Firefox And Yahoo

Gary A

IE 7 doesn't do this to me. I have gone so far as to uninstall Firefox and reinstall it and it still has the problem.

-------------------------------

We've detected that the My Yahoo! page cached on your machine is out of date.

Click here to continue to My Yahoo! with a fresh page.

Click here to sign in as a different user.

-------------------------------

Both My Yahoo and Yahoo Mail {Beta} make considerable use of the so called Ajax technologies, which can be a real problem here if the, literally, hidden communications fail. The failure state often means the server ends up assuming that there is another problem and failing. One different example of this is some google searches which suddenly think you are a 'robot' and ask you to enter a code to proceed.

The increased functionality designs based on Network Ubiquity are all very well, until you try to utilise the service here where such an assumption is invalid.

Regards

/edit clarity //

Edited by A_Traveller

In past week, I have not been able to sign in properly to yahoo mail (yahoo.com) with either IE6 or with FF. Have not tried with IE7. I get the page not found helpful creen from MS with IE6 and a blank screen with FF. My YAHOO.COM is on YAHOO MAIL BETA. I have a couple of YAHOO UK email signons too, one BETA and one "switched back" - both of these allow me to sign in process mail properly.

When I say I cannot sign in properly I mean, I DO sign in because I can see the email headers in the yahoo home page, but I just cannot get to the YAHOO email screens. I can send and receive from OUTLOOK (I have the upgrade to YAHOO that allows POP3 and SMTP).

Anyone else having this problem ? I'm with CAT HINET.

Thought it may be relevant to this post when someone talked about AJAX messing things up here in Thailand.

Cheers.

sound like a different issue roog.

What Internet security are you using, Norton etc....

Maybe some kind of ad blocking is stopping the page being displayed correctly.

Could try just flicking the security off for 5 mins and giving it another go.

Dont leave it off though.

What I'm finding increasingly is that pages which are built from multiple sources, even within the single domain can have issues.

Examples, the subdomain for images within BBC, the dot' js domain within Microsoft {small operation that only got one server :o} or set ups where a centralised repository holds scripts, css etc.. In yahoo I can find that even without Beta the page arrives eventually but sans css. Pages where the data sources are directly sourced, i.e. domain/scripts have much less problems. Equally any invisible frame requests can and do often screw up. As an example even if I explicitly permit it, ultramercial with the Economist can {used for special offers} cause the page to fail, or simply take minutes to load [1mb/512 service]

Accept that others may not have these problems but I've found that True, in my case, is becoming close to unworkable.

Regards

I have cleared the cache as well as passwords, history and whatever else can be cleared. I use Bitdefender and Spy Sweeper. Those programs also work when I use IE 7 and IE 7 has no problems. Why don't I use IE 7? Because it's SO slow compared to Firefox. Often I have to sign in to other sites also. It remembers my password but I still have to sign in. I'm beginning to think that Adblock is the problem. It's really not a big deal but with my sad Ipstar connection anything that makes it even slower is irritating.

Gary, if your using Adblock Plus on FF, you can disable it temporarily by 'middle clicking' your mouse which will, let you check if it is casing the problem. Further, when it is active clicking on the icon opens a panel with the page components listed {those in red being blocked}.

Have to say I've not found it to be the cause, except once when the list update was corrupt, but that was fixed in an hour or so by the supplier.

Regards

PS Sure you know but 'middle clicking' is either the centre mouse button or press down the scroll wheel.