Bangkok beats Pattaya as top New Year’s Eve destination, Khao Kho makes it into the Top 10

webfact

"Interestingly, Khao Kho in Phetchabun province famous for its abundant nature and cooler weather makes it into the top 10 for the first time"

Up here 2019 was bedlam on the roads, Covid 2020 was almost bearable, so here we go again with another new year not moving off the property.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

From what friends of mine tell me and reports you read Pattaya night life is very much open.

last night in Pattaya was no different to how it was 3 years ago bars open music on..only thing different was a few of my local haunts in Lk were a lot cheaper than before some of them that were 75..80 baht before were 50..same at a few bars on 2nd road Merry Christmas

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

"Interestingly, Khao Kho in Phetchabun province famous for its abundant nature and cooler weather makes it into the top 10 for the first time"

Up here 2019 was bedlam on the roads, Covid 2020 was almost bearable, so here we go again with another new year not moving off the property.

i live 40 km from khao kho but come to pattaya for xmas and new year...might give the mountains a try next year 

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Khao Kho is very different to Pattaya.

Although it's very scenic there's not really a lot to do.

Good bike trip if that's your thing.

i go camping the a few times a month yes agree very different but enjoy both

• Like 1

Well Bangkok has a lot more temples and museums, shopping malls, and lots of hotel choices

and restaurants.  Pattaya has a beach, good seafood, and lots of restaurants and hotels and

a lot less pollution in the air most days, but I guess the old tourists do not all want to

go near the ocean. Plus Bangkok is where the International airport is located. Hmmmm.