Help with visa questions from L.A. Consulate

Hi, I'm trying to fill out the E-visa forms from the L.A. Thai Consulate and am confused by a few questions. I would appreciate it if one of you who made it back could help out.

4 . Travel booking confirmation 

7 . Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.) 

9 . ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) Hotel Reservation Confirmation 

10 . A copy of flight confirmation reservation (The name of the applicant must indicated clearly) 

Is #4 the same as #9 and/or #10

Is #7 yet another photo of your passport?

I appreciate any help with this.

Regards,

F.J.

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

#4 and #10 are probably the same (fight booking)

#7 Could be a passport or it could be something else?  For instance I am going to upload my  California Drives liccense when I apply for the OA next month.  

12 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency. 

I think this is where you would put your license or I.D. I had to make an appointment at the D.M.V. which has a 5 week waiting list to get an I.D. since I don't reside in the state. Just stuck here. 2 1/2 weeks to go. And then another 10 days in the mail. Ugh!

53 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

#7.  In brackets it says:  "In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa."

So if you're an American citizen then it's not applicable.  If they still require you to upload then send passport scan again.

If you aren't an American citizen then I guess you upload a green card, H1B docs, or something similar.

#4 & #10 appear to be the same

#9. Is proof of payment and reservation confirmation from an ASQ hotel in the city you fly into.

Thanks. I don't know why they need to repeat questions in different texts. And why so many uploads of your passport? 

2 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:
12 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency. 

I think this is where you would put your license or I.D. I had to make an appointment at the D.M.V. which has a 5 week waiting list to get an I.D. since I don't reside in the state. Just stuck here. 2 1/2 weeks to go. And then another 10 days in the mail. Ugh!

How about a utility bill, cable tv bill or insurance bill with your name and an address in the specific jurisdiction?  

Also, did you see the requirement to upload a selfie with you holding the passport?  I do not see the actual need for something like this but I forgot "TIT" and 555.  Good luck on your application because I will be in your place in about a month.  I have applied for an OA Visa in the past with the LA Consulate and it has never been so complicated as it is now.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

How about a utility bill, cable tv bill or insurance bill with your name and an address in the specific jurisdiction?  

Also, did you see the requirement to upload a selfie with you holding the passport?  I do not see the actual need for something like this but I forgot "TIT" and 555.  Good luck on your application because I will be in your place in about a month.  I have applied for an OA Visa in the past with the LA Consulate and it has never been so complicated as it is now.  

Same here. I'm usually on a NON-O based on marriage. But can't do border runs now. I want to go in on a tourist visa this time and apply for a 1 year marriage visa there. IK thought about that too, about letters from the government Social Security. But don't you lose your money if you don't answer it right and have to start over as they say on the website?

Oh yeah, a selfie with yet another photo of the passport. Whyyyyy?

22 minutes ago, FarmerJoe said:

Same here. I'm usually on a NON-O based on marriage. But can't do border runs now. I want to go in on a tourist visa this time and apply for a 1 year marriage visa there. IK thought about that too, about letters from the government Social Security. But don't you lose your money if you don't answer it right and have to start over as they say on the website?

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. Then apply for the one year extension of stay during the last 30 days to the 90 day entry the non-o visa allows.

When submit the e visa application you will pay for it but if something is missing they will contact your about and you send it to them by email.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

You do not need proof of where you are living in the US, Your address is all that is required. It is only needs to confirm you are living in the US.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage. Then apply for the one year extension of stay during the last 30 days to the 90 day entry the non-o visa allows.

When submit the e visa application you will pay for it but if something is missing they will contact your about and you send it to them by email.

Ahhh! ok. I just saw on the Consulate website, you still have to send them your passport after your approved. Did not know that. So, it could take up to 3 to 4 weeks before I get a visa, with the E_visa review and mailing back and forth the passport. I guess I can upload a letter from Social Security with my temp address on it. Thanks Joe. Guess I better start working on it.

6 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

Ahhh! ok. I just saw on the Consulate website, you still have to send them your passport after your approved. Did not know that. So, it could take up to 3 to 4 weeks before I get a visa, with the E_visa review and mailing back and forth the passport. I guess I can upload a letter from Social Security with my temp address on it. Thanks Joe. Guess I better start working on it.

You do not have to send your passport. Since September they have been issuing stickerless visas. Just old outdated info you found on the consulate website.

Thehe announcement about the stickerless visas is here. https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/thailand-e-visa-stickerless-system-2/

You do not need to prove you address is within the consulates jurisdiction. Your address entered is enough if the state you are in is within their jurisdiction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to send your passport. Since September they have been issuing stickerless visas. Just old outdated info you found on the consulate website.

Thehe announcement about the stickerless visas is here. https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/thailand-e-visa-stickerless-system-2/

You do not need to prove you address is within the consulates jurisdiction. Your address entered is enough if the state you are in is within their jurisdiction.

Thank you Joe. Got it. I'll have all this sorted in a few days I hope.

I did my evisa in Hawaii before I came back to Thailand in late November. When they approved it I printed a stickerless visa. I did a bill with my address on it. I followed the recommendation that the people on Facebook’s “Thailand’s Reopening” group said which was the Thai consulate in L.A. seemed to favor Google chrome web browser and a gmail address. It was good advice and I got approved. The Thailand Reopening group on Facebook was a really big help!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

I want to go in on a tourist visa this time and apply for a 1 year marriage visa there.

Surprised you didn't just opt to obtain visa exempt stamp (30 days). After arrival you can obtain non O at immigration then obtain 12 month extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kawikasudo said:

I did my evisa in Hawaii before I came back to Thailand in late November. When they approved it I printed a stickerless visa. I did a bill with my address on it. I followed the recommendation that the people on Facebook’s “Thailand’s Reopening” group said which was the Thai consulate in L.A. seemed to favor Google chrome web browser and a gmail address. It was good advice and I got approved. The Thailand Reopening group on Facebook was a really big help!

Thanks. I have Google Chrome and Gmail. I'll have to check out the group. I'll use an envelope with my name and address then.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

Surprised you didn't just opt to obtain visa exempt stamp (30 days). After arrival you can obtain non O at immigration then obtain 12 month extension.

Can you get one in just that time limit?  Does visa exempt show up on the Thaipass Appas an option?

Just now, FarmerJoe said:

Can you get one in just that time limit?  Does visa exempt show up on the Thaipass Appas an option?

Keep in mind that visa exempt can be extended by 30 days.

Visa is not required for TP. 

Hopefully you have an existing Thai bank account. 

If not you could use agent to assist.

This visa exempt path is doable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Keep in mind that visa exempt can be extended by 30 days.

Visa is not required for TP. 

Hopefully you have an existing Thai bank account. 

If not you could use agent to assist.

This visa exempt path is doable.

Wow! Thanks for the information. Yes, I have a Thai bank account with enough to cover it. (B400,000) I think.

Just now, FarmerJoe said:

Wow! Thanks for the information. Yes, I have a Thai bank account with enough to cover it. (B400,000) I think.

Yes 400k in bank on day of application for non O.

That non O gives you 90 day permission of stay.

In the last 30 days of that permit you obtain a 12 month extension with the 400k having been in bank for 2 months.

Easy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes 400k in bank on day of application for non O.

That non O gives you 90 day permission of stay.

In the last 30 days of that permit you obtain a 12 month extension with the 400k having been in bank for 2 months.

Easy. 

I thank you for the help Dr. Jack. And they don't ask for a visa at the airport?

1 minute ago, FarmerJoe said:

I thank you for the help Dr. Jack. And they don't ask for a visa at the airport?

No.

However one issue with flying without visa or reentry permit is the need to show onward flight.

This is required by airline for boarding pass.

A way around this is to purchase cheapest throw away ticket to anywhere. 

Or use rent a ticket option.

Just Google "onwardflight" and you find options. 

Both work fine. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

However one issue with flying without visa or reentry permit is the need to show onward flight.

This is required by airline for boarding pass.

A way around this is to purchase cheapest throw away ticket to anywhere. 

Or use rent a ticket option.

Just Google "onwardflight" and you find options. 

Both work fine. 

Thank you. I've been checking out the rent a ticket option. Good to know. If I keep having problems getting a visa, I will do this.

20 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:
On 12/26/2021 at 10:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

I am pretty sure you will not be allowed to extend for one year, based on marriage, IF you enter on a 30 day (visa exempt) or a Special Tourist Visa (60 days).  I tried doing that a few years ago and was told I had to exit Thailand and apply for a Non-O (90 days) visa outside of Thailand, then extend for a one year visa based on marriage during the last 30 days of the Non-O.  Ubonjoe (and others) have posted similar responses on this subject.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howlee101 said:

I am pretty sure you will not be allowed to extend for one year, based on marriage, IF you enter on a 30 day (visa exempt) or a Special Tourist Visa (60 days).  I tried doing that a few years ago and was told I had to exit Thailand and apply for a Non-O (90 days) visa outside of Thailand, then extend for a one year visa based on marriage during the last 30 days of the Non-O.  Ubonjoe (and others) have posted similar responses on this subject.

It is possible to apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage with visa exempt or tourist (SETV) visa.

It cannot be done with a Special Tourist Visa (STV) that allows a 90 day entry.

image.png.0f963dd7752beb555f23aa35f2cf102f.png

Source: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, howlee101 said:

Ok. Thanks. I was leaning towards the 90 day Non-O anyway, just to make sure. Thank you for verifying that.

31 minutes ago, FarmerJoe said:

Ok. Thanks. I was leaning towards the 90 day Non-O anyway, just to make sure. Thank you for verifying that.

Read my reply to his post. The non-o visa can be applied for with a visa exempt or tourist visa. It has been the same for many years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Read my reply to his post. The non-o visa can be applied for with a visa exempt or tourist visa. It has been the same for many years.

Ok. Thanks Joe. If I have any problems getting a visa, I will go with visa exempt. Then again, if I go with the exempt, that's less covid insurance I have to shell out. Correct? I heard they don't ask for it at immigration when you apply for another visa.

5 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

Ok. Thanks Joe. If I have any problems getting a visa, I will go with visa exempt. Then again, if I go with the exempt, that's less covid insurance I have to shell out. Correct? I heard they don't ask for it at immigration when you apply for another visa.

You would only need 30 days of covid 19 insurance it you enter visa exempt.

Immigration does not ask to the covid insurance for any the thing they do other than a STV (special tourist visa) 90 day extension..