In which hospitals can the second compulsory PCR test be done for new arrivals?

csaba81

Received a QR code with a link to a document which lists the Lanna hospital as the only testing site in Chiang Mai. I'm assuming that's the only option?

Also it says you should get tested on day 5 to 7 after arrival. If I arrived on a Monday then I'm assuming that means I can get tested as early as Friday? (Want to leave ASAP and visit friends living out of the city)

Edited by csaba81

I would guess you could get the RT-PCR test at any hospital.  I know you can get it done at Chiangmai RAM hospital......3,500 baht (with results later in the day if you're tested in the morning or results the next morning if tested in the afternoon).  I understand from reports that the cost at other hospitals can be as low as 2,700 baht. 

If you arrived on a Monday, I'd think the following Friday is only 4 days away, not 5. 

I don't know when you got your QR code but the document it links to was updated on 24 December. It now clearly states on  page 2 that all government hospitals are acceptable. The list that follows are only the approved private hospitals.

So you can use any government hospital.

Lanna Hospital is at present the only approved private hospital in CM.

On 12/29/2021 at 1:10 PM, Sheryl said:

I don't know when you got your QR code but the document it links to was updated on 24 December. It now clearly states on  page 2 that all government hospitals are acceptable. The list that follows are only the approved private hospitals.

So you can use any government hospital.

Lanna Hospital is at present the only approved private hospital in CM.

Is there a difference between the charge for private and government with regards to Covid test?

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

Is there a difference between the charge for private and government with regards to Covid test?

If there is not a difference between the charge, there is certainly a difference between the cost and that is with or without VAT.  

So yes absolutely.