Beaches in Prachuap Khiri Khan the cleanest in Thailand

webfact

ban-krut-696x462.jpg

Ban Krut beach

By Paul Andrews

Two beaches in Prachuap Khiri Khan have been found to have the cleanest water of any beach in Thailand.

According to the 2021 Environmental Quality Audit carried out by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Ban Krut Beach and Ao Manao Beach topped the list of the beaches with the purest seawater.

As part of the audit, researchers carried out analysis to determine the quality of the environment across four different categories:

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/beaches-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-the-cleanest-in-thailand/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-12-30

Ao Manao is a nice pretty beach popular with locals on the Airforce base it is cleaned often. I never noticed the water was particularly clean not a place for snorkelling due to a muddy bottom. Don't know the other one, but many beaches are plagued with plastic these days especially those south of Sam Roi Yot national park. I still think the Anderman sea has the cleanest water but plastic is always an issue.

• Like 2

Ban Krut is the nicest Gulf beach I've been to.   

Ao Manao, probably #2 ... but .. My ears will disagree with Ao Manao's cleanliness, as got an infection last 2 times there. Not too surprising considering the sewer next door, northward, Ao Prachuap. If going in, keep your head out of of the water.

Edited by KhunLA

This has to be a joke unless its the sandy beach they mean and not the water. Swimmed there enough to classified it as 1 where 10 is best. 

Felt

The quality of the waters of the Gulf of Thailand off central Hua Hin were rated "fair" in 2015 by the Pollution Control Department.[13]: 54  But, the report noted that "...the main tourism areas, namely Cha–Am Beach, ... and Hua Hin Beach, ... should be consistently monitored, since enterococci [fecal] bacteria levels exceeded the standard...."[13]: 59 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hua_Hin_District

• Like 1

Sorry unless there is a 3rd party independent auditor, I don’t believe what any Thai authority says…not only biased with an incentive but I question their competency….

you don’t change the WHO PM 10 level b/c you know your country can’t reach that universal standard so let’s just double it….that’s a lack of competency issue to alter sush a standard 

• Like 1