Bangkok to plant flower gardens in public parks

webfact

EDDCF7DA-2B79-4F76-BA63-FC684B014143.jpg

Image Credit: PR Bangkok

If you’re planning to stay in Bangkok for the New Year holidays, you can visit these flower gardens in four public parks across the city.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has arranged flower gardens in the parks under its “Bangkok Flora Festival”, which lasts from January until July 2022.

Bangkok Governor, Aswin Kwanmuang said that the gardens are being be organised as a New Year gift for the people of the city and to encourage local tourism.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-to-plant-flower-gardens-in-public-parks/

Logo-top-.png

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I dont reside in BKK, and would naturally assume that all the Parks had Flower Borders 365

Why dont they ?

I saw a post somewhere Instagram or Facebook?, from the UK I think it was, where council had removed the grass from all of their roadside and road divider strips and seeded them with perennial meadow flowers ... not only do they save truckloads of mower fuel, no adding of monoxide gas into the atmosphere, but they support all manner of insect and bird life through them, and they looked so beautiful too.

I'm so happy to hear that this soulful, soul-healing, happiness bringing flower growing is being embraced by BKK council folks. Even if you don't realise it flowers around you are always a good thing.

I'm proud to say as a young horticulture apprentice I had the honour to work for a few years, I was most fortunate to be taught by a Master flower grower at North Sydney Council. We worked on the magnificent display beds in St Leonards Park corner of Miller and Falcon streets and a few other locations in the shire ... Does anybody here know these gardens? His knowledge was truly endless. Some of the happiest days of my life I think. 

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Thanks 1