2nd swab test (day five) - problem

Managed to et in on 24 December beforer scrapping of one day "test and go" but now have to have second swab test on day five.

The official video indicating how to book a free appointment shows a box to click but in reality there is no "Additional swab appointment" box to click. Any ideas?

Capture10.JPG.67f7fb87acac26295ef9e4b2c2a979d6.JPG

Capture11.JPG

Edited by prophet01

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.

3 minutes ago, farangkinok said:

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only.

That is for the USA not Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not any more. It has to be RT-PCR test now.

Oddly, it seems to be both. They still gave me the ATK test kit at the airport with instructions on how to do it on Day 6-7 and to upload to MorChana. As well as signing the document agreeing that you will take the PCR. The ATK test is totally redundant now of course with the PCR test requirement.

7 hours ago, farangkinok said:

For clarification, this refers to one specific PCR test with that specific name.  As noted it was developed in Feb 2020 and there are now much faster and more versatile PCR tests available. So PCR tests are not going away either in the US or Thailand.  Only that one will not be used.

The list of EUAs for tests that can be used in the US contains a lot of PCR tests.

Link to list, which starts about middle of the page:

In Vitro Diagnostics EUAs - Molecular Diagnostic Tests for SARS-CoV-2 | FDA

9 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Oddly, it seems to be both. They still gave me the ATK test kit at the airport with instructions on how to do it on Day 6-7 and to upload to MorChana. As well as signing the document agreeing that you will take the PCR. The ATK test is totally redundant now of course with the PCR test requirement.

I'll have to ask my son if my family received the ATK test kit at the airport at 00:20 December 28. I don't think they were. And they were only told to install the MorChana App at their hotel. I know this because my daughter needed my Apple ID to install the app on her iPhone.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:45 AM, Sheryl said:

I think you may be using a platform meant for Phuket Sandbox. (and which has soem bugs)

If you came in on "Test & Go" you do not make an online appointment, you just go in person to one of the approved sites bringing paper with you stating need for the test.

See this thread  https://aseannow.com/topic/1244401-where-to-find-list-of-government-approved-hospitals-for-covid-pcr-test-day-5-7/

Was the same site I used for Test & Go and was simply attempting to follow the video. I did intend, and will do today, to just rock up to the testing station in Patong and see what they have to say.

13 minutes ago, prophet01 said:

Was the same site I used for Test & Go and was simply attempting to follow the video. I did intend, and will do today, to just rock up to the testing station in Patong and see what they have to say.

I strongly advise using the approved list of locations only and bringing the relevant slip of paper with you so that the test and result get entered in the correct database.

according to the latest update "All Public Hospitals under Ministry of Public Health" are acceptable as are some designated private hospitals but it says nothing about testing stations outside of hospitals.

The document has now been updated

Hospitals participating in the 2nd RT-PCR testing project

1. All Public Hospitals under Ministry of Public Health

2. Hospitals under the Ministry of Higher Education (All University Hospital)

3. Private hospitals wishing to participate in the 2nd COVID-19 Screening Program (RT-PCR) in Test&Go (Only) participants Designated Private Hospital)

Edited by Tuvoc

I have the same problem. I received the antigen test kit at the hospital on 22nd after I did the initial PCR test. They said explcitly that the second test will be the antigen test and NOT a PCR test. I downloaded the Morchana App and was told to wait for a notification when to take the test and upload result. However, the app never sent me any notification and I guess it is not working well. I.e. it asks for my passport number, but the field can not be edited ...

Edited by faxx

2 minutes ago, faxx said:

I have the same problem. I received the antigen test kit at the hospital on 22nd after I did the initial PCR test. They said explcitly that the second test will be the antigen test and NOT a PCR test. I downloaded the Morchana App and was told to wait for a notification when to take the test and upload result. However, the app never sent me any notification and I guess it is not working well.

I think you arrived before the change from antigen to PCR test was implemented. That explains why you received the antigen test. Others have reported that the Morchana App isn't working very well. Were you able to upload the result?

1 hour ago, donx said:

Were you able to upload the result?

There is no option to upload anything inside the Morchana app other than scanning the Thaipass QR code. I will have my Thai friend call the hospital where I took the first PCR test to get more info, tomorrow. Thks.

Indeed, I did the day 5-7 ATK today - which is pointless because I have to do the PCR anyway - and there is nowhere to upload it into the app. Apparently the app will notify me that it it time to do the test and invite me to record it in the app. I'll believe it when I see it. However having scanned in the Thailand pass, perhaps it realises that the ATK is not needed because I fall under the new 2nd PCR test regime.

Edited by Tuvoc

1 hour ago, Tuvoc said:

Indeed, I did the day 5-7 ATK today - which is pointless because I have to do the PCR anyway - and there is nowhere to upload it into the app. Apparently the app will notify me that it it time to do the test and invite me to record it in the app. I'll believe it when I see it. However having scanned in the Thailand pass, perhaps it realises that the ATK is not needed because I fall under the new 2nd PCR test regime.

They never put im place an effective mechanism for recording ATK results. A major lapse leading to a lack of information om how many people who entered on T&G tested positive after an initial negative test. So the decision taken on Dec 20 had to be done in something of an information vacuum.

To my understanding the day 5-7 PCR tests now required are being tracked in a specific database which the hospitalenters data to.

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

To my understanding the day 5-7 PCR tests now required are being tracked in a specific database which the hospitalenters data to.

Yes. I phoned Kasemrad Sriburin Chiang Rai today which has recently been added to the list. They said I could not come in today because their computer systems were not ready for it. Tomorrow is fine, so I'm going in then, which happens to be Day 7 for me.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not any more. It has to be RT-PCR test now.

ubonjoe in your crystal ball what u think for after new years.  regarding entry rules. and what about covid extensions.  i think its fair to say the covid extensions will continue on now

8 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

ubonjoe in your crystal ball what u think for after new years.  regarding entry rules. and what about covid extensions.  i think its fair to say the covid extensions will continue on now

My crystal ball is unreadable due to Omicon. I think the Test & Go is going to be killed by Omicon but they might do the sandbox scheme for them instead.

Covid 19 extensions being extended is probable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

My crystal ball is unreadable due to Omicon. I think the Test & Go is going to be killed by Omicon but they might do the sandbox scheme for them instead.

Covid 19 extensions being extended is probable.

but sandbox is only in phuket not samui now.  samui  is not happy abou that

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

but sandbox is only in phuket not samui now.  samui  is not happy abou that

But that would be the best solution for those that are fully vaccinated.

Why they only kept Phuket is not really clear unless it is due to them being better setup for it since it was the first one.

Just for the record. I contacted my test & go hotel about this matter. They said when I arrived on 23rd I was still in the old rule set for antigen self testing. They asked me to send them the images of my selftest result and they would forward the result to the hospital who took my initial PCR test. Let's hope this works out the way it should.

Edited by faxx

18 minutes ago, faxx said:

Just for the record. I contacted my test & go hotel about this matter. They said when I arrived on 23rd I was still in the old rule set for antigen self testing. They asked me to send them the images of my selftest result and they would forward the result to the hospital who took my initial PCR test. Let's hope this works out the way it should.

Did you sign the paper at the airport (of which you keep a pink copy) to say that you have agreed to do the Day 5-7 PCR test ?