Making an appointment at CW Immigration BANGKOK?

12 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Was at CW today after lunch break. A lot of people from the morning finishing but few new arrivals in the afternoon. Took 2 hours from que ticket to passport return with extension. No appoint since the system is down.

When did you obtain bank letter? 

1 minute ago, asiaexpat said:

Monday.

Why be coy.

You stated procedure took 2 hours and you arrived after lunch to obtain queue ticket.

CW want to see activity in bank account on day of application.

Also bank letter to reflect that.

It's convenient that CW has banks on lower level.

So when did you do all that.

• Confused 1

CW's policy is to accept bank deposit letters dated up to 1 week prior to yr visit. The letter does NOT have to be dated the same day of yr visit.

BUT, what does have to be done the same day as yr visit is some update to yr bank account passbook, either by a balance update or some deposit or w/d and then printed bank book update done the day of yr visit.

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BUT, what does have to be done the same day as yr visit is some update to yr bank account passbook, either by a balance update or some deposit or w/d and then printed bank book update done the day of yr visit

Think you will find it requires update AND deposit/withdrawal to show "activity" on day of application.

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you will find it requires update AND deposit/withdrawal to show "activity" on day of application.

It depends on the particular bank. Some, such as BKKB, will just do a passbook only print update that they call a *balance forward" transaction wirhout any depisit or w/d that reflects that current day. 

In the case of my Krungsri account for Immigration, they wont do that kind of update either by their tellers or passbook update machines.

So for Krugari, the day of, I w/d 100b from their ATM, then deposit it back via their CDM, and then print update my passbook, which keeps the resulting account balance unchanged.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It depends on the particular bank. Some, such as BKKB, will just do a passbook only print update that they call a *balance forward" transaction wirhout any depisit or w/d that reflects that current day. 

In the case of my Krungsri account for Immigration, they wont do that kind of update either by their tellers or passbook update machines.

So for Krugari, the day of, I w/d 100b from their ATM, then deposit it back via their CDM, and then print update my passbook, which keeps the resulting account balance unchanged.

Regardless CW want to see ACTIVITY in the account other than a balance brought forward.

This means a deposit or withdrawal. 

If you have been able to use update machine only with deposit/withdrawal then fine.

Personally in my first ever extension at CW the io made me go downstairs to make transaction. I made small deposit using teller. 

My bb had been updated. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Regardless CW want to see ACTIVITY in the account other than a balance brought forward.

This means a deposit or withdrawal. 

What they want to see is an update to the bankbook on the day of application to show that you haven't emptied your account. For most banks that requires a transaction of some kind, but I understand that Bangkok Bank will add a new line in the book with the current date even if there's been no change, and that seems to be fine with most immigration officers (at least at CW).

As others have noted, CW will accept a bank letter issued within seven days prior to the application, and the amount shown on that letter does not have to agree with the final figure from the same-day bankbook update - mine generally doesn't, and I've never had any problem with that. It's pretty obvious that that figure is equal to the balance from the letter, plus or minus the new deposit/withdrawal.

And yes, I understand that the requirement for the bankbook update is ludicrous. Apparently their fear is that you withdrew all your money as soon as you got the letter, but they don't seem to "get" that you could just as easily withdraw it all immediately after updating your book, or right after getting your extension. They'll never have absolute "proof" of anything, only "evidence".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

When did you obtain bank letter? 

I recently completed a non-O retirement extension at CW. No appointment. Bank letter, and passbook updated, the previous day. Arrived 9am, out by 11am. No problems, no hassle. Could hardly be easier.

Edited by Thingamabob
  • Confused 1