2nd swab test (day five) - problem

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Covid 19 extensions being extended is probable.

Just on the tail if uj reply.

I can't even imagine why covid extensions will not be continued beyond Jan 25. 

Actually i started thread re immigration office apparent negativity to ongoing covid extensions. Why? 

When will immigration follow gazetted rules from government..

Having stated that....folk traveling to Thailand (especially if for holiday) are borderline Nuts.

Edited by DrJack54

Today in Thailand (January 3rd) is a holiday which is also the 7th day since my family arrived in Thailand. I told my wife she and my kids need to get their 2nd PCR test today. But she said that the hospital is closed since it’s a holiday. I explained that she MUST get the test today. I provided her with the local Phatthalung Hospital phone number and told her to confirm that they are open for them to get the 2nd PCR test. She just posted photos of the testing site where they are getting their tests. She said the testing site, outside the hospital, is only open a half day. Thank God she actually listened to me this time about taking this PCR test seriously.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, donx said:

Today in Thailand (January 3rd) is a holiday which is also the 7th day since my family arrived in Thailand. I told my wife she and my kids need to get their 2nd PCR test today. But she said that the hospital is closed since it’s a holiday. I explained that she MUST get the test today. I provided her with the local Phatthalung Hospital phone number and told her to confirm that they are open for them to get the 2nd PCR test. She just posted photos of the testing site where they are getting their tests. She said the testing site, outside the hospital, is only open a half day. Thank God she actually listened to me this time about taking this PCR test seriously.

On January 4th, my wife receive via a LINE message that her 2nd PCR test was negative. She received it as a LINE message because she has previously registered at this hospital and they asked for her Thai ID, not her US passport. Both my son and daughter provided their US passports but they weren't notified of the results. My wife called the hospital and they said their results were also negative. However, the hospital didn't know anything about the Test & Go 5 - 7 days after arrival 2nd PCR test. As far as I can tell from my communications with my family, they were treated like any other person wanting to know if they had COVID-19. I explained to my wife that in order to prevent any issues in the future, they should obtain a printout of the PCR results. My son messaged me that they went to the hospital and did just that. I don't know if their PCR results were ever entered into any database that is used to track the 2nd PCR test for Test & Go travelers.

What has been the experience from others that had to do the same? I'm especially interested in others that went somewhere remote such as Chiangrai.

I had my Day5-7 test in Chiang Rai. They emailed me the result back the next day, negative.

Whether the test result is stored in some government database I don't know.

A few days later the MorChana app notified me that it was time to scan in my negative Day 5-7 result, but there is no capability to do that in the app that I can see. That app seems to be a complete waste of time.

Edited by Tuvoc

Quick update on my initial originating post.

Checked my emails on laptop this mornig to find the hotel (for my one night stay) had sent me an email with a link to another PSAS web page allowing the creation of an appointment for the, now, required 2nd swab test.

PSAS Swab Center

Unfortunately they not only sent it on day 4 but it went into my junk email which doesn't notify on my phone hence my only finding it today, day 13, via my laptop. Oh well.