Bank salaries

RafPinto

21 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

He should just ask her.  Thais are not generally backward in coming forward about money (or lack thereof).

They need to know the pecking order so the wealthiest person is the one that pays the restaurant bill.

In fact she'll probably consider it an insult that he hasn't asked her yet.

Asked her to pay the bill in the restaurant? 

On 12/28/2021 at 11:58 AM, BritManToo said:

More important, I'd be asking if she were such a good catch how come, at 40, she's single?

And the answer is usually one or more of,

1. drowning in debt,

2. a nightmare to live with,

3. mentally ill,

4. frigid,

5. unlucky in love.

I've not yet encountered a 5., but there must be a few.

Another reason for someone with her qualifacations not being married is that she hasn't found a Thai man that makes anywhere  near what she does and doesn't care to marry down. Thai women with good salaries  don't need to marry  as they don't need a man to support them. Don't even need them for sex these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I have known some of the Hi-so Chinese style ladies whose parent's are very very restrictive. They look down their noses at everyone. Nobody is good enough to bring home. And so, they remain single until the parent dies, then maybe. 

Nonsense, they marry other rich people.

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Depends on the size of the branch but B40k-80k would be the normal range.

This is the correct answer. The figures on other websites are nonsense.

Be aware that branch managers are sales people and have huge targets to maintain. The base salary in Thailand is typically low, but commissions can be quite high. 

My wife works as a manager in Japanese company and her end of year bonus (not commission) is 3 month salary. An air-conditioning manufacturer that she supplies parts to just gave all their employees a 10 month end of year bonus. I know it sounds incredible, but it's true. So a branch manager may well earn well over 100,000 a month including bonus, but it will depend on a bank and location and if she sucks at work (figuratively) or not.

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, Why Me said:

Google  bank manager salary in thailand  found

"A person working as a Bank Branch Manager in Thailand typically earns around 180,000 THB per month. Salaries range from 97,300 THB (lowest) to 272,000 THB (highest)."

from

http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=215&loctype=1&job=1097&jobtype=3

Total nonesense figures bearing no resemblance  to reality.  50/60k would be about right.

On 12/28/2021 at 5:28 AM, RafPinto said:

She is 40 and works as a branch manager for a local bank.

He thinks that she might earn 70-80k a month.

70k to 80k baht per month sound very correct...

Manager_Eng_800x500.png.d0d429d357a232c5

Full artivle here...

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

Because youth is not the sole determining factor in looking for a marriage  partner. Looks, wealth  wisdom, humour  education etc etc play a part

1. I have enough money for the both of us.

2. Education, same.

3. wisdom, good luck finding a woman with that.

4. Humour, not sure that works well across languages unless you're Mr. Bean.

I'm basing my marriage preferences on fertility and willingness to have sex (with me).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 12/28/2021 at 11:58 AM, BritManToo said:

More important, I'd be asking if she were such a good catch how come, at 40, she's single?

And the answer is usually one or more of,

1. drowning in debt,

2. a nightmare to live with,

3. mentally ill,

4. frigid,

5. unlucky in love.

I've not yet encountered a 5., but there must be a few.

no3 Certainly not, or she would not be a bank manager.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1. I have enough money for the both of us.

2. Education, same.

I'm basing my marriage preferences on fertility and willingness to have sex (with me).

Good for you

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

This is the correct answer. The figures on other websites are nonsense.

Be aware that branch managers are sales people and have huge targets to maintain. The base salary in Thailand is typically low, but commissions can be quite high. 

Thanks, but Thailand's bank managers are not sales people, per se, they have sales staff tasked with the majority of the sales.   It is they who are compensated largely by commission and, with achieved targets, they earn a lot more than their branch manager can.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Many educated and financially  secure women in Thailand  are single because they have concentrated on their  careers and education.  They tend to be more discriminating and many are modest and like many Thai women don't waste their time  on unsuitable  men, flings, affairs or ONSs. This phenomenon  is common knowledge  to we who have  mixed in the  cities and cosmopolitan classes in Thailand. They don't need men or need to rush into marriage. The don't live by the social codes of agrarian villages

This all might be true. But I think it still sounds strange that a nice bank manager is not (or was not) in a relationship.

As far as I know a bank manager job is an 8h/day job. Not like i.e. a restaurant owner or many other jobs which really don't leave time for any other activity.

I guess a manager will meet lots of people, and probably also enough men who have money or make money.

How many "suitable" men did she meet over the years? And there was not even one who was Mr. Right?

For me, with my limited experience with old women, this situation is strange. She must have had lots of opportunities and if she doesn't look too bad then probably also enough guys who asked her out. Something must be wrong - at least IMHO.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 11:28 AM, RafPinto said:

A friend of mine is dating a lovely lady.
I saw her ones and she seems to be a well educated, down to earth woman.

My friend, not registered here, is trying to find out what could be her salary.

She is 40 and works as a branch manager for a local bank.

Why is it always "a friend"?

Oh well, let me translate.

"works as a branch manager" really means she knows where the closest five ATMs are.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Many educated and financially  secure women in Thailand  are single because they have concentrated on their  careers and education.  They tend to be more discriminating and many are modest and like many Thai women don't waste their time  on unsuitable  men, flings, affairs or ONSs. This phenomenon  is common knowledge  to we who have  mixed in the  cities and cosmopolitan classes in Thailand. They don't need men or need to rush into marriage. The don't live by the social codes of agrarian villages

All very true.  

One thing, however, that I notice is that there comes a time when the “biological time clock” issue rears it’s head and they start hunting for someone to have children with.  Unfortunately, for many of them (mostly in their 40s) time starts to run out and they have a hard time accepting that because of the choices made at younger ages (freedom, career, or other lifestyle choices) they will most likely remain childless.  They usually don’t realize the consequences of their decisions (for better or for worse) until it’s too late. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

3. - oh, don't sell them short - they just know different things - some good, some bad - my wives were both very smart in manipulating me... in knowing that I would rather do anything than fight - and one tear and I would surrender all... so, I gave in before any tears could fall...

4. Yes, humor is there and I think you know enough Thai by now to cross that bridge

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You mean because of the bony toes? I think most girls can get past that.. the humor and an easy nature can go a long way... 

8 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Not sure how many Thai males stay in long term relationships without ever marrying if she was such a good catch?

Maybe she was previously married, he took a younger Mia Noi or ran off altogether?

Her story is very unusual for a woman her age.

Bank manager at 40 is not very high climber so there must be more to the story?

I think it's a decent career.
Studying economics, doing a masters, starting at bank as trainee assistant manager and later assistant manager and now branch manager with 7 staff, 2 assistant managers, a car with driver etc.

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Because at 40 years old thai women are usually much better looking and phyically youthful than their western counterparts and as in this case makes a lot of money. Brings assets to the marriage with farang  not just a young cutie with no baht.

True.

I was told her father has a farm up in Isaan.
200 Rai of land, cows, rice, Palm trees etc.

I think it's a good catch.