask up as usual and you will be allright. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Metapod said:

its got nothing to do with cars. there isnt a steep increase in car usage in dcecember in bangkok that causes additional pm2 levels.

It's a combination of many factors, 

Vehicles: public transport, trains, coaches, buses, lorries taxis, trucks etc and privately owned vehicles.

Millions of motorcycles.
Companies who pollute the air via emissions either through production or waste management.
Farmers who burn land/crops for various reasons.

Public who burn rubbish

Vendors who burn a million BBQ's every day...

The list is quite endless and they all contribute to pollution of the air we breathe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Metapod said:

In Bangkok its caused by the 24/7 constant building of the Condominium sites and such.  Right now the PM 2.5 at my location is 182.  completely and utterly clueless these folks are.  The digging, the pounding throws all kinds of Sheiite into the air.  In the past week my outdoor balconies have been covered in dirt and black filth, and I am 45 stories up. I can not even see past the next set of buildings right now.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It's a combination of many factors, 

Vehicles: public transport, trains, coaches, buses, lorries taxis, trucks etc and privately owned vehicles.

Millions of motorcycles.
Companies who pollute the air via emissions either through production or waste management.
Farmers who burn land/crops for various reasons.

Public who burn rubbish

Vendors who burn a million BBQ's every day...

The list is quite endless and they all contribute to pollution of the air we breathe.

You forgot cremations.

• Like 1

I live in Nonthaburi...about 3.5 kilometers from Central Westgate Mall....the rice farmer across from our MooBaan just harvested his fields and promptly burned off the stubble so he can plant another crop....why no visit from authorities to force him to stop these practices ? (hint...he is an itinerant farmer and the land owner is a big cheese in Bang Yai district)

Only a matter of time until some government genius suggests for the sake of our health we reduce our respiratory rate by 30.4567%. 

Perhaps they'll even ration the atmosphere and prevent anybody who inhales more than twelve times per minute from entering public buildings. Or maybe there will be random testing of breathing rates and a QR code and a passport to show we qualify.

I mean, it's all about saving lives isn't it?

Nuh, surely nothing like this could ever happen.  :coffee1:

• Haha 2

I am in Isaan and they are burning off the rice straw left in the fields.  These idiots that blame only cars must not live in the same world.  You just have to drive anywhere here and you can see the clouds of smoke everywhere.  This is I think but as usual not enforced.